Jesus really is my homeboy.

the part of london I come from, a homeboy has always been a gay male prostitute. not a good thing for jesus to be.
but a homey is a totally different thing.

So, if Jesus was a homeboy, then he was a member of a youth gang; The Apostles.

What 'colors' did they fly?
Were they 'taggers?'
Did they listen to rap?
Did they steal chariots for money?
What were they smoking?
Did they wear bling?

(Q) said:
So, if Jesus was a homeboy, then he was a member of a youth gang; The Apostles.

What 'colors' did they fly?
Were they 'taggers?'
Did they listen to rap?
Did they steal chariots for money?
What were they smoking?
Did they wear bling?

What are you talking about? He's my homeboy. Not a gang banger haha!

hug-a-tree said:
What are you talking about? He's my homeboy. Not a gang banger haha!

M*W: Hug-a-tree, you should be hanging-from-a-tree! Jesus-didn't-exist-so-why-do-you-call-him-your-homeboy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus#Jesus_as_historical_figure
In The Historical Figure of Jesus, E.P. Sanders presents Alexander the Great as paradigmatic—the available sources tell us much about his deeds, but nothing about his thoughts. Sanders considers the quest for the "historical Jesus" to be much closer to a search for historical details on Alexander than to those historical figures with adequate documentation. For this reason, he concludes, "the sources for Jesus are better, however, than those that deal with Alexander" and "the superiority of evidence for Jesus is seen when we ask what he thought" (1993:3).

The strawman argument that compares Jesus to other alleged or actual historical figures notwithstanding, I found the EP Sanders book interesting. Have you read it? If you have it, turn to page 49 (depending perhaps on your edition) where you will see a passage in which Sanders states that Roman sources that mention the alleged christ "are all dependent on Christian reports."

There are no independent sources, including the gospels, that are written by direct witnesses to Jesus. He or she may or may not have existed. What's clear is that whatever *is* written about Jesus is cult propaganda and should be discarded as such.

With regard to the strawman argument that is repeated created by religious nutters about "less written about {insert historical figure} than Jesus," I'm reminded of two important facts: 1) none of the oft cited historical figures are guilty of wild claims of magical ability that are attributed to Jesus and, 2) that so many people have written about the "thoughts" of this alleged christ beginning so long after his death and, obviously, not from 1st person perspective says much about the veracity of the clung-to claims of christian cults.

Haven't read it, but after some googling, it's on my to-read list. Nonetheless, I think it unwise to discard the whole existence of a historical figure solely because he is now a religious figurehead.

Possumking said:
Jesus ain't my homeboy. He still owes me $10.50.
"You knew Christ?!"
"Knew him? Shit, n**** owes twelve bucks!"
-Dogma.
:D That movie is hilarious.

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: Hug-a-tree, you should be hanging-from-a-tree! Jesus-didn't-exist-so-why-do-you-call-him-your-homeboy?

Jesus could very well have existed. Maybe he wasn't the saviour but I really believe that he was once on Earth. Besides, I'm entiled to my own belief.

hug-a-tree said:
Jesus could very well have existed. Maybe he wasn't the saviour but I really believe that he was once on Earth. Besides, I'm entiled to my own belief.
you might want to check the rest of M*W posts she went completely insaine she has no logic left

geeser said:
the part of london I come from, a homeboy has always been a gay male prostitute. not a good thing for jesus to be.
but a homey is a totally different thing.
That makes sense, since the God-botherers have been pimping him out for millennia.

M*W, may I ask what information brought you to the conclusion that Christ never existed? And why you are so eager to discard him? You tend do that in every thread that brings His name up...

illuminatingtherapy said:
M*W, may I ask what information brought you to the conclusion that Christ never existed? And why you are so eager to discard him? You tend do that in every thread that brings His name up...

M*W: After having researched the historic Jesus for many years, I finally came to the conclusion that there is no proof of his existence. The more I studied, the more truth I found in his non-existence. (I used to be a devout Christian).

The bible, especially the NT, was written according to astrology and cosmology. It's not literal at all. The more I learned about astro-theology, the more I realize this is the ONLY truth to be found in the bible.

I am eager to discard anything that is a lie. Jesus' existence is the biggest lie of all.

Back