Lets lighten up shall we....

1. Liberal Quakers (100%)
2. Secular Humanism (99%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (98%)
4. Reform Judaism (85%)
5. New Age (84%)
6. Neo-Pagan (81%)
7. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (80%)
8. Mahayana Buddhism (77%)
9. Sikhism (69%)
10. Bahá'í Faith (68%)
11. Theravada Buddhism (62%)
12. Jainism (61%)
13. Roman Catholic (58%)
14. New Thought (57%)
15. Taoism (57%)
16. Orthodox Judaism (56%)
17. Orthodox Quaker (55%)
18. Hinduism (53%)
19. Nontheist (52%)
20. Islam (52%)
21. Scientology (37%)
22. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (33%)
23. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (32%)
24. Seventh Day Adventist (29%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (28%)
26. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (28%)
27. Jehovah's Witness (19%)

LMAO!!

:eek:

Originally posted by Bells
LMAO!!! Ok.. I just think it's hilarious that both Vienna and Proud Syrian got the same one for number one... So does that mean you really DO believe the same thing? LOL...:D...

wipes tears of laughter from eyes

Lol, not quite......look again and read the No.1 lines again ;)

Proud Syrian = Orthodox Judaism

Vienna = Unorthodox Jew

Originally posted by Cris
Proud,

The quiz reflects your true personal beliefs as opposed to those you have been told to believe.

It would seem you have far more in common with Orthodox Jews than you probably want to admit or realize.

it was not only me who is complaining about the test, others were complaining too, this test is a joke.

:)

Originally posted by Vienna
Lol, not quite......look again and read the No.1 lines again ;)

Proud Syrian = Orthodox Judaism

Vienna = Unorthodox Jew

Heh... in my old age I forgot to put on the glasses:p

Originally posted by Proud_Syrian
it was not only me who is complaining about the test, others were complaining too, this test is a joke.

:)

Oh, I don't know if it's so far off-base. What is the real difference between Islam and Judaism anyway? The name by which you know your god? That wasn't part of the test, so what else would they have to go by? The name of God aside, is there anything you can put your finger on and say this is what distinguishes Islam from Orthodox Judaism? If so, what would it be?

Originally posted by Nehushta
Oh, I don't know if it's so far off-base. What is the real difference between Islam and Judaism anyway? The name by which you know your god? That wasn't part of the test, so what else would they have to go by? The name of God aside, is there anything you can put your finger on and say this is what distinguishes Islam from Orthodox Judaism? If so, what would it be?

I dont know that much about orthodox judaism but at least we, as muslims, believe in JESUS and we believe in his miraclous birth, while the jews are still waiting for their messiah to come.

http://www.jews-for-allah.com

Originally posted by Proud_Syrian
I dont know that much about orthodox judaism but at least we, as muslims, believe in JESUS and we believe in his miraclous birth, while the jews are still waiting for their messiah to come.
http://www.jews-for-allah.com
----------
M*W: It's not so surprising that opposites would have similarities as there are a lot of similarities among religions. The confusing part to me was the three options of degree that weighed heavily on the chosen answers.

So what do we see here; people with beliefs that seem to often significantly overlap with other religions and where their chosen religion perhaps isn’t the best description of their inner convictions.

But this should not be a surprise. The religious paradigm has a number of basic common properties –

1. Belief in a supernatural realm of some type.

2. An expectation of a life after death (the essential reward).

3. The belief in a set of rules that must be followed that have either been established by some superior being or is just the nature of the universe, or variations on that theme. The purpose of the rules is so that (2) can be achieved or at least result in something better than the present.

It is the rules of course that create the differentiation between the various religions and the basis of most of these rules is some form of morality. But morality for most people is really just intuitive and entirely self centered and hence quite powerful. We know murder is wrong because we don’t want it to happen to us; the same for stealing, and adultery, etc. And we find that all religions, or at least all the primary religions, share these basic tenets. And not surprisingly so do most non-religionists, hence the reason why the quiz can show some religionists having a strong showing in the secular humanist camp.

The war of course between the various religions is not so much over morality, which few disagree, but about who has the better set of other bizarre rules. Whether it is pointing yourself in a particular direction and talking to an imaginary god 5 times each day, or nodding violently and wailing at a brick wall, or counting rosary beads, or who has the best prophets, or a thousand other bizarre rituals that surround religion, in the end all these silly activities are no more than the result of how people fantasize how it might be possible to influence their future destiny.

What the quiz tends to emphasize is less about the silly rules but more about the primary moralistic issues, which not surprisingly we all tend to share because it was people who invented religion and some things like self-interest are overwhelmingly universal.

Back