Lucid Dreaming

Isn't it just fun to walk through solid structures in dreams? It's something I've done alot in the past 10 years or so just because it feels so awesome.

Normally this happens in a nightmare when I just think "Screw this shit", and just walk away through the wall or something.

What pisses me off is that when I have control over dreams, I can change anything. Except when I am in a nightmare, where I have much less control.

Good job I can wake myself up easily enough. I just have to realise I am in a dream first.

Also when I fly in dreams it tends to be more like swimming breast stoke, or repeated jumping.

The sleep cycle takes as long as two hours and as little as one hour. This starts at level one where the mind and body become peaceful but conscious is still active

level two is when the conscious stops

level three is when the deep sleep starts, or the time between conscious and subconscious.

level four is something called REM (Rapid eye movement). At this point the body has a sense of all surrounding things, as explained I knew I was falling without knowing. The eyes move around looking in their sleep seeing things in the mind. Dreams may last for hours it seems but this is only a 10 to 15 minute interval. Your brain at this point is hyper active producing thoughts at nearly 1000% compared to the conscious, because it is the subconscious

I'm fairly sure I always hit REM sleep first. That's how I fall asleep, I start to "hallucinate" (dream like activity), then go deeper into it until I'm fully dreaming.

Cannon. My idea of a lucid dream is a knowledge that you were dreaming.

I can't understand why falling or drowning is a problem since you can do anything in dreams. Flying is the easiest, and the easiest way to get out of both of those problems. The only problem for me with lucid dreams is that they don't even last for a minute, since I am using my concious mind, which wakes me up.

Ah, that reminds me, I used to be able to keep myself from waking up, and If I did I could go right back to sleep into it.

I'm fairly sure I always hit REM sleep first. That's how I fall asleep, I start to "hallucinate" (dream like activity), then go deeper into it until I'm fully dreaming.

That hallucinatory period while falling asleep is called hynagogic hallucination. There is another hallucinatory period while waking up called hynopompic hallucination and it often goes hand in hand with sleep paralysis.

Both are quite cool.

Normally this happens in a nightmare when I just think "Screw this shit", and just walk away through the wall or something.

What pisses me off is that when I have control over dreams, I can change anything. Except when I am in a nightmare, where I have much less control.

Good job I can wake myself up easily enough. I just have to realise I am in a dream first.

Also when I fly in dreams it tends to be more like swimming breast stoke, or repeated jumping.

Yep, bouncy-swimmy-jumpy flight dreams happen. So does flight with a poor turning radius, flight against a powerful wind in some direction (i.e. being blown), and of course perfect spectacular full control flight.

Had a flying dream last night actually.
I managed to fly by just deciding where I wanted to go and just floating there.
This took a hell of a lot of determination mind you.

Back