isnt it wierd that we havent seen any aliens?

mars13

give me liberty
Registered Senior Member
if the galaxy is full of aliens,then why havent we seen any evidnce of them?

think about it.

all that space and all thoise hapitiable planets,and we havent seen one shread of evidence to suggest intelligent life anywhere but earth.

are they hiding from us?

even traveling at light speed it would take them millions of years to get here thats if they know that were here in the first place.

we have seen any evidnce of aliens because it doesnt exsist!

How do you know that some of the animal life that's here already isn't from another planet from a galaxy far beyond our own?

here is my favorite thing to say to people when they sak questions like this.

"Speculating, rationally or otherwise, upon the unknown falls to philosophy, not science."
Raithere. member, sciforums.com

mars13 said:

Because, as one undergraduate wag who shall remain nameless once put it: "All things considered, as Universes go, ours is surprisingly large for, y'know, a Universe..."

In practical terms it wouldn't matter a wang if indeed the Galaxy really was absolutely teeming with life all capable of travelling the ridiculous distances involved - as far as life here goes, doesn't make a sods worth of difference one way or the other.

Live in Los Angeles or anywhere on the border of Mexico and you'll see MANY aliens. :p

How do you know that some of the animal life that's here already isn't from another planet from a galaxy far beyond our own?

Damn, I was gonna say something along those lines. :\

- N

mars13 said:

think about it.

all that space and all thoise hapitiable planets,and we havent seen one shread of evidence to suggest intelligent life anywhere but earth.

are they hiding from us?

Ahh but the aliens have not seen us either!
The door swings both ways.
We don't have lightspeed and we are *allegedly* intelligent, we are alien to the aliens and they have not seen us, so why should we see them?

elfboy said:
even traveling at light speed it would take them millions of years to get here thats if they know that were here in the first place.

we have seen any evidnce of aliens because it doesnt exsist!

Like you know? i predict people in the future will lough at your stupendious claim. Even though i'm not particularly a believer in the anecdotes of others claiming they've seen ETs, i'm not going to be stupid and say they dont exist even with the odds stacked highly against me. UFOs, i'm sure without a reasonable doubt there are UFOs, but they're most probably man-made.

cosmictraveler said:

Because all animals are related to humans in ome way or another. We all began from single celled organisms, and if any odd DNA structure would be found i'm sure it would've been discovered and announced by now. Secondly, the odds that an animal from another world could survive in ours is very unlikely.

Serb05 said:
Like you know? i predict people in the future will lough at your stupendious claim. Even though i'm not particularly a believer in the anecdotes of others claiming they've seen ETs, i'm not going to be stupid and say they dont exist even with the odds stacked highly against me. UFOs, i'm sure without a reasonable doubt there are UFOs, but they're most probably man-made.

you're sure that there are unidentified flying objects?unidentified by who?if they are human made then they are identified by the humans who made them.or are we going by what a yokel can identify?

Serb05 said:

Haven't you been banned?

kenworth said:
you're sure that there are unidentified flying objects?unidentified by who?if they are human made then they are identified by the humans who made them.or are we going by what a yokel can identify?

Well if i reffered to them as, "weird airplanes or space/hovering crafts" i'm sure i wouldn't get a flood of people calling me a dolt. Good question though, you've contributed wisely.

Serb05 said:
Well if i reffered to them as, "weird airplanes or space/hovering crafts" i'm sure i wouldn't get a flood of people calling me a dolt. Good question though, you've contributed wisely.

so when you say you certainly believe in ufo's you mean that you believe that people are making weird aeroplanes/hovering craft?

kenworth said:
so when you say you certainly believe in ufo's you mean that you believe that people are making weird aeroplanes/hovering craft?

Ah, and he we are balancing on the knife edge. It depends who the 'people' are. If folks think the people that make the craft are from earth, the whole thing gets a resounding 'so what'? from me. We know the Skunkworks exists, so people seeing their creations is no big surprise.

If however folks think that the people that make the craft are ETIs, well, then it gets funny. Well, insane. But woowoos are deliberately vague on the subject in an attempt to have shred of cred.

glenn239 said:
Assuming that communication is possible, what incentive would ET have to talk to us?
The same we humans have in our interactions with animals. To learn and understand the universe around us.

sorry Serb05 what i ment was that aliens have not visted earth not that they dont exsist at all. im sure there is lots of life out there but they sure as hell dont care about us! :D

Back