Monstrous Spiders

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/monstrous
mon·strous ** (mnstrs) KEY*

ADJECTIVE:
Shockingly hideous or frightful.
Exceptionally large; enormous: a monstrous tidal wave.
Deviating greatly from the norm in appearance or structure; abnormal.
Of or resembling a fabulous monster.
ETYMOLOGY:
Middle English, from Old French monstruos, from Latin mnstrusus, from mnstrum, portent, monster ; see monster

OTHER FORMS:
monstrous·ly(Adverb), monstrous·ness(Noun)

I have not seen that "piece". I am NOT Dutch. I just misspelled the word large. And its been a long time since I have seen aliens the movie.
Ah ok, in Dutch "lager" in this context means smaller (literally: 'less high' or 'shorter') ;)

Right. So what I need to do is grow some spiders in tanks with 40% oxygen and see how big they get. Then before I unleash my army on the world, design an oxygen backpack for them, and of course engineer their brains to be more like a humans hahahahahahahahahaahahahahaaaaaa!

your welcome :D

Mr Enmos said:
Ah ok, in Dutch "lager" in this context means smaller (literally: 'less high' or 'shorter') ;)
Here I thought that was just a type of beer. :shrug:
Yes thank you. :)

Right. So what I need to do is grow some spiders in tanks with 40% oxygen and see how big they get. Then before I unleash my army on the world, design an oxygen backpack for them, and of course engineer their brains to be more like a humans hahahahahahahahahaahahahahaaaaaa!
Yes, or we can engineer there lungs to be more like ours. And give them a rattle snake like toxin an bite. With a very high aggression level. Coupled with human like intelligence.

Yes, or we can engineer there lungs to be more like ours. And give them a rattle snake like toxin an bite. With a very high aggression level. Coupled with human like intelligence.

Why bother trying to engineer the very complex process by which an entire different creature creates toxin when plenty of spiders, such as the Daddy Longlegs, already have a vicious toxin capability to transfer over?

Why bother trying to engineer the very complex process by which an entire different creature creates toxin when plenty of spiders, such as the Daddy Longlegs, already have a vicious toxin capability to transfer over?

I was thinking a snake can strike at least twice an kill both times. And I don't know how many spiders have killed humans. And I am not sure how spider venom is. But a snakes venom an bite can be very "nasty".

I was thinking a snake can strike at least twice an kill both times. And I don't know how many spiders have killed humans. And I am not sure how spider venom is. But a snakes venom an bite can be very "nasty".

I knew a man who had been bitten 31 times by a single black widow. It was in the collar of a shirt he had put on. Probably assumed that the feeling was the tag scratching his neck, but with a tie on and all that...
Yeah he was dead before his body hit the floor.

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/news-five-deadliest-spiders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_bite#Necrotic_venom

About the same as Rattlesnake when it comes to effect...

Daddy Long Legs are not actually spiders though. They are in the order Opiliones (harvestmen), not in the order Aranea (spiders).

Daddy Long Legs are not actually spiders though. They are in the order Opiliones (harvestmen), not in the order Aranea (spiders).

Ah Ha! Gotcha!

There are two commonly named "Daddy Long Legs." You just named one...
The other is Holocnemus pluchei, a common house spider.

Bazinga.

Harvestmen, Cellar Spiders and there are also flying Daddy Long Legs (species of fly). Myth covers any and all as those who perpetuate the myth know nothing about DDLs compared to us guys now :)

Here in florida I know the daddy long legs spider. Can't really bite me. But the golden orb spider can. As well as the brown recluse, and black widow. There is one more but I can't think of its name. I think if I could engineer a monstrous spider with spider like killing venom. I would have chose the brown recluse first. And not a daddy long legs at all.

Back