No Gandhian philosophy for muslims.

Sock puppet path

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Valued Senior Member
Praising Gandhi earns Kashmir CM a fatwa,

In an edict (Fatwa) issued by him, the Grand Mufti said that in case "he does not undergo penance for his utterance, his act would be considered as anti-Islam."

The Grand Mufti, while asking the chief minister to clarify his position on the matter, said, "Gandhi was relevant to his community but for the Muslims Prophet Mohammad was the only leader to be followed."
link

Is the Grand Mufti mistaken?? What is problematic with adopting Gandhian philosophy for muslims?

Discuss.

The chief minister is elected; the mufti is not.

He sounds like one of the many problems Kashmir is facing.

The chief minister is elected; the mufti is not.

He sounds like one of the many problems Kashmir is facing.

I understand that but just the fact that one of the highest religious authoritys in the region considers even the suggestion as anti-islamic just boggles the mind. :bugeye:

I understand that but just the fact that one of the highest religious authoritys in the region considers even the suggestion as anti-islamic just boggles the mind. :bugeye:

There are no religious authorities in Islam. A mufti is doing a job, not very well it would appear. I wonder how much of religious studies he has gone through.

The chief minister would probably have more impact than him, being elected he is representative of the people, the mufti is merely representative of those who think like him.

There are a lot of anti-Indians in Kashmir, since India went back on its promise to give them a referendum. The mufti is probably one of them.

No authority is a very convenient catch phrase but anyone who has a title such as imam, or mufti and can speak and spread thier opinion to an audience I think qualifies as an authority. Naybe if islam hadn't latched onto this no authority idea the ranks of the folks who can make decrees or speak to an audience would be abit more kosher..or in this case halal.

No authority is a very convenient catch phrase but anyone who has a title such as imam, or mufti and can speak and spread thier opinion to an audience I think qualifies as an authority. Naybe if islam hadn't latched onto this no authority idea the ranks of the folks who can make decrees or speak to an audience would be abit more kosher..or in this case halal.

I think all Muslims get the no authority concept pretty clearly. I don't know any imam/mufti/ayatollah who is "followed" by Muslims as a group.

So does the KKK in the US and the neo-Nazis in Israel; doesn't make them representative

SAM said:
I think all Muslims get the no authority concept pretty clearly. I don't know any imam/mufti/ayatollah who is "followed" by Muslims as a group.
But we all know some who are followed by large groups of Muslims.

So the "no authority" concept seems to have its complications.

So does the KKK in the US and the neo-Nazis in Israel; doesn't make them representative

But it illustrates that they have supporters. You're so consumed with the fanatical desire to deflect all blame from your religion that you read everything as an attack. The fact that supporters exist should be a note of concern.

But it illustrates that they have supporters. You're so consumed with the fanatical desire to deflect all blame from your religion that you read everything as an attack. The fact that supporters exist should be a note of concern.

Of course, but the fact that its more political (kashmir referendum) than religious should not be overlooked.

Its a tug of war between the pro-India CM and the anti-India mufti

It used to be said of Kashmir:

Gar bar-ru-e-zamin ast; hamin ast, hamin ast, hamin asto

Today, no one would ever associate that verse with Kashmir.

I bet this mufti has not read "Gandhi's responses on Islam"

https://www.vedamsbooks.com/no31578.htm

Last edited:

Totally crap analogy just as Jamiat al islami is not equal to the govt of Pakistan so it is with the KKK. Besides the KKK has these things called Grand Dragons who are *shudder* leaders/spokesmen

That must be why it's so easy to organize massive worldwide demonstrations when there is a perceived affront.

Totally crap analogy just as Jamiat al islami is not equal to the govt of Pakistan so it is with the KKK. Besides the KKK has these things called Grand Dragons who are *shudder* leaders/spokesmen

Yeah, for the KKK, in other words, they represent only the people who already think like them.

The mufti will have many followers in Kashmir solely because of the anti-India sentiment there and because of the military atrocities of the Indian army on the local population.

Actually, he will find himself in agreement with Hindu fundies in RSS and BJP (Gandhi was shot by an RSS groupie), who also think that Gandhi was a wimp.

Yeah, for the KKK, in other words, they represent only the people who already think like them.
they represent members of thier belief/ideologic system namely the kkk. Easy to pick out in a crowd, the guys with sheets on.

The mufti will have many followers in Kashmir solely because of the anti-India sentiment there and because of the military atrocities of the Indian army on the local population.

And also because he is a mufti and speaks to a wider audience than..say Ali Ibrahim.

Actually, he will find himself in agreement with Hindu fundies in RSS and BJP (Gandhi was shot by an RSS groupie), who also think that Gandhi was a wimp.

No doubt, it's just a shame. More violence seemingly sanctified by faith.

they represent members of thier belief/ideologic system namely the kkk. Easy to pick out in a crowd, the guys with sheets on.

And also because he is a mufti and speaks to a wider audience than..say Ali Ibrahim.

No doubt, it's just a shame. More violence seemingly sanctified by faith.

It is a shame. And the KKK don't always wear the sheets.:)

But until the Kashmir issue is resolved, its par for the course.

Back