Killing an animal to save it from pain.

When I was 14 I backed up over my cat. My step-dad was so angry he made me go to the barn and get a shovel to kill it. My 12 yr old brother took care of it for me. He was appalled at how mean my step-dad was. Everyone knows I don't kill animals.

Step-dads reaction was pretty harsh. Bro' was very kind to take care of it for you.

My mom ran over my dog - Sparky - when I was about 12. Backed over it just like you. Killed it instantly so there wasnt the horror of having to put the animal down. She felt sooo bad; for about a week, everytime she looked at me she started crying.

Yeah well, during my 7th birthday party my Mom brought my crying 4 yr old brother over to me
Mom: "tell her what you did"
Brother: "I killed Tippy"
Me: stunned silent looking at the Barbie doll I just opened
Mom: "Tell her how"
Brother: "She tried to jump in the car when I shut the door. it hit her head"
Mom "No, it broke her neck. Now tell her you're sorry"
Brother "I'm sorry. Happy Birthday"

I cannot believe my Mom did that. I'm glad my brother doesn't remember it. It was mean to make him do that and it was insensitive to make me hear it on my birthday in the middle of my party.

I cannot believe my Mom did that. I'm glad my brother doesn't remember it. It was mean to make him do that and it was insensitive to make me hear it on my birthday in the middle of my party.

I cannot imagine making a four year old do that.

What an awful birthday.

Well I guess you're not one of those poor women who spends her whole life feeling like a failure because she's not as good a mother as her mother was.;)

Well I guess you're not one of those poor women who spends her whole life feeling like a failure because she's not as good a mother as her mother was.;)

LOL, no. But she saw it as being honest and not keeping secrets. Believe me, she a better parent than the one she had.

Back