Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!

This generation shall not pass etc.

Yes. Archetypal Jesus was indicating that God's kingdom was in his day.

Let me give something that few want to answer.

I often ask this question of the following.
Is it cynicism or truth.

Candide

"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPClzIsYxvA

If things are the best they can be, then would that indicate that we are in God's kingdom?

I say yes. Not to a creator God doing anything but to nature working to evolve perfection to a higher state continuously.

Let me also give theists something to ponder.

If God is unchanging as many believe, then when exactly did the owner and king of all things, lose part of his kingdom?

When did the master of all, become the master of just some?

Answering these truthfully produce a catch 22 for theists.

Regards
DL

No I understand what you are saying . Working to a higher state pretty much says it all . It is a moving target . So you reach a certain point , but there is always a higher state to reach for . You get some plateaus that seen to be on a level keel, but then it gets boring so you set out for the next ridge .

There is a constant in God Ideals though . Truth is the constant . To decipher the truth . Consider the attribute of God in the bible that says " God does not lie . So looking at that statement you can interpret many ways . You can think ? Oh this being God does not Lie , I wish I could be like that . I will work towards that . Alternative explanation : We as humans out of curiousness seek what is real and true . The Attribute held up on a pedestal ( Throne of God ) is to seek the truth.

Science is your friend people . They seek truth . The players might be ass holish like me , but friends still

If we use the Hebrew word karav for at hand , the verse translates to The Kingdom of Heaven is now not in the future as many Christians believe! Since this is more likely than not the correct translation, how does this affect your belief about heaven and what was it that Jesus trying to relate to his followers?

i don't think that "the kingdom" and "heaven" are the same thing. the lord's prayer says "thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven", so when i consider the kingdom, i think of something that originates in heaven but manifests on earth.

i don't think that "the kingdom" and "heaven" are the same thing. the lord's prayer says "thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven", so when i consider the kingdom, i think of something that originates in heaven but manifests on earth.
That is a great way to look at it Mom . I like that ! It has that feel of never ending achievement to it . I was told to set my goals high that way I would live longer . Can't die until the goals are reach , or more clearly " If you have long time goals you will have something to live for for a longer period of time . Now a truck could always come bull dose your butt over, but having something to live for can't hurt

Seems like it is talking about after Revelation.

No I understand what you are saying . Working to a higher state pretty much says it all . It is a moving target . So you reach a certain point , but there is always a higher state to reach for . You get some plateaus that seen to be on a level keel, but then it gets boring so you set out for the next ridge .

There is a constant in God Ideals though . Truth is the constant . To decipher the truth . Consider the attribute of God in the bible that says " God does not lie . So looking at that statement you can interpret many ways . You can think ? Oh this being God does not Lie , I wish I could be like that . I will work towards that . Alternative explanation : We as humans out of curiousness seek what is real and true . The Attribute held up on a pedestal ( Throne of God ) is to seek the truth.

Science is your friend people . They seek truth . The players might be ass holish like me , but friends still

i watched a good movie the other night called "leaves of grass" with ed norton, and in it he plays identical twins, one of which is a total stoner, but with a very high IQ. he makes an analogy when asked if he believed in god. he said god is like parallel lines...a perfection that man can conceive of and calculate, but can never attain himself. i thought that was cool. :m:

That is a great way to look at it Mom . I like that ! It has that feel of never ending achievement to it . I was told to set my goals high that way I would live longer . Can't die until the goals are reach , or more clearly " If you have long time goals you will have something to live for for a longer period of time . Now a truck could always come bull dose your butt over, but having something to live for can't hurt

my goal is to never die.

Seems like it is talking about after Revelation.

this is what revelation says...

Revelation 21
A New Heaven and a New Earth
1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

The New Jerusalem, the Bride of the Lamb
9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. 11 It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12 It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel. 13 There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. 14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. 16 The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia[c] in length, and as wide and high as it is long. 17 The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits[d] thick.[e] 18 The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. 19 The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.[f] 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.

22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

we'll see.

That was a line from "the river" i think that was it...i left the "baby" part out 'cause i dont want to get into trouble.:D Sounds better with it in though.

Even still, when this life comes to an end it is considered dying. I cant say what happens next, i am an agnostic.

i watched a good movie the other night called "leaves of grass" with ed norton, and in it he plays identical twins, one of which is a total stoner, but with a very high IQ. he makes an analogy when asked if he believed in god. he said god is like parallel lines...a perfection that man can conceive of and calculate, but can never attain himself. i thought that was cool. :m:
I was frozen in a blade of grass , running out of honey , Living in the past , I can drink maple water any time I believe . Scale any wall . We run parallel Mom. You know that don't you ? 357 bang . You should listen to some new types of music Lori and make a jump to the future . We are waiting for you because we love you . The Demon Eagle is your friend . Thank you Thank you very much Book worm Sara ( A.K.A. S.A.M. ) . I heard a black preacher woman talking about aliens once . She said The alien has landed at the north pole and is here to help the white man find there blackness . That the White man is the devil and he will be until he learns to be black and if it was not for the Great Alien turning white people towards there blackness they would be killed . This women name was Moses . I thought that a funny name for a woman. The TEa party people made fun of her . It was Glen Becks radio show . That is were I heard her . She was a call in . Fuck I thought she was staring at Me in a weird sort of way for I did , I really did understand her words. I think my tree of life starts in Zimbabwe and thought this before I heard her speak. Ah that means I come from black people!!

That was a line from "the river" i think that was it...i left the "baby" part out 'cause i dont want to get into trouble.:D Sounds better with it in though.

Even still, when this life comes to an end it is considered dying. I cant say what happens next, i am an agnostic.

elijah didn't die. he just got sucked up to heaven. :eek:

I was frozen in a blade of grass , running out of honey , Living in the past , I can drink maple water any time I believe . Scale any wall . We run parallel Mom. You know that don't you ? 357 bang . You should listen to some new types of music Lori and make a jump to the future . We are waiting for you because we love you . The Demon Eagle is your friend . Thank you Thank you very much Book worm Sara ( A.K.A. S.A.M. ) . I heard a black preacher woman talking about aliens once . She said The alien has landed at the north pole and is here to help the white man find there blackness . That the White man is the devil and he will be until he learns to be black and if it was not for the Great Alien turning white people towards there blackness they would be killed . This women name was Moses . I thought that a funny name for a woman. The TEa party people made fun of her . It was Glen Becks radio show . That is were I heard her . She was a call in . Fuck I thought she was staring at Me in a weird sort of way for I did , I really did understand her words. I think my tree of life starts in Zimbabwe and thought this before I heard her speak. Ah that means I come from black people!!

holy hell what are you doing listening to glenn beck?!

i didn't click on the demon eagle link. should i?

we'll see.
Ah O.K. Lori my name is GREAT HOUSE , are you getting a clue yet ? I live in Big Sky County . The Big Sky . Go learn some Hopi Prophecy dear . They say about the same thing . Here I will tell you . Many People will build a Great House in the Sky .

Ah O.K. Lori my name is GREAT HOUSE , are you getting a clue yet ? I live in Big Sky County . The Big Sky . Go learn some Hopi Prophecy dear . They say about the same thing . Here I will tell you . Many People will build a Great House in the Sky .

ok. i dig that. i don't know much about hopi prophecy. perhaps i'll give it a meander.

holy hell what are you doing listening to glenn beck?!

i didn't click on the demon eagle link. should i?

I listen to every thing . You could even say I listen omnipotently . Well sometimes I block out the things my wife says . It hurts my tender man ears sometimes . She still teases me for back early in our relationship I said to her . Stop talking your Hurting my ears . Oh shit fuck guys wrong thing to say to a woman . I will pay for that fo pa for the rest of my existence

You are so funny Lori. God I laugh my ass off , A Christian who is an account that don't like Glen Beck . Whats your stance on fiscal responsibility? I think we should just scrap the whole promissory note idea all together and just jump to the responsible part. What do you think ? Is it doable from an accounting stance ?

God does not lie is not what scripture tells us.

To cause lies is as culpable and a sin as lying directly.

God causes lies.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

Regards
DL

The Church cannot preach that the kingdom of God is here because they would have to have God step up if they did and the main reason that they do not preach this is that revenues would fall of as they could no longer created the guilt that keeps the $$$ rolling in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM3FXlLMug

Regards
DL

this is what revelation says...

Revelation 21
A New Heaven and a New Earth
1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. .

Genesis 13:15 - All the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring forever.

Ecclesiastes 1:4 - Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.

Which contradictory scripture takes precedence?

Regards
DL

Back