Juvenile

Actually the US is the only place where people who were under 18 when a crime was committed are sentenced to life without the possibility of parole. ...

what did I miss here? And he can't be named for legal reasons because he is a juvenile (under 18)

Relative of Australia killer Ivan Milat admits murder

The teenage relative of notorious Australian serial killer Ivan Milat has pleaded guilty to the brutal axe murder of another teenager.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted killing 17-year-old David Auchterlonie....

...The teenager - who reportedly showed no emotion when his lawyer entered his guilty plea - is due to be sentenced on 2 December and could face life in prison.

what did I miss here? And he can't be named for legal reasons because he is a juvenile (under 18)

Relative of Australia killer Ivan Milat admits murder

The teenage relative of notorious Australian serial killer Ivan Milat has pleaded guilty to the brutal axe murder of another teenager.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted killing 17-year-old David Auchterlonie....

...The teenager - who reportedly showed no emotion when his lawyer entered his guilty plea - is due to be sentenced on 2 December and could face life in prison.

Im begining to think your only capable of reading up to 4 words (or less) of a sentance.

Life DOES NOT equal life without the possibility of parole. Life is generally 20- life. In Australia the law states that a non parole period MUST be set for anyone under 18 at the time the crime is committed. MY guess (and its only a guess) is that he will get 10 or 15 to life but maybe less.

and since it's a guess, you don't know. He really could spend the rest of his life in prison. He could come up for parole and it could be denied. You would just be guessing he would behave in prison and would be out in 15 years or less. But as you said, you are just guessing.

So, if prison doesn't work (as you have said) what do you suggest?

I don't know what you're talking about. I've lived in four states and worked in several others, and I've never been in a place where teenagers were exempted from criminal charges. Very young children, sure. But once they reach age 12 or somewhere in that range, they are charged and may be tried. They're not necessarily tried in the same manner as adults and, if found guilty, they are often not punished in the same manner as adults (especially never sentenced to death or life imprisonment except in the worst cases), but they are charged.

What state do you live in, where you have observed teenagers not being charged with their crimes? Are you sure they have actually not been charged? Are they sent to some kind of correctional facility without trial? I can see them being sent for psychiatric care if they're clearly screwed up; that can even happen to an adult who is "not fit to stand trial."

But nobody gets off. My wife worked in a psychiatric hospital for a couple of years. A lot of people would rather go to prison than be there.
I was talking about this. . I would appreciate anyone could point out flaws in that law.

I'm not reading all that Philippine law. do you have a certain section you have questions about?

Back