John the Baptist

Adstar said:
True Christians have never had the power to do this. This is done by the Power of the Holy Spirit working through men. It's like saying that the power that gives light to a light bulb comes from the switch on the wall. The power comes from the massive power station not the little button on the wall.

These signs you talk of only happen when the Holy Spirit will's it to happen. And the prophesy was fulfilled when these signs where done by followers of the Messiah Jesus in the past and even today in some places in the world.

So your inference that i must do all these things to be a true Christian is false.
no not false true, it does state quite clearly here again I'll quote it.
"KJV, Mark 16, 15: And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16: He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17: And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18: They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

or is it you dont believe.

remember the bible is the infallible word of god.

:) Of course i believe. And that prophecy did come true and the those signs did all happen. I have explained what you do not understand. But you reject my explanation because all you want to do is try to undermine my faith. :rolleyes: A little hint, your wasting you time. Greater anti-christs than you have tried and failed. :D

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

No iI don't argue that God exist, I believe he exists, what I am showing is that every day new information is discovered that support the story of the bible.

I say that for every one bit of information that you can produce that supports that the bible is a complete truth, I can produce two bits that refute it.

I also assert that there isn't a single bit of information that supports any of the primary assertions of the bible: ressurection (the zombie Jesus?); exodus; global flood; etc.

Of course, you can always "win" the argument by playing the "it's magic" card.

I say that for every one bit of information that you can produce that supports that the bible is a complete truth, I can produce two bits that refute it.

Only two? I think you sell yourself short there...

Back