No! (Gasp!) Not Mary Ann!

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
Source: SeattleTimes.com
Link: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004274692_webdawnwells11m.html
Title: "Former Gilligan's Island star caught with marijuana in car", by Associated Press
Date: March 11, 2008

That's right. First Gilligan, and now Mary Ann. The Associated Press reports:

A surprise birthday party for Dawn Wells, the actress who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," ended with a nearly three-hour tour of the Teton County sheriff's office and jail when the 69-year-old was caught with marijuana in her vehicle while driving home.

Wells is now serving six months' unsupervised probation for the crime. She was sentenced Feb. 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.

The guilty plea came as part of an agreement with prosecutors in which three misdemeanor counts — driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance — were dropped.

(Associated Press)

2004274905.jpg
2004274899.jpg

Dawn Wells, then and now.

We love you and miss you, Dawn. Smoke one for Bob while you're at it ....

Okay, the truth is, everyone in America has smoked pot and a lot still do. This recent crackdown on celebrities is ridiculous.

Okay, the truth is, everyone in America has smoked pot and a lot still do. This recent crackdown on celebrities is ridiculous.

I know, right? What, do they think they are going to try to get the pot smokers to go straight by making examples out of celebrities? Pfft.
The U.S. Government will NEVER win the war on drugs (specifically and especially weed). They are wasting money and fighting a losing battle.

:m:

U.S. Government would be far better off legalising all drugs, making strict regulations, and educating the public, like with smoking and alcohol.

U.S. Government would be far better off legalising all drugs, making strict regulations, and educating the public, like with smoking and alcohol.

I like the way you think, because it's the way I think too!

Look at her. :m::p:m:

She can't even keep a straight face.
Haha. She doesn't care. I'm sure as soon as she posts bail, she will go straight home and smoke a bowl (provided whoever picks her up from jail doesn't have any with them at the time).

I always knew there was something special about Mary Ann...and now I know why...she's a head! I wonder if they grew it on the island?

The serious thing here is that she was driving while under the influence of a narcotic substance. And that's just stupid and dangereous for herself and other people in the traffic.

It's not a narcotic substance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcotic

"In U.S. legal context, narcotic refers to opium, opium derivatives, and their semi-synthetic or fully synthetic substitutes "as well as cocaine and coca leaves," which although classified as "narcotics" in the U.S. Controlled Substances Act (CSA), are chemically not narcotics. Contrary to popular belief, marijuana is not a narcotic, nor are LSD and other psychedelic drugs.[4]"

I know, right? What, do they think they are going to try to get the pot smokers to go straight by making examples out of celebrities? Pfft.
The U.S. Government will NEVER win the war on drugs (specifically and especially weed). They are wasting money and fighting a losing battle.

:m:

Don't worry, the purpose of the "War on Drugs" was never to abolish drugs from society. Its only purpose was to utterly destroy the black communities, and to put as many blacks as possible in jail under drug charges. So in a sense, you're right - America will never "win" that war in the sense most people perceive it as.

It's not a narcotic substance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcotic

"In U.S. legal context, narcotic refers to opium, opium derivatives, and their semi-synthetic or fully synthetic substitutes "as well as cocaine and coca leaves," which although classified as "narcotics" in the U.S. Controlled Substances Act (CSA), are chemically not narcotics. Contrary to popular belief, marijuana is not a narcotic, nor are LSD and other psychedelic drugs.[4]"

I don't know US laws, whatever. The point is that a person is impaired under the influence of weed.

Its only purpose was to utterly destroy the black communities, and to put as many blacks as possible in jail under drug charges.

Really? How does that work? Does the gov send people out force drugs on people at gun point? Last I'd checked, most folks make a decision to take or not take illegal drugs. It's not like the laws are a secret and you find out when they're hauling you away that what you did was illegal.

Really? How does that work? Does the gov send people out force drugs on people at gun point? Last I'd checked, most folks make a decision to take or not take illegal drugs. It's not like the laws are a secret and you find out when they're hauling you away that what you did was illegal.

Yeah, of course it's ultimately at the user's discretion. However, when you bring in tons of new drugs to the poorest ghettos of the U.S., people are bound to use it/make a business out of it. Then it becomes an addiction, and the cycle continues.

Yeah, of course it's ultimately at the user's discretion. However, when you bring in tons of new drugs to the poorest ghettos of the U.S., people are bound to use it/make a business out of it. Then it becomes an addiction, and the cycle continues.

When who brings in the drugs?

By what are people bond to make illegal drugs a living?
Oh yes, their desire to break the law.

Don't worry, the purpose of the "War on Drugs" was never to abolish drugs from society. Its only purpose was to utterly destroy the black communities, and to put as many blacks as possible in jail under drug charges. So in a sense, you're right - America will never "win" that war in the sense most people perceive it as.

Um, so why did they arrest a little old white lady, in your opinion?

When who brings in the drugs?

By what are people bond to make illegal drugs a living?
Oh yes, their desire to break the law.

The U.S. congress cut funds to militant groups in South America in the 80's, so the CIA allowed drug trafficking into America's worst ghettos and neighbourhoods, and used the money to fund the Contras and their military operations.

Um, so why did they arrest a little old white lady, in your opinion?

Because the drugs have expanded from the ghettos to which they were introduced.

The serious thing here is that she was driving while under the influence of a narcotic substance. And that's just stupid and dangereous for herself and other people in the traffic.

Then she should get a ticket.

Back