LSD stops migraines ??

also to condemn it just because its illegal, is irresponsible to truth.
moderation is rule here.
if she (my daughter has migraines) took 1/4 hit and it got rid of her headache with little side effects, it would be miraculous to her

So is restricting further research on it for that reason - if molecular biologists are able to investigate the pathways that LSD interacts with the nervous system, then it might be able to pave the way for drugs that are LSD analogs that entirely lack halucinigenic properties but still manage (if the reports from that article are accurate or anything to go by) to prevent migraines and cluster headaches for weeks at a time.

You're afraid of the things that increase heart rate etc, and there I'd agree with you - I fear them too, these days, being in much the same position.

LSD isn't your problem.
If you're a physics guy, do a little study into chemistry, it shouldn't be terribly difficult for you.

And it'll be well worth it. Provided you have those there who will set the scene for you. If you know who they are, great. If not... the only issue you have is finding your guide.

That was for Brucep.
Hmmm. I'm not so completely drunk I don't know the difference between reply to post and reply in general...

I am, however, so completely drunk I can't be bothered finding out what the hell is going on tonight. therefore, I shall cease and desist.

You're afraid of the things that increase heart rate etc, and there I'd agree with you - I fear them too, these days, being in much the same position.

LSD isn't your problem.
If you're a physics guy, do a little study into chemistry, it shouldn't be terribly difficult for you.

And it'll be well worth it. Provided you have those there who will set the scene for you. If you know who they are, great. If not... the only issue you have is finding your guide.

I did mucho acid. Four or five times a week for a couple years. So I know what it is. Except when I was under the influence. LOL.

That was for Brucep.
Hmmm. I'm not so completely drunk I don't know the difference between reply to post and reply in general...

I am, however, so completely drunk I can't be bothered finding out what the hell is going on tonight. therefore, I shall cease and desist.

Actually taking lots of acid was one of the highlights of my entire life. It wasn't the smartest thing I could have been doing but ....... to late to cry over the spilt intellectual inquiry.

BTW-the interesting thing is the information that Trippy brought to our attention. I could see how it could effect migraines based on personal experience with the powerful body effects associated with acid. You get to feel a bit like the Man of Steel. Finally it's wonderful that the research eventually made a comeback.

Last edited:
I was told if I did LSD that eventually I would have flashbacks from it... I am still waiting for the flashbacks...

I was told if I did LSD that eventually I would have flashbacks from it... I am still waiting for the flashbacks...

The science associated with the war on drugs was [and still is] conducted by ideologue nitwits. Can't trust them on anything.

Anyway the interesting thing that Trippy said is that a non-hallucinogenic dose exists. Have a nice evening quinnsong.
Just as a point of interest, I've never hallucinated in my life on LSD. I have, however, been able to spellbind audiences with my stories using only a fish tank as a point of reference, or spin tales of the gods of fire whilst staring at a warming fireplace.

The 60's, I think, are done. I've only ever heard stories of people climbing invisible walls.

I doubt doing LSD, is gonna help rid yourself of a migraine... But, if you're tripping, you might forget about it for a while.

Some actual science shit might be worth a shot since this is ostensibly a science forum:
LSD has been used as a treatment for cluster headaches, an uncommon but extremely painful disorder. Researcher Peter Goadsby describes the headaches as "worse than natural childbirth or even amputation without anesthetic."[38] Although the phenomenon has not been formally investigated, case reports indicate that LSD and psilocybin can reduce cluster pain and also interrupt the cluster-headache cycle, preventing future headaches from occurring. Currently existing treatments include various ergolines (note: from which LSD was first synthesized), among other chemicals, so LSD's efficacy may not be surprising.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lsd (bolding and parenthetical note mine.)

Ergotamine specifically being a fairly common treatment for migraines. Personally, I've had better luck with LSD rather than ergotamine--although the triptans are far superior to either.

Back