Off-topic posts from the "Evidence that God is real" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yazata posted WLC’s arguments for evidence that God is real.
Good for him! He actually thought about it and posted what he agreed with.

Can you do the same? Or can you not think for yourself?
I didn’t see anything that resembled anything you posted.
Perhaps you can explain you came about that information.
You told us to Google William Craig, and explained that you believe what he believes. Whenever anyone asked any questions, you said "just Google him." Over and over again.

I Googled William Craig. That's what I found. You believe some pretty strange things.

@bilvon

Where in any argument for evidence of God, made by WLC, does it mention anything resembling the points you made?

Can you point them out to us please?

Thanks in advance.

Jan.

The first round, the flaw is in bold. It is a leap of faith not a leap of logic. How does one go immediately from an explanation of existence to a personal being? Makes no sense at all.

1. Every contingent thing has an explanation of its existence.
2. If the universe has an explanation of its existence, that explanation is a transcendent, personal being.
3. The universe is a contingent thing.
4. Therefore, the universe has an explanation of its existence.
5. Therefore, the explanation of the universe is a transcendent, personal being.

This round is probably the silliest and makes the least amount of sense. It creates a false premise about mathematics and the jumps to the conclusion that God exists. Absurd.

1. If God did not exist, the applicability of mathematics would be just a happy coincidence.
2. The applicability of mathematics is not just a happy coincidence.
3. Therefore, God exists.

It's little wonder Dawkins refuses to debate Lane, the guys got a screw loose.

How do you know that WLC's arguments that reveal evidence of God, isn't evidence of God?

jan.

You’re just talking nonsense.
I am making far more sense than you.

I got those statements from the Web. You can Google them if you like. They are what WLC thinks - indeed, they are from his own writings. You have said several times you believe what he believes. Whenever anyone asked any questions, you said "just Google him." Over and over again.

So Google him if you don't believe me.

Very, very simple.

I thought I already did. Lane makes assertions that don't follow any logical path to they're conclusions.

Mathematics, therefore God exists. Universe, therefore God exists. Lane is a dumbass.

You didn’t.

How do you know his evidence does not reveal God?

Jan.

Clearly, not to the satisfaction of one who doesn't want to hear it and thinks illogical, irrational conclusions from false premises is somehow hard evidence. Maybe your asking if Lane got lucky and by sheer chance got it right? How do we verify that?

I’m asking you to explain the illogic of WLC’s evidence for God.

Jan.

If I didn’t want to hear it, I wouldn’t have asked you to explain it.

But if you cannot explain, and you just need to make up the numbers for support, I get it.

Jan.

I did explain, a couple of times and even provided a relevant example, you simply don't want to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back