Oh My God

....well daaaahhhhh ... GOD reached into this woman's heart and spoke to her - answering the other woman's prayers! It soooo obvious.

Michael

Side note: That's pretty close to pure altruistism..

which is it?
i am leaning towards the former cos the tt also mentions god
furthermore, what would be impure altruism?

which is it?
The Japanese Goddess Amaterasu did it.

it seems to me that the woman, knowing something was wrong, was faced with what she knew to be true - something was seriously wrong with her friend. Thus, feeling horrible for her "friend" she offered her kidney thereby alleviating her own bad feelings and even perhaps reassuring her own faith in humanity via her own seemingly selfless act. Ultimately giving her a sense of control over what would otherwise be the uncontrollable world. Our whole species, culture, language, religion etc.. is based on trying to exert control over the world around us and therefor our destiny.

We should probably keep a sample of her DNA for future breeding programs.

if she were being purely altruistic then she'd have given her kidney to a stranger years ago. Something connected her emotionally to this women and that's what prompted her to donate her kidney.

yes, the assumptions are just assumptions.

if she were being purely altruistic then she'd have given her kidney to a stranger years ago. Something connected her emotionally to this women and that's what prompted her to donate her kidney.

yes, the assumptions are just assumptions.

no
the woman made it clear she was ailing
most will offer up a can i help?
very few will help out with an organ

furthermore, you cannot dictate what in what form altruism should express itself. nor should you dictate when.

again, what is pure altruism? i suppose you think that if the qualifier were to be removed, the term is then redefined to indicate a selfish rather than selfless mode of action.

if that is the case, perhaps it should be removed as a descriptor of that act.

altruism

Etymology: French altruisme, from autrui other people, from Old French, oblique case form of autre other, from Latin alter

Date:1853

1 : unselfish regard for or devotion to the welfare of others
2 : behavior by an animal that is not beneficial to or may be harmful to itself but that benefits others of its species

dirt digging, vicious slander and character assassination are probably a function of guilt and envy on the part of those that seek to besmirch and tarnish the altruistic.

ja
whats in it for her

Back