Killed for not being Christian

but if it adds weight to your argument then whatever.

Ah, and the cute little boyish martyr thing comes back out. Well, I wasn't actually saying YOU are a killer. But you clearly defend their rationalizations.

Gravity said:
Ah, and the cute little boyish martyr thing comes back out. Well, I wasn't actually saying YOU are a killer. But you clearly defend their rationalizations.

Nope, I do not. They have no right to assume the role of the Creator because they themselves have no right to cast the first stone. This is the real arrogance that Jesus was pointing out when He said "He who casts the first stone, let it be him who is sinless."
Only God is sinless and only God has the right to take a life. Man shalt not. Look how Jesus rebuked one of His followers for cutting off the ear of the soldier. He said "Those who live by the sword, die by the sword." and he healed the ear of the soldier who was about to take Him to His most miserable death.
No Christianity is not about taking a life, only God can pronounce judgement on the wicked and Jesus came not to judge but to save.

peace

c20

It's funny how many times C20 contradicts himself in one page of posts, then resorts to a parable and a halleluja.
Proof that faith is stronger than sense.

Roman said:
It's funny how many times C20 contradicts himself in one page of posts, then resorts to a parable and a halleluja.
Proof that faith is stronger than sense.

Please provide evidence.

Thanks

c20

Gravity: Well hey, Jesus says in a parable in Luke 19:27 to kill disbelievers! Look it up, its a pretty clear passage. And if that passage is ''wrong'' or ''out of context'' then how dare they try to quote any other passages? And if it is ''right'' -- then it shows pretty clearly that any arguments from Christians about how brutal Islam is, are quite hypocritical.
M*W: Hi, Gravity! One little clarification: Luke wrote down what Paul told him to. Paul used the epistles he wrote as a guideline for the first three gospels. So, killing disbelievers was what Paul told them to do! Paul was a sick, delusional man.

Medicine Woman said:
Gravity: Well hey, Jesus says in a parable in Luke 19:27 to kill disbelievers! Look it up, its a pretty clear passage. And if that passage is ''wrong'' or ''out of context'' then how dare they try to quote any other passages? And if it is ''right'' -- then it shows pretty clearly that any arguments from Christians about how brutal Islam is, are quite hypocritical.
M*W: Hi, Gravity! One little clarification: Luke wrote down what Paul told him to. Paul used the epistles he wrote as a guideline for the first three gospels. So, killing disbelievers was what Paul told them to do! Paul was a sick, delusional man.

Yes its true, Paul held Luke down and threatened to release the powers of Satan upon him if he did not exalt Jesus Christ in the Gospels.

Hehe

Comon M*W - this is starting to look a bit silly now. Are you doing this for a laugh?

peace

c20

What if whole nations were filled with wickedness? How do you find a prison big enough for them? You do not. You exterminate them.

My point is that no man has the right to condemn another to death by his own mortal hand. Only God has the right to decide because it is His creation.

So you can persecute murderers, as long as God's doing it?

Next, we get a little story:
At one time I was very rich and needed nothing at all....

Followed by:

only God has the right to take a life.

Note that C20 has already sanctioned exterminating entire nations (he wrote in the second person, and I figure I'm not God, so he must be addressing man).

Roman said:
So you can persecute murderers, as long as God's doing it?

Next, we get a little story:

Followed by:

Note that C20 has already sanctioned exterminating entire nations (he wrote in the second person, and I figure I'm not God, so he must be addressing man).

It was a mistake to speak in the second person.

these are a couple of quote for some sick people, this just shows how religion can be taken wrong.

I talk to my only friend Jesus our "LORD"! I know "JESUS" understands my terrible desires and ect. I have tords little boys! And the main reason I murdered them little "BOYS", is because our society is so "AGAINST" the fact of "CHILDREN-DOING-SEX" together or with anybody! I believe children should be "ABLE" to do sex! And I can "ARGUE" that all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court! "SEX" is a great "GIFT" that Jesus gave us all!!!!
[Freddy Goode, serial killer, in a letter to one of his lawyers-the bad spellings is his]

My children, Michael and Alex, are with our Heavenly Father now, and I know that they will never be hurt again. As a mom, that means more than words could ever say. . . My children deserve to have the best, and now they will. . . I have put my total faith in God, and he will take care of me.
[Susan Smith, who drowned her two children, in her confession letter, Nov. 1994]

I have nothing to with my brother, as he shuned me for giving up the faith, I however am glad this is the case, he once said if it was'nt for his fear of reprisal from allah/god he could kill. this to me is the statement of a fundamentalist loony, there are a lot of them about.

Ooh now, just look at this...

"There are three distinct and progressive states of transmarginal inhibition" Pavlov, I. P. (1927). Conditioned Reflexes. Oxford University Press.

At one time I was very rich and needed nothing at all. If someone had said I needed God's love then I would have called them a fantasist too. But I was not happy with all my riches. I was never content, always striving to fulfill some selfish ambition or other to increase my wealth. The richer I became the more despondant I became and I fell into a life of drug abuse to patch up the feelings of utter despondancy. It very nearly took me to my grave as I was desperately suicidal.

Equivalent phase?

It was in this state that a couple of Christians reached out to me and told me I needed to know God's love. I was very sceptical but the look of contentment in their faces was undeniable and I knew it was that that I had been searching for.

Paradoxical phase?

The next thing I know is that I am falling backwards and being caught and laid gently to the ground. Some force is ripping through my entire being, healing me and whispering to me that I am being washed in blood, purified by the blood.

Ultraparadoxical phase?

I'm not suprised your a christian C2O. In fact, I doubt you had much conscious choice in the matter.

Dee Cee

Last edited:
Those ''couple of Christians'' didn't happen to be in an AA or NA group you were in were they? They suck lots of folks in that way. When people are down and out they are easy pickings for all kinds of cults, sucker punches and easy sells.

My take is that when someone holding a revolver and shotgun asks you
if you believe in 'God' then answer should be 'yes' if any sense of self
preservation exists.

Crunchy Cat said:
My take is that when someone holding a revolver and shotgun asks you
if you believe in 'God' then answer should be 'yes' if any sense of self
preservation exists.

undergod.jpg

My take is that when someone holding a revolver and shotgun asks you if you believe in 'God' then answer should be 'yes' if any sense of self preservation exists.

You seem to be assuming that atheists don't point guns at people. :)

I shoot them when they say yes. It's a win/win situation.
I have a good laugh and they get to go to heaven.
Dee Cee

DeeCee said:
You seem to be assuming that atheists don't point guns at people. :)

Huh? Sure they do, but likely don't demand to verify that somebody believes what they believe . . . besides the fact that since 80% of America is Christian - you have a much smaller chance of a FreeThinker pointing a gun at you than a beLIEver!

DeeCee said:
I shoot them when they say yes. It's a win/win situation.
I have a good laugh and they get to go to heaven.
Dee Cee

Hmmmmm. http://www.fbi.gov/

Whats so terrible about it adstar? That he didnt believe or that he died for it?

It is terrible that he died while in a state of disbelief. For one who believes death is not tragic.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Well, only if one believes in ALLAH is it not tragic! Or, I mean KRISHNA. Or, I mean only if you are a MORMON believer, or . . . uh - its only not tragic if you believe in the IPU -- or . . . . . . shoot, its hard to keep track of all the possibilities! Guess its a crapshoot, you just pick one and hope for the best! ;)

Gravity said:
Well hey, Jesus says in a parable in Luke 19:27 to kill disbelievers! Look it up, its a pretty clear passage. And if that passage is ''wrong'' or ''out of context'' then how dare they try to quote any other passages? And if it is ''right'' -- then it shows pretty clearly that any arguments from Christians about how brutal Islam is, are quite hypocritical.

Gravity the verse luke 19:27 is in a parable it is a story told to get a message across.

Luke 19
The Parable of the Minas
(1) 11 Now as they heard these things, He spoke another parable, because He was near Jerusalem and because they thought the kingdom of God would appear immediately. 12Therefore He said: "A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return. 13So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas, and said to them, "Do business till I come.' 14But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, "We will not have this man to reign over us.'
15"And so it was that when he returned, having received the kingdom, he then commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16Then came the first, saying, "Master, your mina has earned ten minas.' 17And he said to him, "Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.' 18And the second came, saying, "Master, your mina has earned five minas.' 19Likewise he said to him, "You also be over five cities.'
20"Then another came, saying, "Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. 21For I feared you, because you are an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.' 22And he said to him, "Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow. 23Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?'
24"And he said to those who stood by, "Take the mina from him, and give it to him who has ten minas.' 25(But they said to him, "Master, he has ten minas.') 26"For I say to you, that to everyone who has will be given; and from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 27But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me."'

The verse is alluding to the final judgement, where all disbelievers will face the second death. The minascoins are referring to the Word Of God. Those who accept the word and keep the faith and spread the message are the ones who make their mina multiply those who hear the Word but reject it are like the one who received one mina and hid it in his handkerchief.

This parable of Jesus is in no way calling on his followers to kill non-believers.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

c20H25N3o said:
My point is that no man has the right to condemn another to death by his own mortal hand. Only God has the right to decide because it is His creation.
So you merely advocate and wish for the death of non-believers, just as long as God is the one doing the killing. You do realise that by saying:
God hates wickedness and I am glad He kills the unrepentant. I do not want them anywhere near me or mine. You are glad are you not when murderers found in your neigbourhood are removed from your presence? You are glad because your children are safer? What if whole nations were filled with wickedness? How do you find a prison big enough for them? You do not. You exterminate them. God cannot live with inequity. If you say God is wicked for removing the wicked from the land how stupid are you? I know to keep my mouth shut.
you are condemning others to death?

You do realise that to wish the death of another for whatever reason is just as bad as you taking a gun and killing that person yourself.

It does not matter how frustrated we Christians become with unbelief and wickedness, it is not up to us to take the matter into our own hands. To do so is to distrust the one we hold dear to.
But by stating that all the disbelievers and the unrepentant be killed by God, you are in a way taking matters into your own hands and passing it on to another.

I said that He was just to do so because they were unrepentant. The chap who killed the unbeliever thought he had the right to play God which none of us do. That man will now go to prison for a very long time and deservedly so. Maybe he will learn his lesson in prison i.e. that he must not assume the will of God but rather say "Not my will be done but your will be done" and then walk humbly with his God as he is instructed to do.
So you think that it's right that your God threatens people with death unless they repent? You think it's right that your God forces, threatens and coerces people to repent? That'd make God just as bad as the murderer. Both demand that the person believes or dies, and both commit murder when the person refuses.

but I say to you that if God Himself did not do a little cleaning up, the righteous would be calling out to Him for justice as their children are dragged off to be raped and their homelands are destroyed and as their loved ones fall by the sword, as the strong of the land persecute the weak of the land claiming genetic superiority.
That's why we have laws to punish people who commit such crimes. And why doesn't God do any more little clean ups? Why doesn't God commit any more genocide? Could it be that it's morally reprehensible to murder people for not believing?

But God is just and has provided a way for all men to be saved that no accusation may be laid upon Him.
Interesting. So if the killer repents, God will forgive and all is good again. Tell that to the families of the person(s) killed. 'It's alright now, he said he was sorry and repented, so he can now walk free... he is forgiven'.

Don't you think it's highly hypocritical of God to demand that the followers only do as he says and not as he does? After all, the peon who killed that poor fellow could claim that he was following God's example in killing the unbeliever and unrepentant.

It is terrible that he died while in a state of disbelief. For one who believes death is not tragic.
Of course death is tragic, but i dont find it terrible that he died in a state of disbelief, only that he died because of that disbelief.

Back