No heaven or hell------

What I think SetiAlpha may have been speaking of:

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)"

Whatever translation you choose to put to this, it seems that commotion and division will abound not so?

No he doesn't....stop lying to yourself....

“Put your sword back in its place… for all who take the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will provide me with more than twelve legions of angels?” (Matthew 26:52-53)

So in self defense, Jesus will ask for 12 platoons of angels? How about just asking his omnipotent father to make his enemy's weapons disappear? Or freezing them in time while he walks away safely? Just curious you understand.

No he doesn't....stop lying to yourself....

“Put your sword back in its place… for all who take the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will provide me with more than twelve legions of angels?” (Matthew 26:52-53)

I am not lying to myself or to anyone else.

What you say is true and what I say is also true as well. Both are taught in the Bible in contradiction to each other. I will gladly provide the verses I am referring to so you can see them for yourself, if you wish.

I don't expect you to take my word for it.

Thank You!

I would like that.

Perhaps I am wrong...

Jesus, and as far as I know, every single author in the New Testament, all declare that the Old Testament Law is righteous, true, and good. There is even one verse in the Bible that describes it as “perfect”. The Law is never, ever, thrown out or revoked at all by Jesus. He teaches that it will be in full force “until heaven and earth pass away.” And thus it remains in force even to this current day.

Matthew 5:18
"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Here is just one Old Testament Law of many that require the killing of the person who disobeys it.

Leviticus 20:9
9 " 'If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.

And here is an account where Jesus (In the New Testament) is criticizing people for not carrying out the killing that is required by this same Law. He even accuses these people of breaking “the command”, by not killing the lawbreaker for the sake of their tradition. See what you think, anyway.

Matthew 15:3-9
3Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and ' Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' 5But you say that if a man says to his father or mother, 'Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is a gift devoted to God,' 6he is not to 'honor his father' with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
8" 'These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.'"

If their hearts were close to Him they would be following the Law and would be killing those who disobeyed it. He did leave that part in, did He not? And they are described as being far from Him by following the teachings of men instead of the Law of God.

In a nutshell it says - God says kill...you say don't...thus you nullify the word of God.

This whole thing is sickening to me! But, anyway, there it is!

Last edited:
Back