• Elephant

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Live4Him

Registered Senior Member
What animal is described below?

A herbivore with a tail as big as a tree. The bones of the animal seem as strong as metal. It is at home in the water and on land. It is mighty enough not to fear a raging river.

Beef!!

I'd say the dinosaur could satisfy all the requirements, except I don't think we can know about the bones and wouldn't assume that they were exponentially stronger than those of elephants or hippos. (EDIT: Thinking about it, I have decided that they would, in fact, be exponentially stronger, given the whole 2D v 3D thing. But as strong as metal? I don't know.) But I think it's a riddle.

I don't know. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

(Riddles about animals in religious forums are usually traps. -LaoTzu)

Originally posted by Live4Him

A herbivore with a tail as big as a tree. The bones of the animal seem as strong as metal. It is at home in the water and on land. It is mighty enough not to fear a raging river.

Oh It might be the extinct creature....Dinasour....who once thought that god is three....so god puniched him for it.....Just a guess!

Originally posted by Live4Him

Has to be something else. Hippos and elephants dont have "tails as big as trees" and no dinosaurs that size (that i know of) could survive in water and land.

No animal that i know of fits the description.

Well, They Did Have Brains the Size of Walnuts

Originally posted by heflores
Oh It might be the extinct creature....Dinasour....who once thought that god is three....so god puniched him for it.....Just a guess!
Dinosaurs are trinitarian?

Dinosaurs could survive on land and in shallow water.
They could wade a bit, but dinosaurs were pretty much land only animals.

Hard to say on the "bones as strong as metal" bit the only dino bones we have are fossilized.

Okay love4him...No hard feelings.....I'm sorry man...If you want to believe that god is 3, 4, 10. zero, or infiniti that is your right.....Please forgive me... ;) I'm a crooked rib remember....:)

heflores,

Okay love4him...No hard feelings.....I'm sorry man

Sorry about what?

Please forgive me

There's nothing to forgive.

If you've posted something th which I haven't responded, it is because I haven't seen it, not because I'm mad at you. Perhaps you can post it here?

Neutrino_Albatross,

They could wade a bit, but dinosaurs were pretty much land only animals.

Well, not really. There were a number of dinosaurs that inhabited aquatic areas.

Figure 11.3 Brontosaur trampling killed several dozen claims in the bed of a 150-million-year-old lake, Morrison Formation of Colorado. Trackway shown below; reconstruction of trampling event depicted above.
-- Tracking Dinosaurs, A new look at an ancient world, Martin Lockley, pg. 145

Based on evidence from the thir of his famous Texas tracksites, the Mayan Ranch locality, Bird proposed that brontosaurs were aquatic.
-- Tracking Dinosaurs, A new look at an ancient world, Martin Lockley, pg. 176

However, there is still a lot of controversy as to just how much the dinosaurs were comfortable with the water. Yet, because of the first quote, the brontosaur has been proven to be in water areas (i.e. rivers).

However, DON'T assume that the answer is a dinosaur.:)

I'm just curious as to what others make of this description.

So the religious connection here is what?

I'm sure the trick will become apparent very soon, and perhaps even before I move the thread tomorrow to somewhere more appropriate.

Live4Him,

How old are your sources? Im pretty sure that the theory that brontosaurs spent alot of time in water has been disproven. I cant remember the reasons right now, ill have to look it up.

Cris,

even before I move the thread tomorrow to somewhere more appropriate.

I'm surprised that you would openly admit to censoring religious posts because you don't like the content.

But then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Maybe silencing your opponents is the only way.

And yes, this is a 100% religious basis. But, before I reveal it's religious nature, I want to find out what others think of the description.

So the religious connection here is what?

I'll reveal the full details soon. However, I'd like to see what unbiased (as much as possible) opinions will poll. Once I reveal the details, the poll will become very opinionated based upon the details.

Originally posted by Neutrino_Albatross
Live4Him,

How old are your sources? Im pretty sure that the theory that brontosaurs spent alot of time in water has been disproven. I cant remember the reasons right now, ill have to look it up.

The book that I've quoted is from 1991.

There are disputes about their ability to swim. However, the dead claims strongly indicate that Apatosaurus (i.e. Brontosaurus) were willing to travel in rivers. Thus, they are at least comfortable in the water. Which was my only point.

"I'm surprised that you would openly admit to censoring religious posts because you don't like the content"

There's yet anything in here of religious content. Please give us the religious content or I have no dobut it will be moved.

Back