News: civilised life found on Mars!!

Despite my religious beleifs I hope (intelligent) life does exist on other planets, because it will make life so much more interesting, especially when we have inter-stellar travel etc. :)

Hemlock,

You say "Despite my religious beliefs".

Why do you say this "despite" meaning "irrespective"?

Well I actually beleive in a creator, but even if there is other (intelligent) life in the universe, it doesn't disprove a creator. However many will say a Christian cannot beleive in such things, and I didn't want to start a mass of disagreements, and that's what I meant.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: News: civilised life found on Mars!!

Originally posted by Medicine*Woman
----------
M*W: It appears we've been doing that all along since we both submit to Allah! I like this name so much better than "God!" Submitting to Allah makes it so much easier and believeable than submitting to a stand-in.

Interesting thought MW. I will pray for you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: News: civilised life found on Mars!!

Originally posted by 567
Interesting thought MW. I will pray for you.
----------
M*W: Thanks, but I'm confused. Do you offer your prayers because my thoughts are interesting or because my thoughts are offensive? Thanks, anyway for the prayers.

I don't see any problems in accepting the fact that there is a life on mars or for that matter in any other planet. Quran or Islam never limit the life to humans. We are pretty open about anything. Like one of the astronomer said, " who are we to limit life in the universe? ".

We didn't create life and we sure cannot limit it. Universe is a pretty big place and the possibilites are un limited. However, I have christian friends who are totally against it and tried so many times to prove that there isn't any life but us humans since the Bible never mentioned it, and also tried to explain me that Christ didn't die for any aliens but for us, thus there cannot be any other life form but us. I didn't argue them about it, since that is what they wanted to believe.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: News: civilised life found on Mars!!

Originally posted by Medicine*Woman
----------
M*W: Thanks, but I'm confused. Do you offer your prayers because my thoughts are interesting or because my thoughts are offensive? Thanks, anyway for the prayers.

Allow me to answer.

They are good prayers MW in an odd sort of way. I too get terribly annoyed when other muslims start using the "I'll pray for you" in every other phrase, but I believe that it's really meant and geniune specially if I get myself to relax and trust again.

It's kindda hard to trust again and stop being so angry in this day and age.. Pure evil could be wearing an islamic attire and pure innocence could be lost in the crowd. It's a weird day and age that have left me utterly confused, and even beautifull words like Assalamu Alaikum, peace be on you, can aggravate me, it's like words have lost their meanings or something....I wish beautifull words like prayers, Salam, ect...can get their meanings back.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: News: civilised life found on Mars!!

Originally posted by Flores
Allow me to answer.

They are good prayers MW in an odd sort of way. I too get terribly annoyed when other muslims start using the "I'll pray for you" in every other phrase, but I believe that it's really meant and geniune specially if I get myself to relax and trust again.

It's kindda hard to trust again and stop being so angry in this day and age.. Pure evil could be wearing an islamic attire and pure innocence could be lost in the crowd. It's a weird day and age that have left me utterly confused, and even beautifull words like Assalamu Alaikum, peace be on you, can aggravate me, it's like words have lost their meanings or something....I wish beautifull words like prayers, Salam, ect...can get their meanings back.
----------
M*W: Thanks. I thought that was what 567 meant. Sometimes its a language barrier thing. Since I've been on sciforums, I've had such kind comments from the Muslims, so I really didn't have doubt right away, I just wanted to be sure I understood the context of what he meant. Christians, on the other hand....

Back