Must Good=Weak?

I don't understand the point of asking this question. It wouldn't be hard to guess the replies of most of the people on the forums because you've been conversing with everyone here pretty damn long(and you know the discussion will end with everyone repeating the same statements for x pages). Anyway, I have no problem with non-malicious violence. There are many times that violence can be fun for all parties involved(like football or boxing). I don't agree with killing someone without a good reason or torturing anyone(mostly because torture can make someone believe something that they know is untrue). Just in case you're taking a survey on opinions.

You can not have a noble warrior without a noble war.
The only noble war is a definsive one.

So in 1861 the northerners were not noble for fighting a war to end slavery and keep the country from falling apart? And America should not have intervened in Cuba in 1898 to put an end to Spanish atrocities? Britain's declaration of war againt Nazi Germany in response to the invasion of Poland was not noble? !n 1905, when the Communists crossed the 38th Parallel in an attempt to annex and communize free South Korea, America should not have stood up to them?

That is a ridiculous statement...

Britain's declaration of war againt Nazi Germany in response to the invasion of Poland was not noble?
well considering how much they did for poland before the nazis were in a position to attack britian I would have to say no

So in 1861 the northerners were not noble for fighting a war to end slavery and keep the country from falling apart? And America should not have intervened in Cuba in 1898 to put an end to Spanish atrocities? Britain's declaration of war againt Nazi Germany in response to the invasion of Poland was not noble? !n 1905, when the Communists crossed the 38th Parallel in an attempt to annex and communize free South Korea, America should not have stood up to them?

That is a ridiculous statement...

The US Constitution approved slavery. The Declaration Of Independence expressed the right of people to break away to form their own government then less than a century later the South was not allowed to do that.

There were much too many atrocities occurring in the US for them to be justified trying to end them in another country.

At the time Britain declared war against Nazi Germany, they had invaded & currently occupied & abused the natives of India, Africa, etc.

There was no South Korea in 1905. It was 1 nation for centuries until the US & USSR divided it at the end of WW2.

Back