monotheism

I do not agree with u.May Allah send blesings upon Moses who caled in worshipping ALLAH.I believe in his revelation and prophet ent by God to paraoh and jews to call for the unity of ALLAH.He was given Miracles by allah uch as saving jews from paraoh by slpiiting his stick by ALLAH leave and defeat magician since in that time was known as era of magic

? WHAT?

ALLAH SAYS IN QURAN ON MOSES
And We revealed to Musa's mother saying: Give him suck. When you fear for him, cast him into the river and do not fear nor grieve, surely We will restore him to you and make him one of the apostles." (28: 7)

The same direction is expressed in other Verses:

"Call to mind the occasion when We revealed to your mother: Put him into the chest and cast it down into the river, then the river shall throw him on the shore; then shall take him up to one who is an enemy to Me and enemy to him and I cast down upon you love From Me and that you may be brought up before My eyes." (20:38-39)

And Fir'aun's wife said: Joy of the eye to me and to you, do not slay him, may be he will be useful to us or we may take him for a son. But they knew not what they did.'' (28: 10)

So We restored him to his mother that her eyes might be refreshed and that she might not grieve and that she might know that the promise of Allah is true but most of them do not know." (28: 13)

He found therein two men fighting, one being of his party and the other of his foes and he who was of his party cried out to him for help against him who was of his enemies. Musa struck him with his fist and despatched him. He said: This is of the devil's doing; surely he is an open enemy leading astray. He said: My Lord: Surely l have done harm to myself, so, You should protect me." (18: 18)
Surely. I am your Lord: so put off your shoes because you are in the sacred Valley which is blessed twice I have chosen you; so hearken to what shall be revealed: Verily, I am Allah, there is no god but I, therefore serve-Me-and keep up prayers for My remembrance." (10: 22)

And We made the children of Israel to pass through the sea, then Fir'aun and his hosts followed them in hostility and for oppression until when drowning overtook him, he said: I believe that there is no god but He in Whom the children of Israel believe and I am of those who submit. What now! said God, and indeed you have been rebellious and was of the mischief makers. But this day We save you in your body so that you may be a sign to those after you and most surely most people are heedless of Our Signs". (20:90-92)
peace be upon him). He gave him the tablets which contained ten Commandments. One day he (Musa) said:

"My Lord! Show me Thyself so that I may look upon Thee. He said': you cannot bear to see Me but look at the mountain, if it remains firm in its place, then you will see Me. When his Lord manifested His glory to the mountain He made it crumble and Musa fell down in swoon. When he recovered, he said: Glory be to You: I turn to You and! am the first of believers". C7:142)

ewe you have mastered the copy paste button...good on you.

DEAR Avatar i owe to u my respect and others of course.ALLAh means GOD in ENglish.Moses is an apostle who was in charge of conveying ALLAH WORDS to the children of the prophet ISRAEL OR JACOB and to paraoh and his people.ALLah is one and has no one like unto him or partner.Since Adam till the seal of them Mohamed all the prophets and messangers call for the unity of ALLAH or GOD.Moses came before jesus and Mohamed after jesus. but before moses there were many such as DAVID , jacob , isaaq , josef and so on .Muslim believe in all of them without distinction.For this reason if jews or christains insult our prophet out of ignorance of his status that was honored with , muslims can not insult jesus or Moses or any other one..

And gave a model for fascism and other authoritarian total dominance societal structures. Daddy is in charge in heaven as on earth. The monotheisms also paved the way for denial of the earths importance, the descralization of nature. We can dominate nature and treat it is as if it has no interests of its own. And if we look around today: we can replace 'faulty' nature with a better one. That we do this to ourselves also is not compensation.

I have to disagree here, there were already autocratic rulers BEFORE monotheisum (like pharo) and autocratic rulers in pollitheasitc religions right up to the formation of the catholic church (ie rome was already a dictatorship)

Actually if anything i would say that the autocratic rulership of rome was the reason why the catholic church became so dictitorial rather than the other way around.

If you want to find the beginings of autocratic rule i think you need to look back through MILLATRY rather than RELIGIOUS history. Religion is to blame for ALOT of things including possably the ADVANCEMENT of what your sugestion but i disagree that it was the cause of the BEGININGS of it

Back