Now reading (The Book Thread)

What you see is of little concern.
your rights to hold an opinion are not in question: Your beliefs that it be taken seriously is.

So you question my argument based on a book you have not read; and worse you defend him ; based on a book you have not read or ever will.

Either your a robot or you are becoming one.

I see ; you then are part of this " fabricated illogical method " .

I see also that James has supported Dywyddyr also.
:) Obviously it appears that while I have not read the book, other more reputable members have certainly outlined the book quite admirably and truthfully...it appears. :)

So you question my argument based on a book you have not read; and worse you defend him ; based on a book you have not read or ever will.
I question your judgement and honesty, yes.
Either your a robot or you are becoming one.
:) Perhaps the robot analogy is more aptly applied to yourself?
You know, In your vain emotional efforts to support anything and everything not validated by logical science and the scientific methods...the likes of supernatural nonsense, how quick you are to support cranks and conspiracy artists based on nothing more than rumour and innuendo, and how quick you are to claim UFO sightings as of Alien origins, without any evidence.....Yet I see you quickly hop in to try and limit and deride the exciting, wonderful discovery of gravitational waves and BH confirmation.
Yes, put me down as supporting James and Dywyddyr for their general more sensible and logical approach to the world we live in and the nature of the book in question..

I question your judgement and honesty, yes.

:) Perhaps the robot analogy is more aptly applied to yourself?
You know, In your vain emotional efforts to support anything and everything not validated by logical science and the scientific methods...the likes of supernatural nonsense, how quick you are to support cranks and conspiracy artists based on nothing more than rumour and innuendo, and how quick you are to claim UFO sightings as of Alien origins, without any evidence.....Yet I see you quickly hop in to try and limit and deride the exciting, wonderful discovery of gravitational waves and BH confirmation.
Yes, put me down as supporting James and Dywyddyr for their general more sensible and logical approach to the world we live in and the nature of the book in question..

Your post response is irrelevant

Best book I have ever read was "The Making of the Atomic Bomb" by Richard Rhodes.......
Not so much a history of the Manhattan project, as a whole rundown on late 19th century, and 20th century physics from Roentgen and Bequeral, to Curie and Mitner, and Einstein and Feynman and every giant in between!
Great stuff!
Getting back on track, I would again emphasise the above book as a must for anyone interested in actual scientific research and data and happenings from the late 19th century with Curie, Rhoentgen, and Bequeral, through to early 20th century giants such as Einstein, Bohr, Szillard, Fermi and through to the likes of Feynman.
Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Getting back on track, I would again emphasise the above book as a must for anyone interested in actual scientific research and data and happenings from the late 19th century with Curie, Rhoentgen, and Bequeral, through to early 20th century giants such as Einstein, Bohr, Szillard, Fermi and through to the likes of Feynman.
Cannot recommend it highly enough.
Two more that are excellent accounts of present day cosmology are Kip Thorne's BH's and Time Warps, and another called "Gravity's Fatal Attraction" by Sir Martin Rees and Mitch Begalman.
Superforce by Paul Davis and also "The First Three Minutes" by Stephen Weinberg are all interesting.

T6wo more that are excellent accounts of present day cosmology are Kip Thorne's BH's and Tim6e Warps, and another called "Gravity's Fatal Attraction" by Sir Martin Rees and Mitch Begalman.
Superforce by Paul Davis and also "The First Three Minutes" by Stephen Weinberg are all interesting.

Intellect destroyed.

Intellect destroyed.
:) We'll let your peers on this forum decide that, won't we? ;)
Anyway river, it appears you want to play childish games, so I'll leave your destroyed intellect and your rights to an opinion/s to yourself
Have fun!

I searched the Google for the book that river is reading, and I could find no mention of ufos or aliens. Seems like if that was a central theme there would have been mention of it. In fact, I kind of want to read it now.

I searched the Google for the book that river is reading, and I could find no mention of ufos or aliens. Seems like if that was a central theme there would have been mention of it. In fact, I kind of want to read it now.
I don't think so.

If I remember correctly, it was a theory on aliens visiting earth and building the pyramids and stuff.

I read it, but a long time ago.

Better than average for pseudoscientific nonsense, admittedly. The main problem is that it picks and chooses which evidence to present and which to ignore. It's not an honest book.

Why do you feel the need to lie?
"...alien cartographers in orbiting spaceships to explain the existence of sophisticated maps of an ice-free Antarctica?" Page 28.
"...the Nazca lines have been identified by a number of observers as landing strips for alien spaceships." Page 45.
"...runways for the chariots of alien ‘gods’," Page 46.
"...visitors from another planet." Page 47.
Etc. Etc.
(For reference all quotes are from the 1995 edition published by Three Rivers Press).

Reputations are reputations. I certainly know where my thoughts on the likelyhood of truth lays.

river:

Are you using the 1995 edition published by Three Rivers Press?

That's the one Dywyddyr quoted from.

river:

Are you using the 1995 edition published by Three Rivers Press?

That's the one Dywyddyr quoted from.

Yes

Copy right © 1995 by Graham Hancock

With no updated editions mentioned AT ALL. Hence why I can not find anything that Dywyddyr is referencing AT ALL ; at these pages Dywyddyr lists on his post # 563

Last edited:
NO he hasn't pad . Notice NO response by him. Before you respond to this post; I'm sure he is a big boy ; he can answer for himself.

river
No response from me because I haven't logged in for a while.

Well I have the same book ; 1995 edition by Three Rivers Press ; on page 28 he talks about ; Longitude ; John Harrison ; his chronometer; nothing about aliens.
Harrison isn't mentioned until page 37.

On page 45 ; THE beardered stranger
The word "stranger" doesn't appear until page 41.
The SECTION entitled "The Bearded Stranger" begins in Part II on page 52.

Lets compare ISBN# 9780385258289 's
ISBN 0-517-88729-0 15.

Screenshot: take a look at the final paragraph and the page number.
Screenshot%202016-02-25%2020.10.32_zpsnrzrfcyt.png

Since when are knuckle-dragging hominids incapable of advanced intellectual tasks like map-making?

Back