Now reading (The Book Thread)

"A General History of the Robberies and Murders of the Most Notorious Pirates"
by Cpt. Charles Johnson (pulished first in 1780something).

Right now I'm reading GHOSTS/ALIENS by Trey Hamburger. Funniest book I ever read.

It's by the same guy who wrote Real Ultimate Power: The Official Ninja Book

The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. Fun book, but the writing style is definitely unique and can be hard to follow sometimes.

I'm reading A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison. Gotta love me some horror/fantasy. I'm also reading Modern Magick (Second Addition): Eleven Lessons in the High Magickal Arts. Confusing as hell. I don't understand Hebrew, much less how to pronounce it.

the mouse trap by agatha christie (translated)

Yust finished "de leeuw van vlaanderen" by hendrik conscience (this one was in old dutch)

To Rule The Waves: How The British Navy Shaped The Modern World
by Arthur Herman

I just finished reading 1984 by George Orwell... I don't know why I never read it before :(

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. I'm halfway through and it's one of the best, most enlightening books I've ever picked up.

~String

Re-reading James Blish's "Cities In Flight" series - after a 30-year gap.

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. I'm halfway through and it's one of the best, most enlightening books I've ever picked up.
I predict a trolling response to that enlightenment from someone who probably hasn't even read the book -but has a lot of irrational and uninformed comments regardless. Just a prediction. And it was a good book.

I predict a trolling response to that enlightenment from someone who probably hasn't even read the book -but has a lot of irrational and uninformed comments regardless. Just a prediction. And it was a good book.

I never knew that Dawkins was so hysterical. He's actually one of the wittiest writers I've read in a long time. While it was very deep and accusatory, it was also somewhat lighthearted.

~String

I got a chuckle out of much of it, too. Ironically, it was some of his witty comments that drew criticism.

Back