Long Term Science Project

Ok what if I said: “the Use of Florescence Decay lifetimes to resolve convoluted analytes on Planer chromatography”

Originally posted by WellCookedFetus
Ok what if I said: “the Use of Florescence Decay lifetimes to resolve convoluted analytes on Planer chromatography”

what's your most important finding? You can base the title on that

"We have developed and tested a self-modeling chemometric algorithm for
spectroscopic resolution of multiple, highly overlapped analytes that are
otherwise insufficiently separated using planar chromatographic methods.
This algorithm operates on a series of data arrays that represent
fluorescence decay profiles that have been recorded on a 2D grid-work
overlaying the planar chromatographic surface. Our algorithm is based on
globally fitting these decay profiles to spectroscopic and chromatographic
parameters including fluorescence lifetimes, 2D peak positions, widths,
and relative amplitudes. These parameters in turn can provide information
about the number and identity of highly overlapped analytes present in a
segment of the 2D chromatogram of an unresolved chemical mixture. Our
approach is demonstrated on a series of synthetic data sets that portrait
a set of binary fluorophores with respective lifetimes of 10 and 25
nanoseconds and whose peak positions progressively overlap in space."

Highly overlapping analytes are usually insufficiently separated using standard planar chromatographic methods. Here we developed and tested a self-modeling chemometric algorithm for spectroscopic resolution of these overlapping analytes. This algorithm operates on a series of data arrays that represent fluorescence decay profiles that have been recorded on a 2D grid-work overlaying the planar chromatographic surface. It globally fits these decay profiles to spectroscopic and chromatographic
Parameters, including fluorescence lifetimes, 2D peak positions, widths, and relative amplitudes. A benefit of this method is that these parameters in turn can provide information about the number and identity of highly overlapped analytes present in a segment of the 2D chromatogram of an unresolved chemical mixture. A series of synthetic data sets is presented that portrait a set of binary fluorophores with respective lifetimes of 10 and 25nanoseconds and whose peak positions progressively overlap in space.

I would start differently, but i still don't know what you mean

Not many of the people in here are chemists. Sounds interesting though.

This is for an analytical chem course, right? I am looking into taking something similar next year, but I'm not sure I can do it. Apparently the one here is pretty intense.

It sounds really similar to an Analytical Chemistry course offered here (based on one of the labs I read).

Still sounds interesting though.

Back