life VS Machines

Fundamentally the difference between the two is this ; Life needs no Human interference in order to move , replicate and become . Life is not programmed by Humans , machines are .
Many machines are now programmed by other machines. FYI.

Are those machines that program other machines serviced by technicians?
It goes without saying that all machines can ultimately follow their creation back to humans. I don't think anyone disputes that.

So the fact that machines-that-program-other-machines do require servicing does not negate the fact that some machines are programmed by other machines.

It goes without saying that all machines can ultimately follow their creation back to humans. I don't think anyone disputes that.

So the fact that machines-that-program-other-machines do require servicing does not negate the fact that some machines are programmed by other machines.
Much like one rock can be rolled down a hill to hit another rock and make it roll down a hill. It seems this idea you are talking about has been present in human society for quite some time.

Much like one rock can be rolled down a hill to hit another rock and make it roll down a hill. It seems this idea you are talking about has been present in human society for quite some time.
Indeed.

Which is why, in post 2, I called it a truism. It's trivially, self-evidently true.

Much like one rock can be rolled down a hill to hit another rock and make it roll down a hill.
That analogy doesn't work. The first rock that moved didn't need a rock to move it or a human hand to move it. It moved because of ordinary natural processes.

That level of precision isn't required in biological systems.
OK, this is getting way too much attention.

'How long is a piece of string?' is an adage - like 'How many pancakes does it take to cover a doghouse?'
It has no answer.

It is designed to draw attention to a poorly-defined question. (Or, perhaps, an impossible task.
I'll leave it up to Musika to clarify.)

Every length equals two, regardless of what n is.
Your equation does in fact say that whatever number you choose as n the result will be 2, but it says nothing about cutting a string in half or multiplying by 2. Your equation has no relationship to your statement.

The trivially obvious equation for your statement is something like this.

String length = 1/2 String length * 2

Hmmm...In the end , from my perspective ;

Humanity , the living , the biological form of Humanity , stays on Earth , others that want to become a hybrid of biology and tech . Fine , go out there in deep space .

Meanwhile back on Earth , we Humans that are biologically based are improving to .

Working together , both forms of intelligence

Humanity , the living , the biological form of Humanity , stays on Earth , others that want to become a hybrid of biology and tech . Fine , go out there in deep space .

Meanwhile back on Earth , we Humans that are biologically based are improving to .
Well, that would be great if the two groups agreed to separate and stay separate. But I suspect that's not the way it will work.

Alteration is a continuum - some more some less - few at either extreme. (We already alter ourselves, with contact lenses, artificial knees and pacemakers).

Lots of altered people are going to choose to live on Earth. They will not tolerate being segregated, based on some arbitrary judgment of a bunch of late-adopters.

Well, that would be great if the two groups agreed to separate and stay separate. But I suspect that's not the way it will work.

Alteration is a continuum - some more some less - few at either extreme. (We already alter ourselves, with contact lenses, artificial knees and pacemakers).

Lots of altered people are going to choose to live on Earth. They will not tolerate being segregated, based on some arbitrary judgment of a bunch of late-adopters.

I think that , life , Humans , biological intelligence and robots , machines , will seek understanding of both .

There is no reason to not think so

Back