Let's cut through the chase: Jesus didn't exist.

M*W:

Again, Woody, the term "virgin" means "young woman," and not woman with an "intact hymen." A young woman in those days could be a virgin with lack of sexual experience, or a young woman who has been sexually active.

The text makes it clear what the men of Sodom were really after, and it was definitely not Lot's daughters or any other woman -- they clearly wanted the men:

NLT version says:

They shouted to Lot, "Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out so we can have sex with them."

NASB version says:

they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them."

NKJV version says:

And they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally."

Hebrews Name version:

They called to Lot, and said to him, "Where are the men who came in to you this night? Bring them out to us, that we may have sex with them."

The story is so notorious it even earns a place in the dictionary. By definition, Sodomy is what the men of Sodom were known best for.

Why should it matter to you anyway? You don't believe a bible.

Hitler wasn't bad, he only killed a few million jews. jesus' daddy killed all of them.

And so as God createth, and so shall He taketh away, that is, if it is for the good of all. Even He has His own rules. A simple fact. If you don't believe in Him, then you don't believe He can take our life away. If you do, then you don't believe He Has done that, so you're up a creek, snakelord. If you believe and therefore think He put you on this earth to do His will, then you will also believe if it is His will to take you away to protect you from others or others from you, then you would have no problem with that. "That bad". So killing millions isn't that bad? So if you want to term Jesus' "daddy", then why should Jesus be slandered for it. Your mama gave birth to you, should I slander her if you slander me?

LeeDaIf: one computer has a rating of 500mhz and another has a rating of 1000mhz they always both arrive at the same answer the 500mhz computer just takes longer.

Whatever you meant by that, I've also thought of that concept and if that is how IQ works. If some people do have slower brains, maybe they are just as smart but takes longer to figure out the question or problem. And if IQ has anything to do with how fast one can solve a problem.

Last edited:
Woody said:
M*W:

The text makes it clear what the men of Sodom were really after, and it was definitely not Lot's daughters or any other woman -- they clearly wanted the men:

The story is so notorious it even earns a place in the dictionary. By definition, Sodomy is what the men of Sodom were known best for.

Why should it matter to you anyway? You don't believe a bible.

M*W: Well, Woody, I have to agree with you. It really doesn't matter.

If you keep thinking long enough eventually you realise jesus wasn't real. Maybe christians stop thinking or are only operating at 500mhz.

Last edited:
Crunchy Cat said:
Why is my knee molesting my tongue?
Perhaps it is the other way around, and your knee is cold, so you're licking it with your tongue.
Speaking of which, my knees of fuckin' freezing... :p

If you keep thinking long enough eventually you realise jesus wasn't real. Maybe christians stop thinking or are only operating at 500mhz.

Got ya :)

And you are right, most theistic mentality is stagnant.

Godless

LeeDa said:

M*W: Ya know, LeeDa, you just may be right!

They're sheep, and want to stay sheep because they've been sheep all thier lives and they don't know how else to function; they are insecure. Simple as that.

You are wrong. You won't realise anything unless your mind is gullable to believing and not having 100% proof that he didn't exist. Perhaps my mind is thinking faster than yours. If realise=what is real, a story told can never be 100% proved as real to yourself unless it is experienced by the self. So you are merely believing in that case. So you apparently do have beliefs. Even an atheist has beliefs and can never prove 100% what is real or not so just want to get the point across. Theists aren't the only ones who set out and believe something for which there isn't 100% proof. So that whole phrase is hypocritical if you are trying to poke fun at those who believe. Aren't those words delicious?

True, abscence of evidence is not evidence of abscence...however, it is a good indicator of said thing's abscence of existance. So, until you can prove it with hard, physical evidence, I'm not going to believe it.

usp8riot said:
And so as God createth, and so shall He taketh away, that is, if it is for the good of all.
Ah, but what is "the good of all". "All" is so wide a spectrum of opinions, mental states, beliefs, ideas, and problems, that nothing can truely be for "the good of all".

Last edited:
Ah, but what is "the good of all". "All" is so wide a spectrum of opinions, mental states, beliefs, ideas, and problems, that nothing can truely be for "the good of all".

Yes, until there is one unifying entity of all that is and can say what is good for all that he created, rules, and judges. Just as the mother/father is the unifying entity of a family. Brothers/sisters often argue about justifying their cause but the parent is the mediator, one that can say what is good for all (their children). It's harder to see until you've grown up and in their shoes. And as the parent is the unifying entity of the children, so is God to all of us and that is.

Godless said:

And you are right, most theistic mentality is stagnant.

And I heard another atheist say believers have a wild imagination. Artists for example, are more likely to believe in the supernatural.

Could y'all please agree on your "theist profile."

Hapsburg said:
They're sheep, and want to stay sheep because they've been sheep all thier lives and they don't know how else to function; they are insecure. Simple as that.
I thought the ones who were not sheep were goats. No?

Woody, you dumb twit! by now you should know that all atheist don't have the same mind set, we all agree on one thing only, "We don't believe in gods" As for anything else, all of our opinions and thoughts on things may be as disperantly as 33000 different denominations of christianity! ;)

Godless

Guys its me, Jesus. What do you mean I didn't exist. Bow down and confess.

Both computers will "always" arrive at the same answer. Guess its a stalemate for the believers and non believers but the answer is the same for both sides. Time travel machine is the only solution I see. This debate will rage on for ever until one is invented. Anyone got any idea how to advance either side without a time travel machine? A scripture goes "In the last days I will justify the heathen". Your completey safe ya heathen. Now if jesus didn't exist and your a believer then you can only be in for trouble I reckon.

This thread is a belief thing? Neither side has or can have except a time travel machine 100% proof? Is this correct? Ow it hurts.

So what does this mean?

Ophiolite said:
I thought the ones who were not sheep were goats. No?
Theists are sheep who don't know how to act like a goat. Metaphorically speaking.

Back