Moron christians cling to Alabama Ten

They have no place inside a building of law. They are sacred laws to those who follow it, and that's not all of us. The US seems to becoming more and more fundamentalist in her Christian beliefs every year. Well not all of Anerica mostly the baptist south. I assume most Americans know that they live in a secular democracy not some pseudo-theocratic state. If you look at the rest of the developed world once the most progressive nation the US is falling behind the rest in social development. :(

Once again, I am so glad I do not live in the south.

It is too bad that they no longer allow political/religious discussions at the other forum I frequent. There is one southern bozo Christian who would be rabidly defending Judge Roy Moore. He was so easy to anger, pushing his buttons was irresistable.

Maybe I can get him to come here, he'd be buddies with Okinrus.

I've heard Moore speak on the radio, he is one raving nutjob.

Originally posted by nico
The US seems to becoming more and more fundamentalist in her Christian beliefs every year.

Christian or Jewish.

I think the USA needs to split up so the religious fanatics have someplace to go.

Besides the ovens, I mean.

Originally posted by Repo Man
I've heard Moore speak on the radio, he is one raving nutjob.

Yeah a nutjob, not like Lani Guinier that Clinton tried to appoint to the US Supreme Court. She thought that white votes should count for less than minority votes.

Anyway, I appreciate Moore sticking by his guns, but we have to have a rule of law or else all is chaos. As mush as I agree with him in principle, in reality he needs to follow the courts, and if the US Sup. Ct. does not uphold it, then that is that.

We aren't talking about Lani Guinier, or Clinton. I'm curious to know why you think they are relevant to a raving nutjob judge in Alabama?

But since you brought her up, lets take a quick look at Lani Gunier.

She was Bill clinton's appointee for the position of assistant attorney general for civil rights, not a position on any court.

One of the few opinions frequently attributed to Guinier that she actually held was her support for "proportional representation" -- a system in which seats in government are divided by the percentage of the vote each party or slate receives. (If 40 percent of the voters back a party, that party would get roughly 40 percent of the seats -- as opposed to a "winner-take-all" system, in which 51 percent of the voters can get 100 percent of the seats.) But her position was twisted by commentators like the Washington Post's Lally Weymouth (5/25/93) into a vision of "a society in which a minority can impose its will on the majority."

How could Guinier's positions be distorted so thoroughly? Part of the problem was simple laziness: Rather than doing research into Guinier's record, many journalists preferred to simply repeat the charges of ideologically motivated opponents. When the New York Times finally devoted an article to her views, rather than to the political firestorm that raged around them -- on June 4, after the nomination had already been killed -- there still was not a single quote from any of her writings. "Almost everyone is relying on reconstructions by journalists and partisans, injecting further distortions into the process," reporter David Margolick wrote -- "everyone" including himself, he admitted in an interview with Extra!.

More, http://www.fair.org/extra/best-of-extra/guinier-queen.html

Roy Moore is a judge. As such, his job is to enforce the law. His job isn't to try to cram Christianity down the throats of everyone who enters the courthouse.

If people want god talk, they can go to a church. That is what they are for.

America consists of Christians, Buddhists, Moslems, Wiccans, atheists, agnostics, Satan worshippers, Hindus, and many other beliefs.
The only fair position on religion in government is complete neutrality.
After all, there is an equal amount of evidence in support of all of these beliefs

Last edited:
Originally posted by Christian Sodomy
Christian or Jewish.

I think the USA needs to split up so the religious fanatics have someplace to go.

Hey Sodomy, go fuck yourself:cool:

Originally posted by Christian Sodomy
Christian or Jewish.

ovens ? those things are sooo last century. Now a tightly packed wooden church building... that has potential ! :cool:

In the sprit of church-state seperation:

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury to my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. - Mr Thomas Jefferson
---
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church. - Mr Thomas Paine
---
As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion - as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen, - and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arrising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries. - Mr John Adams, Treaty of Tripoli. Article 11
---
I would not dare to so dishonor my Creator God by attaching His name to that book (the Bible). - Mr Thomas Paine
--
Religion and government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together. -Mr James Madison

Yes, it seems that the American Republic was meant to be god-free. Rather, it was hijacked by homicidal bomber christians.

Last edited:
christian sodomy:
your gay ass is all talk and no action.
let's see you DO something about this horrible desease called Kike'ism :rolleyes:

How is the presence of the 10 Commandments an endorsement of religion? It essentially formed the basis of many current laws. Regardless of religious or non-religious persuasion, nine of the ten are pretty much common sense, sound advice, or are the law now. Would it make a difference if it was called 10 Pretty Good Ideas?

I do not believe in governmental endorsement of a religion, that is a person's inherent right to choose. But this is just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

But this is just making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I don't agree.:)
It demonstrates the sort of Nutcase who gets to administer justice in the USA.
Could a gay muslim (there must be one or two that have avoided a stoning;) ) have any real chance of gaining a fair hearing if he/she found themselves up in front of this dude?

Dee Cee

truth
How is the presence of the 10 Commandments an endorsement of religion? It essentially formed the basis of many current laws. Regardless of religious or non-religious persuasion, nine of the ten are pretty much common sense, sound advice, or are the law now. Would it make a difference if it was called 10 Pretty Good Ideas?

I do not believe in governmental endorsement of a religion, that is a person's inherent right to choose. But this is just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Who in this world thinks the Ten Commandments have nothing to do with religion? If the ten commandments then we need a 10-ton rock of Buddhist 4 Noble truths & anothe for the Eightfold path.

The Hindu Vedas should fill another rock.

Or do you not understand this:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

A judge who does not believe in the constitution should be removed along with his damn stone filled with dead words.

Or do you not understand, read it again.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

Congress shall make no law, by virture of the Establishment Clause, neither shall the states. Tell me, what law has Judge Moore established? He can't, it's called separation of powers. Call it civil disobedience, if some can do it, why not others. Or does that only apply to some people, but not others?

So you still do not see what the 10 (plus how many ever were lost by moses) commandments have to do with christianity? And you do knowingly disregard this:
fight for the right of our state to acknowledge God as the moral foundation of our law," Moore said in a statement.

If this is not establishment of religion then what is. If this is not opening the flood gates to greater religious influence over our government then I do not know what is.

A judge has to uphold and enforce the constitution. Tell me, is he upholding it or outright defying what it says and defying an direct order from a federal court.

You speak of double standards, but carefully avoided my question of christian "god" in politics. Why not also hindu gods, muslim god & buddhist god (even though there is none). Or does that only apply to some people, but not others?

Kajolishot, I said this in one of my earlier posts on this thread, that I fundamentally agree with him, he should follow that law/courts or that it is chaos.

The judge is not making a law here, he is defying the ruling of a Federal court judge. The law so far as it has been established is by that Federal Courts ruling, which currently is the controlling law in this specific case. Additionally, he is not arguing the establishment of a religion, only that the 10 Commandments and form the moral foundation of our laws. The 10 are not peculiar to Christianity only.

He is practicing civil disobedience. My chief disagreement is that he is an officer of the court in his position as such, is the chief problem. Not the monument.

Back