Necessary requirements for not believing in God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but the teapots are just too small to be seen with even our most powerful satellites. They're also equipped with cloaking devices.

Try again.

Ah, but the teapots are just too small to be seen with even our most powerful satellites. They're also equipped with cloaking devices.

Try again.

Cloaking devices? Wtf? Then the existence is unverifiable, so its unknown

Again, this has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the existence of God...

Its not analogous, the concept of God is completley different from your teapots

Yes. Frustrating, isn't it?
No, not really, its pretty simple, since its unverifiable, its unknown whether or not its true...

redarmy1 said:
Floundering like a fish on a beach.
Hardly...I don't know whtf you guys are going with this...

I mean you sound like fools...

Its like someone saying "Well you know I don't believe in the geocentric theory, so the theory of relativity must be false, it doesn't matter if it isn't analogous at all or if the geocentric theory has nothing to do with the theory of relativity"

No, not really, its pretty simple, since its unverifiable, its unknown whether or not its true...
So you're conceding defeat in your attempt to prove that my hi-tech, microscopic tea-pots don't exist? Shame. They make a lovely cuppa.
Its like someone saying "Well you know I don't believe in the geocentric theory, so the theory of relativity must be false, it doesn't matter if it isn't analogous at all or if the geocentric theory has nothing to do with the theory of relativity"
Here's the point again: It's impossible to prove that something, anything - God, Bigfoot, teapots - don't exist.

Therefore, since it's impossible to prove that God (or bigfoot, or teapots) don't exist - the onus is entirely on believers to prove that they do.

So here we are again.

Go.

So you're conceding defeat in your attempt to prove that my hi-tech, microscopic tea-pots don't exist? Shame. They make a lovely cuppa.
Well ok, that's true, but it's only true if it's unverifiable

redarmy11 said:
It's impossible to prove that something, anything - God, Bigfoot, teapots - don't exist.
Sure, you can prove that bigfoot is unlikely to eixst if there is absence of fossil evidence when there should be evidence present, you can also show the existence of flying teapots is unlikely

Again all yuo've managed to do is dodge out of the argument, I never said God exists since you cannot prove God doesn't exist, you escaped the entire argument

Ah. But I've never claimed that God doesn't exist.

I'm not an atheist - remember? ;)

I am a cowardly fence-sitter, VitalOne. Yours to convince.

Go.

Ah. But I've never claimed that God doesn't exist.

I'm not an atheist - remember? ;)

I am a cowardly fence-sitter, VitalOne. Yours to convince.

Go.
This post isn't about convincing people to believe in God, its about the requirements to not believe in God

I don't believe in God. None of those arguments apply to me.

So what now? If they're 'necessary' requirements I think I'm all that's needed to disprove your thesis.

I don't believe in God - but it's not for any of the reasons you claim it is.

So, um... you're wrong.

How about: "awaiting convincing evidence"?
That reason is already listed, something is false until proven true
No it isn't. :)
Saying:

"You can't prove God exists, so God doesn't exist"

Isn't the same as saying:

"You can't prove God exists, so I'm reserving judgement until you or someone else does, or until I die."

Your reasoning - the first statement - doesn't apply to me (or to anyone with a brain, in fact).

And yet: I don't believe.

So: you're wrong.

That first statement isn't, contrary to your OP, "necessary" for not believing. Is it?

So: you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back