Nice to see children getting a proper education!

Bubber

Herbal Cannabinoid Lover
Registered Senior Member
Notice this wonderful book for children:

Isn't it lovely to see children getting a proper education based on a well researched book? The above image is also a link to amazon.com with a review.

tongue_in_cheek_by_tonybonacci.jpg

Um, it's religious propaganda really, isn't it. Fear not, here's some evolutionary propaganda to counteract it (for reading ages: 9-12):
The Sandwalk Adventures: An Adventure in Evolution Told in Five Chapters
http://www.amazon.com/Sandwalk-Adventures-Adventure-Evolution-Chapters/dp/0967725518

This is a charming graphic novel featuring aged Charles Darwin, his family, and a family of mites living in his eyebrow. One mite can speak to him, and so Darwin learns of the mites' myth that the Flycatcher (Darwin's nickname aboard the *Beagle*) is their Creator. Darwin must convince Mara and Willy (the mites) that evolution is real. Along the way we see the world through the mites' wild-eyed myths as well as the charming home life of the Darwins at Down House in England.
This is a great introduction to evolution as well as a nice gift. Hosler has done other comics as well. In any case, highly recommended.

Is this book being used to educate children in schools?
Check out Ken Ham on Wikipedia, especially the radio interview, very funny!

Is this book being used to educate children in schools?
Check out Ken Ham on Wikipedia, especially the radio interview, very funny!

I know that one the the reviewers said that she received the book as part of her homeschool curriculum.

I do not claim to be a biblical scholar or a paleontologist, but my beliefs and interests in both subjects differ greatly with the theory presented in this book. This book is included with our Christian homeschool curriculum, and if I even choose to present this to my daughter at all it will be prefaced with a discussion about theories. I don't feel that any person (creationist, evolutionist, etc.) can prove 100% of anything with blatant assumptions and conjectures. This book contradicts many accepted beliefs by scientists (Christian and otherwise) and I feel this would do no nothing but confuse my young daughter who has deep love and respect for God and a great interest in dinosaurs. The Bible may offer a person much of the most important things one needs to know, but you shouldn't manipulate the words to "create" information to prove or disprove every theory out there. I could respect the author's opinion and find the book more palatable if it wasn't basically saying that his belief is 100% accurate...

Spooky eh?

I know that one the the reviewers said that she received the book as part of her homeschool curriculum.

M*W: Now here's a christian I can respect.

Notice this wonderful book for children:

Isn't it lovely to see children getting a proper education based on a well researched book? The above image is also a link to amazon.com with a review.

If you can´t beat them - join them - and alter the truth so it suits you ..... after all , that`s what the church has done for the last 2 milleniums , so it must be legit ....

:p

Um, it's religious propaganda really, isn't it. Fear not, here's some evolutionary propaganda to counteract it (for reading ages: 9-12):

Ha,Ha,hah ... LOL ..........:D

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the triceratops on the cover look about the size of a large cow? Or are "Adam" and "Eve" 40 feet tall and the apple actually 20lbs?

This is the dumbest idea ever....although consider the source! I won't really condemn the author, i blame the publisher, which is a company who would have a board of editors right?

Master Books, a division of New Leaf Publishing seems to be a catalyzer of these inane and brain-sapping books; from accusing Hollywood of puppetry of the masses (religion's own speciality) to blaming the advent of germs and disease to man's sins. Gotta love to hate these fundies huh?

Just read up on Ken Ham...I'd love to see someone set up a debate between him and maybe Richard Dawkins. I think Ken would go home in tears.

The very fact that it's obvious leads me to believe that adherents of that Church believe the entire world is Christian (or perhaps at least the children, in which I can understand what you're saying), and that they are so naive, and ignorant, that this wasn't already apparent.

I liked this review:

13 of 41 people found the following review helpful:

Highly entertaining, June 12, 2005
Reviewer: Peter G. Andrijeski (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews

I am a sort of collector of crank literature and recently ordered Ham's "Dinosaurs of Eden." I could not be more delighted.

For anyone interested in this sort of literature for either social study of the boundaries of human belief, or simply for humor, I highly recommend it. The illustrations of dinosaurs and humans playfully interacting are absolutely hilarious and the standard young earth creationist arguments are almost as entertaining. While I share with genuine scientists the concern over the wild distortions of creationists of various stripes, anyone who can step back and enjoy the entertainment value of the their most absurd literature will want to own this book and to show it your friends.

The very fact that it's obvious leads me to believe that adherents of that Church believe the entire world is Christian (or perhaps at least the children, in which I can understand what you're saying), and that they are so naive, and ignorant, that this wasn't already apparent.

M*W: There have occasions when I've spoken with christians, and the topic of the percentage of christians worldwide comes up. Even after giving them the current statistics, they deny it. They just don't believe it. Everyone I have spoken to thinks that most of the world is christian! The truth is that most of the world is not christian, but that's a hard pill for them to swallow.

The true number of christians worldwide is not discussed in their churches. Conveniently, it is overlooked.

I would imagine that the 70% banner was more of a christian attempt to generate pity (as in "my goodness, 70% of children out there aren't as blessed as we are!"). I think it's there to foster a need to evangelise (in their followers), rather than displaying ignorance of statistics.

However I don't put my neck on a block for anyone's assumptions!

MW-

Sad, but apparently, through your experiences, true!

I would imagine that the 70% banner was more of a christian attempt to generate pity (as in "my goodness, 70% of children out there aren't as blessed as we are!"). I think it's there to foster a need to evangelise (in their followers), rather than displaying ignorance of statistics.

Absolutely, but I'm sure it could work both ways. Either way, as a non-Christian, it's funny.

Adam just fed the forbidden fruit to the triceretops. I knew it was mans fault for thier extinction.

Back