Jews and Jesus

No Vowels?

Live4Him,

The belief that the Hebrew language had no vowels is erronous.
This is a false statement made by many to get you to forget the Name Yahweh. "They will cause My people to forget My Name for Baali ('the LORD')". See my web page: http://www.maxpages.com/yahshua/CONSONANTS_OR_VOWELS

Try to pronounce a name or a word without making vowel sounds. Impossible! You can't even pronounce letters without making vowel sounds.

There are Messianic Jews. In fact I know a Jewish Rabbi who believes in quite a bit of the new testament and that Jesus was a prophet but that Jesus is not God.

Re: No Vowels?

Originally posted by Frank4YAHWEH
Live4Him,

The belief that the Hebrew language had no vowels is erronous.
This is a false statement made by ...
Go back and read what was actually written before making an even bigger fool of yourself. :rolleyes:

I don't have much time..but to clarify the issue of vowels --

There *aren't* any vowels. Instead there are modifiers that we use. Example: to make something sound 'eh,' or 'ehl three dots are put underneath' the letter. To make it sound 'ah,' or 'ahl,' a t-shaped line is generally used. And so on...

In everday hebrew, these modifiers are not needed. Instead people infer the correct sounds.

Unless you speak hebrew frank, maybe you oughta rest your case.

Xerxes,

There are not vowels as in English as a, e, i, o, u ..., but there are vowel sounds and what you have refered to in your post is the more modern Hebrew. I am familiar with the marks. These were added later.

Originally posted by Frank4YAHWEH
Xerxes,

There are not vowels as in English as a, e, i, o, u ..., but there are vowel sounds and what you have refered to in your post is the more modern Hebrew. I am familiar with the marks. These were added later.
Live4Him initially wrote:
  • The ancient Hebrew manuscripts did not contain vowels for ANY of the words. The Dead Sea Scrolls (approx 200 BC - 70 AD) don't have any vowels points in the documents.
Your absurd response:
  • The belief that the Hebrew language had no vowels is erronous.
Are you truly too stupid to comprehend the difference between vowel designations in a manuscript and vowel sounds in a spoken language? Either show us the text that proves Live4Him wrong, or confirm yourself as a disineguous fool.

Ahh, Don't Be Stupid!

I happen to have knowledge that there were certain Hebrew letters that act as consonant/vowels. Three of the Hebrew letters comprise the Name of our Heavenly Father and Creator and are transliterated Y, H, and W into the English language.

Last edited:
It depends. Just after Yeshua (Jesus)'s crucifiction, Christianity existed purely as a sect of Judaism. It was not until 70AD that Christianity and Judaism split into seemingly separate religions.
In Christianity there are essentially 3 separate theological branches rooting from the original movement of Yeshua and his 12 apostles.

The first of course, is Sh'oul (Paul)'s movement, which lead to the Roman Catholic church, Eastern Orthodox Church, and the spinoffs of those churches.

The second is based on the church of Yoseph of Armathia (Joseph of Aramathia), which was founded in Brittan. This church lead to the Baptists and non-denominational evangelistic churches.

The third is based on the teachings of Shi'mon Kefa (Simon Peter) and is the most ancient of three. Known modernly as Messianic Jews or the "Jews for Jesus Movement", this church is essentially Jewish in it's form of worship and teaching. Members of this church are by and largely not considered Jews by other Jews, particularly the Orthodox, and this branch of Christianity has only become far more popular in the last 60 years.

Back