Logic and Ethics: Abstraction, Effect, and Purpose

Bubble life is quite bliss. For starters though, lecturing is frowned upon, so you'd probably be really frustrated, there. ;)
Probably, luckily categorizing one as lecturing seems to be OK there so it seems a good fit for you.

Still, not everyone can say they live in a bubble, so you've got that.

Probably, luckily categorizing one as lecturing seems to be OK there so it seems a good fit for you.
lol Note to self, some people don't like to be accused of lecturing.

Still, not everyone can say they live in a bubble, so you've got that.
There's always someone trying to pop my bubble, though! :(

lol Note to self, some people don't like to be accused of lecturing.

There's always someone trying to pop my bubble, though! :(
Note to self, some people don't like to be accused. :)
Popping your bubble, nature of the beast. :)

Real World

It is at once simple and complicated:

• Person A argues that because of shared responsibility with Person B in causing a given Circumstance, only Person B has any obligation toward said outcome, which in turn bears particular requisite demands, i.e., is problematic.​

Alright, you ready?

• He motions her aside and says, quietly, with tones of exasperation: "Hey, can we talk for a minute? Look, we both made this child. You need to leave support alone and take me off of the file."

When I ran across it not really so long ago, it was already twenty years old; perhaps not so strangely, I remember the time. There is even a Sciforums version of the issue that is, in itself, at once simple and complicated. Still, the amazing consistency by which the underlying issue fails to change is its own question; this particular iteration is especially bizarre.

Remember, though, we're looking at this as a presupposition. Whatever one wishes to do in order to dress up a justification or sympathy, that is its own thing; we are attending the argument as a presupposition, given a priori; that was its underlying function over twenty years ago.

Additionally, do not overcommit; there remains a plot twist, which I've already mentioned, and it really is easy to fall into the ditch from there.

†​

A secondary consideration, per #17↑: Does an invalid presupposition asserted by a stakeholder utterly invalidate a given larger proposition?

Back