Near-death experiences!

PetriFB said:
If I claim that Bible (matt 24) has evidences that it is word of God and you don't wanna read it, how you can make statements against the Bible, because you haven't read it?
oh yes! most definitely read it, studied it infact, but it's not evidence, it's just another book of fiction.
if you think the bible is fact, then you may as well say that any book of fiction is fact, even "alice in wonderland".

Alice 24-3 "Who ARE you talking to?' said the King, going up to Alice, and looking at the Cat's head with great curiosity."

4 "It's a friend of mine--a Cheshire Cat,' said Alice: `allow me to introduce it."

5" I don't like the look of it at all,' said the King: `however, it may kiss my hand if it likes."

6" I'd rather not,' the Cat remarked."

7 "Don't be impertinent,' said the King, `and don't look at me like that!' He got behind Alice as he spoke."

8 "A cat may look at a king,' said Alice. `I've read that in some book, but I don't remember where."

9 "Well, it must be removed,' said the King very decidedly, and he called the Queen, who was passing at the moment, `My dear! I wish you would have this cat removed!"

10 "The Queen had only one way of settling all difficulties, great or small. `Off with his head!' she said, without even looking round."

11 "I'll fetch the executioner myself,' said the King eagerly, and he hurried off."

light,

I wonder how you would exhibit your powers of facillitation if a person simply made statements like "god is a fact - deal with it"
Because the evidence for evolution is absolutely overwhelming, that only an idiot would question it. But the god concept - no one in the history on mankind has yet to show a single scrap of eveidence.

Evolution is fact - deal with it.

SkinWalker said:
I've read it and found it to be just as contrived as the rest of the bible. Surely you aren't suggesting that evidence for the bible's veracity can be found within the bible? Begging the question anyone? Circular reasoning? petito principii?

The Bible's veracity is in the Bible and it can be exprienced in the Holy Spirit...

Light,

again - another model of explanantion that is highly deductive - these "quite certain conclusions" in the realm of consciousness studies are highly speculative, or at the very least encounter severe difficulties at the platform of observation
The implication being made by NDE advocates is it indicates some type of afterlife. That's a fantasic claim whereas it doesn't take much by any reasonable person and according to Occams razor to see that these are just mundane hallucinations. Nothing indicates anything else.

SkinWalker said:
I've read it and found it to be just as contrived as the rest of the bible. Surely you aren't suggesting that evidence for the bible's veracity can be found within the bible? Begging the question anyone? Circular reasoning? petito principii?

PetriFB said:
The Bible's veracity is in the Bible and it can be exprienced in the Holy Spirit...
I'm getting dizzy..

PetriFB,

The Bible's veracity is in the Bible
Not if you want to show it true by any independent means and want anyone else to believe it.

and it can be exprienced in the Holy Spirit...
No. That's just a fantasy concept developed by Christianity to stop people questioning the massive inconsistencies in the bible, among other things.

Actually the holy spirit idea was invented to somehow explain the screw-up in the early Christian years when they forgot that there is only meant to be one god and now JC is also a god. The trinity was a farce then as it is now.

Back