My theory on rocky planet formation

Here are two links to prove that outer space can get pretty hot without really close stars.
http://phys.org/news4521.html (3rd paragraph)
http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2010/arch10/100104proplyds.htm (5th paragraph)

From the 3rd paragraph of your first link:

The Trapezium is a star cluster consisting of more than 1,000 young, hot stars that are only 1 million years old. They condensed out of the original cold, dark cloud of gas that now glows from their ionizing light. They are crowded into a space about 4 light-years in diameter, the same as the distance between the Sun and Proxima Centauri, the next closest star in space.

A thousand hot stars in a 4 light year sphere. What's your definition of 'really close'?

From the second link: (thunderbolts.info? Seems to be an Electric Universe crank site

In other words, in the heart of the nebula, stellar winds cause “shock waves” to raise the temperature in the environment to millions of degrees.

The Orion Nebula cluster is about 20 light years across, and contains about 2000 stars and dense gas clouds.

Again, your definition of 'really close'?

AlexG,
My point is that if there are areas in these nebulas hot enough to vaporize the elements then theoretically there are areas cool enough for those elements to condense or liquify. When they are liquids they collide with other molten liquids and grow larger through repeated collisions with other molten liquids if not solids too. Our own solar system is thought to have been created in one of these nebulous plazma gas clouds and due to the interactions of gravity fields we were thrown clear of the plazma gas clouds. My theory of how planets form, revolve around the idea that colliding liquids have more cohesion with each other than colliding solids that don't have enogh gravity to hold them together. Small solids tend to bounce off each other or shatter upon impact.

AlexG,
My point is that if there are areas in these nebulas hot enough to vaporize the elements then theoretically there are areas cool enough for those elements to condense or liquify. When they are liquids they collide with other molten liquids and grow larger through repeated collisions with other molten liquids if not solids too. Our own solar system is thought to have been created in one of these nebulous plazma gas clouds and due to the interactions of gravity fields we were thrown clear of the plazma gas clouds. My theory of how planets form, revolve around the idea that colliding liquids have more cohesion with each other than colliding solids that don't have enogh gravity to hold them together. Small solids tend to bounce off each other or shatter upon impact.
Good points here.

Even though this thread was moved, it raises some interesting points I've discussed in a thread I ran regarding planet formation.

Certainly we know that cold clouds of H/He, which are in abundance in galaxies, can be heated by injection of supernova ejecta at high temperature, salting the clouds with high-Z elements such as Fe, Ni, and the other common elements we find in our solar-system. We also know that such ejecta get thoroughly mixed, leaving the cloud both slowly rotating (as the super-nova ejecta striking the cloud would be off-center from the center of the cloud), as well as raised to a temperature of thousands of C.

So yes, it would imply that as the hot cloud slowly contracts gravitationally, it would cause condensation of the hot monatomic elements into droplets (creating a 'fog'). If the temperature remains high (in a large cloud where the heat cannot quickly radiate away), these droplets would coalesce and essentially begin falling as a 'rain' towards the gravitational center of the cloud, forming the nucleus of a planet. If the cloud is small enough, it might rapidly cool, causing the 'fog' to turn into hot solids, rather than liquid drops, which would fall towards the gravitational center more like a 'snowflake' rather than a 'raindrop', forming rock that is a composite of small granules of varying composition.

One would expect two classes of spherical bodies formed in this manner -- larger ones that have a liquid core ab initio, and smaller ones that have a solid core of granules ab initio

Back