Man sues girlfriend over blogging their sexlife

I don't think it was naive at all. I can understand the parents complaining to the cops, but what....? the cops then go over and arrest him for ....suspicion of acting like a dirty phedophile???? What does a "dirty phedophile" look like? And is that against the law?

See? I understand the complaint side of it all, but I don't understand the arrest/legal side of it. "Geez, Mommy, that man took a picture of me!" Oooh, call the cops and have the man arrested ......for what??

I think you misread me altogether.

Baron Max
There was a case recently in Australia where a man was found to be taking photos of very young children and toddlers at beaches and water parks. Parents complained and a few called the police when they caught him taking photo's of their toddler as they undressed her after she'd come out of the water.

The police found hundreds upon hundreds of photos of small children in his home and also on his computer, where he had posted it on the internet. As a result of this and other similar occurences, camera's are now banned in many areas where small children play, swim, or play sports. Even the camera's of the parents or relatives.

We have all become paranoid and with some reason I guess. Sometimes it goes over the top, but the problem is that we do not know what a paedophile looks like, hence we have to protect and prevent against all. If I see a stranger taking numerous photo's of my baby without my permission or consent, I wouldn't just call the police, I'd break his or her knee caps if they did not have a valid reason to be taking such photos. And it's scary for me because I am not a violent person by nature. But the paranoia has seeped in of sorts, because we don't know who or what the danger looks like.

And yes, police can and do go to people's houses upon such complaints and many times, they do find evidence that the photo taking was not just a one off incident.

If you take a photo of someone naked, in a private setting, and publish it, that is an actionable offense...

Perhaps.
It CAN be, depending on mitigating circumstances.

However, the law for making photographs public and making words public are quite a different thing and with good reason.

If you write a letter to the editor saying that you saw this person naked, or tell it to Dave on the Letterman show, that is NOT an actionable offense, unless you are lying or racketeering.

There was a case recently in Australia where a man was found to be taking photos of very young children and toddlers at beaches and water parks. Parents complained and a few called the police when they caught him taking photo's of their toddler as they undressed her after she'd come out of the water.

The police found hundreds upon hundreds of photos of small children in his home and also on his computer, where he had posted it on the internet. As a result of this and other similar occurences, camera's are now banned in many areas where small children play, swim, or play sports. Even the camera's of the parents or relatives.

Other than the part I bolded and italiced, what was the crime? You say that we've all become paranoid, and I agree, but are you saying that the LAW is also now paranoid? And you agree with that?

And yes, police can and do go to people's houses upon such complaints and many times, they do find evidence that the photo taking was not just a one off incident.

Without a legal warrant? And if they do have a warrant, on what grounds, what evidence, did they get such a warrant?

You notice that I didn't respond to your personal feelings part ...or about maiming someone for life just for taking a picture of your baby?

Baron Max

Back