Jesus Denies being God

Flores

Registered Senior Member
Cut and paste from the Pearls of Wisdom site:
http://www.pearls.org/Jesus/deny_beign_god.html
Do christians have any objection to the arguments made

If I am standing in front of the IBM headquarters building, and a fellow employee unknowingly asked me "Is this your building, do you own this building?"

Then I replied "This Building is NOT MY OWN, but it belongs to The ONE WHO EMPLOYEES ME"

This would clarify to the person asking that I AM NOT THE OWNER, I am just one of the workers. I do not own the building (Universe) the one I work for owns it.

Another Example is:

If I am at a gathering of people in a friend's house, and a fellow guest unknowingly asked me, "Is this your house?" I would reply "This is not my house but it is the house of the ONE WHO INVITED ME"

This would clarify to the fellow guest that again, I am NOT THE OWNER of the house.

Did Jesus make such statements regarding his status, the words, the will and the power he used?

WORDS

"Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His

who sent Me." (John 7:16)

"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word

which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me." (John 14:24)

"For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak." (John 12:49)

WILL

"Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent

me, and to accomplish his work." (John 4:34)

"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but

the will of Him who sent Me." (John 6:38)

“Saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me;

nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."” (Luke 22:42)

POWER

"I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment

is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the

Father who sent Me." (John 5:30)

"I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master,

nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." (John 13:16)

"You heard me say, `I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you

loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." (John 14:28)

"Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me,

for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord,

but he sent me." (John 8:42)

"To sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for

those for whom it has been prepared by my Father" (Matthew 20:23 )

KNOWLEDGE

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in

heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (Mark 13:32 )

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of

heaven, but My Father only." (Matthew 24:36)

"So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who

sent me" (John 7:16 )

STATUS

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." Matthew ( 7:21 )

"And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. (John 5:37)

"And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good

but God alone." (Mark 10:18 )

"And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges." (John 8:50)

Some Christians, (not all) claim that Jesus _implied_ that he was God, from the above verses, we see that Jesus denied being God, it now leaves the Christians who believe Jesus is God to provide just one single verse in the Bible where Jesus says "I am God" there is no such verse, the God of Abraham in the Old Testament stated "I am God" over 200 times, yet oddly Jesus never uttered those three words once in the Gospel, so we see from the many quotes above, that the House did not belong to Jesus, it belonged to the One who Sent him.

Jesus clearly claimed to be Yahweh (Jehovah) and that is exactly why the Jewish leaders demanded His death. It was blasphemy in their eyes for any man to claim that He was Yahweh. They knew and understood exactly what He meant. All you have to do is look at how they reacted to Jesus to figure it out. But there is more evidence, much more. I do not have much time but here are a few examples. I will try to add some more later.

NEW TESTAMENT - Yahweh (Jehovah)

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

OLD TESTAMENT - Yahweh (Jehovah)

Isaiah 44:6
"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
'I am the First and I am the Last,
And there is no God besides Me.

NEW TESTAMENT - Jesus = Yahweh (Jehovah)

Revelation 1:17
When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

We will all fall at His feet on that day.

Best Wishes!

1Dude said:
We will all fall at His feet on that day.

Best Wishes!

We will all fall to the feet of our creator and the creator of Jesus and best wishes to you putting Jesus equal to or above god, because jesus is notorious for turning pagans and those that calls him good or place him on top of the father away."

Matt 7:
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I hope it feels so darn good when Jesus shoos you away and tell you that he never knew you, because you made the ultimate mistake of paganism and believed in a mortal man who lived his life as the slave and noble apostle of god instead of believing in the creator, the god of Jesus.

Um yeah, we all know that jesus isn't a god. He was a black-haired little middle-eastern dude. No discussion is needed. ;)

Well in fact he accepted that he was the son of God, and he even told him father, earthquakes and curations were done after jesus dead, and the light ceased 3 days, he was a human like you and me in form , but he was really someone from God and perhaps his son.

Well in fact he accepted that he was the son of God, and he even told him father, earthquakes and curations were done after jesus dead, and the light ceased 3 days, he was a human like you and me in form , but he was really someone from God and perhaps his son.
yeah and if you believe that God created all,
then we are all children of God,no? :p

----------------------------------------------------------
jesus loves you,everyone else thinks youre an asshole :D

Flores

I hope I am wrong Flores but this is what I think.

Your religion has done your heart little good since you set traps for people you have never met only to prey and devour them. You bring shame to your God and the Holy Book. Your religion is of no good to your own soul if you have no love for those who disagree with you.

Your religion has done you no good if it teaches you to hate. If your religion does not teach you to hate then you are walking in sin and you are not true to your own faith. You have left the true faith. You have become as a man with no religion at all. You have a form of Godliness but do not allow your own religion to change your heart towards love. You only use it to justify your hate, your anger.

If you are angry now it is probably because I am correct in this. If you are not angry now then maybe there is hope for you.

What is in your heart right now Flores? Peace or Anger?

It is my hope that I am wrong about you. If I am wrong then I apologize.

My Prayers and Hopes and my Love are Towards You!

May all of the Blessings and Wisdom and Peace of God be Yours!

Q25

yeah and if you believe that God created all,
then we are all children of God,no?

What do you think then?

I think Flores started this thread because I posted something about Muhammed on another thread.

Anyways her arguments here are pretty much futile, based upon what she thinks God is when there is nothing in the world like God. It's unfortunate but she mistakenly thinks God is some sort of ruthless dictator.

Some of what Flores' post neglected to mention:
Then Jesus cried out, "When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me."
All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.
(John 12:44; 16:15)​

Jesus didn't want to replace God on earth, so He made it clear that He didn't. If your reflection in a mirror could shout at passersby, it would say: "I am not him, I am not him!", yet it would be you for all to see.

Last edited:
okinrus said:
I think Flores started this thread because I posted something about Muhammed on another thread.

Don't give yourself too much credit...I pay attention to very few people around these forums and you're not one of them...not because I don't like you, contrary, I seem to think that you're harmless.

okinrus said:
Anyways her arguments here are pretty much futile, based upon what she thinks God is when there is nothing in the world like God. It's unfortunate but she mistakenly thinks God is some sort of ruthless dictator.

You are the one that said the awfull words, which makes you the one that really think that god is some sort of "ruthless dictator". Is that why you are so afraid of god that you would rather go to Jesus instead?

Jenyar said:
Some of what Flores' post neglected to mention:
Then Jesus cried out, "When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me."
All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.
(John 12:44; 16:15)​

The bible of many contradictions serves as your jail keeper. Everytime you try to leave, it lies you into staying.

Do you know that this is the way Satan will keep his followers in hell?

The Quran say that Satan's followers will be condemned in a hell of fire enclosed by a giant serpant with it's tail in it's mouth. The serpant tighten it's grip for everytime that you lie and everytime that you're a hypocrite. The people will try two things to get out of hell. Everytime they confess to the serpant that they know that they have been wrong, the serpant laugh at them and tell them, you're hypocrites for acting differently than the truth you seem to believe in. Everytime they lie by saying they didn't do the things they did, it tightens further due to their lying.

What a great bible, a serpant one that teaches you hypocracy through contradictory teachings and the only way to understand it is to lie to yourself.

contrary, I seem to think that you're harmless.
Yes, Flores, I'm not here to harm anyone.

You are the one that said the awfull words, which makes you the one that really think that god is some sort of "ruthless dictator". Is that why you are so afraid of god that you would rather go to Jesus instead?
No, the extent of what I said was a request for M*W to produce proof on why Muhammed was prophet. I don't believe I said any awful words, nor did I go into long arguments about why I think Muhammed is not a prophet.

1Dude said:
I hope I am wrong Flores but this is what I think.

Why are you hoping that you are wrong? You are very disturbed, and only you can help yourself get better.

1Dude said:
Your religion has done your heart little good since you set traps for people you have never met only to prey and devour them.

prey, devour, set traps??? Do you know anything about responbility, how would you know such a term? You are used to hang your problems on scape goats? You love to have others take the blame for your own doing? Isn't that what you think Jesus will be doing for you....Taking YOUR sins unto himself? Learn the meaning of responsbilities and denounce the corrupt teachings of the bible to torture and kill the prophets in the name of YOUR SINS. You came that way honey....already devoured with no self respect or confidance. I barely took a breath and your flimpsy self fell apart.

1Dude said:
You bring shame to your God and the Holy Book. Your religion is of no good to your own soul if you have no love for those who disagree with you.

Noone can bring shame to god. The god I believe in is above all. God brings shame to people...people can't touch god. I don't own a religion. The religion of god belongs with god with free pass to all people, it's not an exclusive doctrine, a membership, or an owned piece of land...I strive for acceptance in the religion of god and I'll not know if I'm saved until the last moment when god orders his decree on me. On the other hand, you think that you personally glorify your god, that your god is empty of glory without your little ass. You think you're saved already and thus you steal from god his judgement. You neither trust in god nor do you submit to god. You have a self made religion, a self made salvation, a self made image, and a self made god. You must be modern pagan.

1Dude said:
Your religion has done you no good if it teaches you to hate.

I don't hate you, you hate yourself. And let me tell you my philosophy. I'd rather have a friend that makes me cry now than make me smile now, then laugh at me later when I fall on my face. But obviously, you like people that make you feel good now, regardless of the tremendous harm that they may be causing you for eternity.

1Dude said:
If your religion does not teach you to hate then you are walking in sin and you are not true to your own faith. You have left the true faith. You have become as a man with no religion at all. You have a form of Godliness but do not allow your own religion to change your heart towards love. You only use it to justify your hate, your anger.

You know nothing of my heart, my faith, our common god, and how god will judge his servants? You are a hypocrite and a pagan for speaking on behalf of god.

1Dude said:
If you are angry now it is probably because I am correct in this. If you are not angry now then maybe there is hope for you.

I don't expect my hope from you...This would be like me relying on the dew on a single leaf to satisfy my thirst...My hope comes from the ocean of love and compassion...our common creator.

1Dude said:
What is in your heart right now Flores? Peace or Anger?

Both...God created me with all the proportions in varying degrees. My objective is to achieve peace within myself and to stop hating myself. Only when I learn how to deal with myself, that I'll know how to deal with others.

1Dude said:
It is my hope that I am wrong about you. If I am wrong then I apologize.
My Prayers and Hopes and my Love are Towards You!

I'd be better served and more happy if you direct your prayers, love, and hopes to yourself, your kins, your parents, your children, your wife, ect....regardless of their state. I wouldn't care if you hate me...I'm irrelevant to you. If you learn how to love yourself, you'll automatically love all.

1Dude said:
May all of the Blessings and Wisdom and Peace of God be Yours!
You are overdoing it...you only really wish me that stuff if I was you...and without realizing, you're being a hypocrite. Learn to love yourself first, and then I might just take your compliments sincerely.

Flores

Anger and Hate both destroy their followers.
I am sorry you have chosen to serve them.

1Dude said:
Flores

Anger and Hate both destroy their followers.
I am sorry you have chosen to serve them.

Stand infront of a mirror and repeat your own advice to yourself. Seems like you are preaching about hate and anger out of plenty of experiece...or you could be vomitting what you heard in church.

I don't hate you buddy, You're way too irrelevant for me to waste such negative resources on you....get over your complexes..I suggest you stop becoming the street lamp, because your own house is too damn dark.

1Dude said:
You have taught me a great deal already. Thank You!

Be proud and take credit for your life...I didn't teach you anything that wasn't there to start with.

Flores said:
Cut and paste from the Pearls of Wisdom site:
http://www.pearls.org/Jesus/deny_beign_god.html
Do christians have any objection to the arguments made

If I am standing in front of the IBM headquarters building, and a fellow employee unknowingly asked me "Is this your building, do you own this building?"

Then I replied "This Building is NOT MY OWN, but it belongs to The ONE WHO EMPLOYEES ME"

This would clarify to the person asking that I AM NOT THE OWNER, I am just one of the workers. I do not own the building (Universe) the one I work for owns it.

Another Example is:

If I am at a gathering of people in a friend's house, and a fellow guest unknowingly asked me, "Is this your house?" I would reply "This is not my house but it is the house of the ONE WHO INVITED ME"

This would clarify to the fellow guest that again, I am NOT THE OWNER of the house.

Did Jesus make such statements regarding his status, the words, the will and the power he used?

WORDS

"Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His

who sent Me." (John 7:16)

"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word

which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me." (John 14:24)

"For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak." (John 12:49)

WILL

"Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent

me, and to accomplish his work." (John 4:34)

"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but

the will of Him who sent Me." (John 6:38)

“Saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me;

nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."” (Luke 22:42)

POWER

"I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment

is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the

Father who sent Me." (John 5:30)

"I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master,

nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." (John 13:16)

"You heard me say, `I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you

loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." (John 14:28)

"Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me,

for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord,

but he sent me." (John 8:42)

"To sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for

those for whom it has been prepared by my Father" (Matthew 20:23 )

KNOWLEDGE

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in

heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (Mark 13:32 )

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of

heaven, but My Father only." (Matthew 24:36)

"So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who

sent me" (John 7:16 )

STATUS

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." Matthew ( 7:21 )

"And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. (John 5:37)

"And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good

but God alone." (Mark 10:18 )

"And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges." (John 8:50)

Some Christians, (not all) claim that Jesus _implied_ that he was God, from the above verses, we see that Jesus denied being God, it now leaves the Christians who believe Jesus is God to provide just one single verse in the Bible where Jesus says "I am God" there is no such verse, the God of Abraham in the Old Testament stated "I am God" over 200 times, yet oddly Jesus never uttered those three words once in the Gospel, so we see from the many quotes above, that the House did not belong to Jesus, it belonged to the One who Sent him.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
There your Proof

Back