Marry Me!

Mr. Hamtastic

whackawhackado!
Registered Senior Member
Why are there restrictions on marriage? In the US there is a big debate about homosexual marriage. Why? Why isn't polygamy allowed? If a man wants to marry a goat, why can't he? If a woman wants to marry the Denver Broncos, why can't she?

Why are there restrictions on marriage? In the US there is a big debate about homosexual marriage. Why? Why isn't polygamy allowed? If a man wants to marry a goat, why can't he? If a woman wants to marry the Denver Broncos, why can't she?

Because marriage is a religious ritual.

ct-right, that's why I'm questioning the government's decision, and trying to find out if there is an actual basis for it.

Enmos-marriage, on a legal level, is a union of entities, which recognizes both religious and secular ceremonies. If a man loves his Dog... ALOT, I think he should be free to marry it, whether it be male or female.

ct-right, that's why I'm questioning the government's decision, and trying to find out if there is an actual basis for it.

Enmos-marriage, on a legal level, is a union of entities, which recognizes both religious and secular ceremonies. If a man loves his Dog... ALOT, I think he should be free to marry it, whether it be male or female.

Secular marriages are relatively new and are really just a feel good ceremony of habits, because your country is still a religious one.

Actually, no matter what the religious folks on here will say, marriage can simply be a legal union not taking place anywhere near a house of worship. You can go down to city hall and get it done.

More and more states are legalizing gay marriage because the people of the state want it done. The governments there have realized that it would be oppression to not allow gay folks to get married, regardless of what the Christian cults say. And just like every other time the Christian psychos have tried to get their way, they'll lose out to the authority of society.

Actually, no matter what the religious folks on here will say, marriage can simply be a legal union not taking place anywhere near a house of worship. You can go down to city hall and get it done.

More and more states are legalizing gay marriage because the people of the state want it done. The governments there have realized that it would be oppression to not allow gay folks to get married, regardless of what the Christian cults say. And just like every other time the Christian psychos have tried to get their way, they'll lose out to the authority of society.

Aren't secular marriages just a surrogate ?

Marriage is marriage. Homosexual, Heterosexual, Beastial, Polygamous. I know it is regulated, and it's regulated with wonderful speeches towards christians, but as a christian, what's the big deal? Let's toss religion out the window for a moment, and just look at it objectively. If it is a problem, why are people allowed to will things to pets or lovers who are not legally related. If I want my cat to be my next of kin, then I should be allowed to.

No, it's a surrogate for a religious ritual.

Yeah, there is no biological reason for people to be monogamous or have issues of fidelity and commitment. Its a method of social engineering.

So, if it were no longer a religious ritual, it would be okay?

Sure, all civil, legal and social ideas of marriage are for creating the illusion of family and society. You can see how illusory they are from their tendency to get fragmented as views on marriage become more elastic.

Yeah, there is no biological reason for people to be monogamous or have issues of fidelity and commitment. Its a method of social engineering.

You don't need marriage to be monogamous nor does it help.

Right, wiccan binding rituals are frequently performed without a license. If the couple goes to the courthouse, a JOP will make it all legal for them.

You don't need marriage to be monogamous nor does it help.

It creates the notion of monogamy [or in polygamous marriages, of a contract of exclusive intercourse between the contract bound people]. Outside marriage, there is no valid social pressure to be exclusive.

Back