My recent personal experience wit a unsolved mystery.!!!

Do you actually understand the crucial difference between hand-wavy assertions like that one, and a thorough, ruthlessly objective analysis?
Be honest QQ. Are you 100% COMMITTED to a materialist philosophy that by definition AUTOMATICALLY and UNEQUIVOCALLY rejects anything and everything - whether philosophical and/or evidential, that clashes with that materialist mindset.? A straightforward answer please. We both have a limited time-span and wasting it on doomed from the start lengthy back and forth exchanges is stupid.
Everything has a material basis.

Surface tension of the highly polished (silica?) table top and the surface tension of the salt container base need to be considered IMO.

Its a Formica countertop near 50 years old... very smooth an my blue plastic cup will move near ever time when set on the countertop when its wet.!!!

Below might be a beter pic of the bottom of the salt container:::

Salt-Bottle-laying-on-counter.jpg

Its a Formica countertop near 50 years old... very smooth an my blue plastic cup will move near ever time when set on the countertop when its wet.!!!

Below might be a beter pic of the bottom of the salt container:::
But never moves when everything is dry - right? And for sure the latter was the case when salt container moved - right?

Yes... the salt container is the only item that has moved "on its own" on a dry surface.!!!
A situation a-salting some folks sense of what is sensible. But facts are facts. Creepy is what creepy is. Unknowns make life more interesting, or frustrating for some.B-)

A situation a-salting some folks sense of what is sensible. But facts are facts. Creepy is what creepy is. Unknowns make life more interesting, or frustrating for some.B-)
Seein that bottle move was creepy an i wanted to know the answr... an thats why i carefuly checked for any mosture at all... an even wit little pokes it woud not slide on its own when the surface was dry... an it dont look likely that i will ever have the answr :frown:

Seein that bottle move was creepy an i wanted to know the answr... an thats why i carefuly checked for any mosture at all... an even wit little pokes it woud not slide on its own when the surface was dry... an it dont look likely that i will ever have the answr :frown:
Don't be sad. Be glad. You have joined a select few who have entered the....
:eek:

I like the Twilite Zone... but like any smart person... im not certan that a ghost didnt move the salt... but i dont have a beleif that the movement was supernatural B-)

I like the Twilite Zone... but like any smart person... im not certan that a ghost didnt move the salt... but i dont have a beleif that the movement was supernatural B-)
Right. And yet we have apparently ruled out any possible natural explanation. Kind of leaves one in a bit of a pickle. Not to mention The Twilight Zone.:D

Right. And yet we have apparently ruled out any possible natural explanation. Kind of leaves one in a bit of a pickle. Not to mention The Twilight Zone.:D
No... i thank it more likely that ther is a natural explanation... kinda like... even tho i cant figer out how a magic trick is done i dont asume it must be magic :tongue:

No... i thank it more likely that ther is a natural explanation... kinda like... even tho i cant figer out how a magic trick is done i dont asume it must be magic :tongue:
I look forward to your eventual theoretical breakthrough. Maybe resulting in free energy at last for humanity?:biggrin:

I look forward to your eventual theoretical breakthrough. Maybe resulting in free energy at last for humanity?:biggrin:
Thats esactly what im goin for... an yes... figerin out this salt container issue just might be the clue i need.!!!
An while on my quest a couple days ago i tried anuther experiment:::
I keep the container that holds my neti-pot salt/soda mixture in the cabinet above the counter that the salt container moved on... an befor i unscrew the lid on the neti mixture container i give it a good shake... an then when i take the lid off a little cloud of dust apears... so i shook an opened it a few time to let some of the dust settle on the cabinet... thankin it might act as little ball bearings allowin the salt container to possibly move on its own more easily... but it seemed to have little to no effect :frown: --- no fear... i havent given up :)

Thats esactly what im goin for... an yes... figerin out this salt container issue just might be the clue i need.!!!
An while on my quest a couple days ago i tried anuther experiment:::
I keep the container that holds my neti-pot salt/soda mixture in the cabinet above the counter that the salt container moved on... an befor i unscrew the lid on the neti mixture container i give it a good shake... an then when i take the lid off a little cloud of dust apears... so i shook an opened it a few time to let some of the dust settle on the cabinet... thankin it might act as little ball bearings allowin the salt container to possibly move on its own more easily... but it seemed to have little to no effect :frown: --- no fear... i havent given up :)
That's the spirit. Walking in the footsteps of greats like Thomas Edison. Was it a thousand attempts before he perfected the first electric bulb? Perseverance pays off - well sometimes anyway.:rolleyes:

That's the spirit. Walking in the footsteps of greats like Thomas Edison. Was it a thousand attempts before he perfected the first electric bulb? Perseverance pays off - well sometimes anyway.:rolleyes:
Dam man its like you'r in my head.!!!
Just this mornin i fixed a burnt out light bulb in my kitchen celin fan :p

Back