Morality- A barrier to science

Norsefire

Salam Shalom Salom
Registered Senior Member
When is humanity going to realize that these "morals" are nothing more than boundaries? Scientific research is hindered by so-called morality.

Science must progress without the chain and ball of morality.

Science without moral is like a car without brake. Or like gas pipe without pressure regulator.

Examples: nuclear bomb, weapon of mass destruction, etc.

Science has no morality, it just IS.
The nuclear bomb etc were political decisions.

Science has no morality, it just IS.
The nuclear bomb etc were political decisions.

I agree, but people apply morals to science and that limits what they are willing to do in the pursuit of knowledge and enhancement, which is obviously a problem.

Um, Norsefire?

Morality is what stops people from, say, experimenting on little kids, or raping people in a laboratory to see exactly what trauma happens in the brain.

Can I inject you with a dangerous chemical to see what it does to you, because my 'science' needs to be free of morality?

No, it doesn't. There's all these laws and regulations and nonsense banning humanity from performing proper experimentation and research.

You're talking about two different things. Science is merely a method, banning experimentation and research is something entirely different.

Btw, I'm testing a new vaccine and need a test subject. Since you have no qualms about experimentation, perhaps you'd like to be the guinea pig? It only causes some monsterism as a side effect.

When is humanity going to realize that these "morals" are nothing more than boundaries? Scientific research is hindered by so-called morality.

Science must progress without the chain and ball of morality.

True. All those silly research ethics about experimenting on animals and people, full disclosure, having to stop your research when people start dying, ban on torture and mutilation.

It sure does get in the way.:(

not nessarly oil, ethics come into science all the time.

Look at med, its science to set up a random chance experiment where by 1/4 of pts get adrenilin, 1/4 get defib and 1/4 get CPR and the rest get nothing (or combinations or whatever) in cardiac arrest to see what happens but we already KNOW that the 1/4 who get nothing will stay dead and there for its UNETHICAL to run that experiment. Has little to do with politics

Back