Send the LA Arsonist Back To Germany?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Timed charcoal lighting fuses?

What are they and were they what were used?

I have no research on the product. They're new. The content wrapper is opened and after a small delay, one must have it out of their hand and on to the barby charcoal pile.
Where the product was placed around or near the gas cap is also vague. Perhaps the product is air-activated with some delay time before ignition.

Really?

Seems like a very dangerous product to make and ship.
Accidentally tear the package and POOF, a fire hot enough and long lasting enough to start a charcoal fire?

Really?

Seems like a very dangerous product to make and ship.
Accidentally tear the package and POOF, a fire hot enough and long lasting enough to start a charcoal fire?
The initial tv news report I caught was sketchy, and they were discussing a charcoal-based starter product that was used. Perhaps it was simply a charcoal briquette that was started in its interior cavity/core, with a soldering iron tip, so as to be transported and placed with gloves on near a gas cap. With enough time to get away.

Last edited by a moderator:
The initial tv news report I caught was sketchy, and they were discussing a charcoal-based starter product that was used. Perhaps it was simply a charcoal briquette that was started in its interior cavity/core, with a soldering iron tip, so as to be transported and placed with gloves on near a gas cap. With enough time to get away.

Perhaps it was just Charcoal lighter fluid?

It's portable, easy to apply, burns with a light blue flame so it's not that obvious when you light it and it doesn't burn away quickly so it burns long enough to start even things which aren't that flammable burning.

I think we're pretty close. Simple and effective with little risk for the perp. I believe he was captured by a lucky ID from someone who recognized him on a surveillance cam. If he had a little fear of reprisal and bothered with some disguise, he would still be burning 7 cars/surrounding structure flammables an evening. Scary.

I'm going to put a lock on my gas cover door. What little good that does for propane tanks, tires, wood flammables, carports, etc....scary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except if we don't try and convict him and just send him back to Germany, there is no assurance that the Germans can convict him of anything. Which means he would be free to travel.

And that would mean he could end up back here.

Thats unlikely. We can prevent him from coming here through a simple identification check. I think after a few years abroad from here, the fires in his brain will be snuffed too much to spend the effort to circumvent the usual way people come to the US.

Thats unlikely. We can prevent him from coming here through a simple identification check.

Well but Customs/Immigration works by laws.
And if we don't convict him here of anything and neither do the Germans he won't be on any list to be excluded as a visitor (Germans only need a passport, not a visa to visit for 90 days, to either here or Canada).

I think after a few years abroad from here, the fires in his brain will be snuffed too much to spend the effort to circumvent the usual way people come to the US.

Considering the huge amount of damage he caused in such a short time and the likelihood that he set fires in Germany as well, I'm not sure we can count on that, nor would the Germans appreciate us sending someone back that we are sure is a repeated arsonist that they probably can't put in jail either.

Back