My Daughter's FaceBook Account

14 year old boy bringing beer to a party, getting a 14 year old girl drunk, and then "having sex" (actually, rape since she is not of right mind) with her - illegal, on MANY accounts for MANY reasons.

I see you didn't really get the point. Let's say the kids have sex already using condom. When there is a party and the kids' judgement gets fogged by alcohol, they even more likely to have sex and even unprotected, because what's the harm? They already have sex, so it is not a big step for them.

So it doesn't need to be a rape. But to further the scenario, if your daughter has a reputation already that she can be have easily, at the same party getting raped can happen much easier...

Oh, Imagination...

Since I was that 14 year old, I assure you that it did me zero harm.

According to kids nowadays oral sex isn't even considered real sex. Love and affection go away but herpes is for forever. :)

By the way you are arguing from the kids' POV and pretty much anyone over 20 would agree that the later they start the better. So you must be young, if not, I hope your daughter starts having sex at 13, after all you want her to be experienced for an everlasting marriage. :)

Anyhow this horse has been beaten to death....

According to kids nowadays oral sex isn't even considered real sex. Love and affection go away but herpes is for forever. :)

By the way you are arguing from the kids' POV and pretty much anyone over 20 would agree that the later they start the better. So you must be young, if not, I hope your daughter starts having sex at 13, after all you want her to be experienced for an everlasting marriage. :)

Anyhow this horse has been beaten to death....

I'll be 40 next month. I have a 16 year old, but I was lucky enough to have two boys. Then my luck ran out so I closed the barn doors and put my baby-making days out to pasture. I am also a true believer in the zero population growth policy. Only enough to replace myself and my partner. We wouldn't have had any, but someone has to offset the other cretins who breed and raise tons of little idiots who need someone smart to be in charge of them :p

You do realize how ridiculous you sound here, don't you? Equating physical abuse, such as choking, to strong parenthood is just plain stupid, but it is a typical ploy of a certain large portion of parents today, who simply don't want the responsibility of children. Instead, they think they are cranking out "friends". Would you watch a child walk towards a red-hot stove, watch them extend their hand and let them touch the stove so they could "make their own mistake" and "learn from it"? That's what you are advocating here.

Again, you are equating physical harm (getting pregnant, touching a hot stove, getting drunk, etc) to learning from your own mistakes... I'm not saying punishment is wrong - quite the opposite, it irritates the hell out of me how many parents are afraid to give their kids a good kick in the pants when they deserve it (time out, really!? WTF kind of punishment is that?). At the same time, if the ONLY way you can get your kids to "respect" you is by making them fear that you will BEAT them if they do any little thing wrong... well, that's not parenting either. That's bullying.

I see you didn't really get the point. Let's say the kids have sex already using condom. When there is a party and the kids' judgement gets fogged by alcohol, they even more likely to have sex and even unprotected, because what's the harm? They already have sex, so it is not a big step for them.

So it doesn't need to be a rape. But to further the scenario, if your daughter has a reputation already that she can be have easily, at the same party getting raped can happen much easier...

Oh, Imagination...

And I see you missed mine - if your kid is at a party where underage drinking is going on, then obviously there have been a multitude of other mistakes in their parenting that have taken place... and if they partake in said underage drinking... well then, lets just say there are OTHER more important issues that need to be addressed...

So I'm using my daughter's netbook this morning and noticed that her FaceBook account is open. I had a look at the messages on her account, those between her and her boyfriend. So I've learned a considerable amount about their sexual relationship and am thinking that I can't trust them to be alone. :eek: Considering that I've read her personal messages, I need a reason that wont tip her off as to how I know what they have been up to.

Ask to meet her boyfriend, then tell him in private "I like you, whatever you do to my daughter I will do to you".

Ask to meet her boyfriend, then tell him in private "I like you, whatever you do to my daughter I will do to you".

:D Best response ever! Except that the kid is 15, and that might be a convictible offense to even suggest.

If you honestly just want her to be safe, then give her a thorough 101 session on self respect, mutual respect, consent and safety. Scarleteen has some excellent pages on this subject:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexuality/ready_or_not_the_scarleteen_sex_readiness_checklist

If you just want her to be a virgin for the sake of being a virgin...yeah, good luck with that. It's not going to happen, and honestly, it's not a concept that has any sort of credibility beyond 'OMG NOOOO SEX IS TEH BAD'.

If you just want her to be a virgin for the sake of being a virgin...yeah, good luck with that. It's not going to happen, and honestly, it's not a concept that has any sort of credibility beyond 'OMG NOOOO SEX IS TEH BAD'.

Sex is a complicated matter that involves a plethora of issues, much of which a fourteen-year-old should not be a part.

You are aware of these things called condoms... and birth control...

You are aware that teenagers get drunk or drugged and common sense goes out the window, aren't you? You are aware that contraceptives (pill) don't protect against STDs ????

Some of the posters here either immature or just plain idiot. Basicly having sex too young has 2 problems:

1. Getting pregnant.
2. Getting an STD.

If those 2 couldn't happen, we wouldn't be arguing about this whole topic. And shit does happen, so when seemingly smartass posters think that there is a way to avoid those 2 problems, just wait.... :)

By the way just out of sheer curiosity, if you think that 14 is OK to have sex, what about 12? How about 10 ? Where do you draw the line??? Because whatever is your argument for 14, I can make the same argument for 13, or 12....

Every normal person who is over 25 would say the same, that with sex (and of course with drugs, cigarette or alcohol) the later they start the better. It is really a nobrainer topic....

Back