Is there life after death?

Who says there's a point to any of this?

There is no point except the troll preacher has shown long after a thread SHOULD have died idiots like himself can keep it alive

Not quite life after death

:)

There is no point except the troll preacher has shown long after a thread SHOULD have died idiots like himself can keep it alive

Not quite life after death

One more for the road?

Is that what you keep telling yourself?

Last edited:
false assumption as to motive. it's actually quite native too. people suspect or believe in life after death for many different reasons, and the naive part is the idea that life after death assuages fears or makes everyone happy.

furthermore, your statement is typical (stereotypical) and naive in it's entirety and is just as much an assumption that there is no life after death. it's pretty obvious that even if there wasn't a particular you that survives after physical death ( may or may not be the case), there are repeated patterns in how life is 'recycled'. how is that happy to everyone, if they don't have a choice?

see, people like you think you've considered every angle and perspective but you only consider yours. you are as blind as someone who doesn't even consider the obvious that there are those who so wish to not exist that they commit suicide and yet you assume EVERYONE wants life after death or existence at all.

why it's amazingly naive is the idea that life after death automatically leads to 'assuage fear and to make us happy' part. if life here does not assuage all fears or make us all happy, then why do you assume the idea of life after death does? why would the idea of non-existence be worse or more fearful than existence? were you upset before you existed that you didn't exist? that's pretty moot, isn't it? but if someone said you have a choice of burning in hell for eternity in the afterlife versus not existing at all (no afterlife), i think the better choice is obvious.

or more like, how can one even assume that considering? are you that disconnected from reality to not realize that even current reality/existence can be or is hellish, painful, difficult, unfair, damaging etc?

literally ,what fuking reality do people like you live in? mary poppins?

especially as an adult to have the view that existence in this life or after life or any existence is always somehow better than non-existence is very unrealistic as to the price of existing actually entails.

nineLivesCOMIC.jpg

Hey, Musik, are you ever going to get round to providing what has been requested?
Or are you instead just going to confirm your time-wasting agenda here with more attempts at pithy exchanges?

Hey, Musik, are you ever going to get round to providing what has been requested?
Or are you instead just going to confirm your time-wasting agenda here with more attempts at pithy exchanges?
Probably not.

If I did reply it would probably be a severely edited version since it seems you are just punching "reply" oblivious to content that was brought up but two posts earlier.

I would argue that when the counter-agent in the discussion requires their opponent to remind them of what they said, that is the evidence that indicates who owns the pithy exchange and time wasting agenda. It just takes the form of trying to mount a discussion with a political campaigner reproducing sound bites while they stay on message.

Also, (given that the topic is about notions of identity beyond the body), having one of your buddies slyly introduce a racist agenda and no one batting an eyelid doesn't foster much enthusiasm that an indepth discussion of this topic with certain parties is warranted.

On the glass half full side, your contributions did play a role in my reply here ..
http://www.sciforums.com/threads/religious-proofs-are-nonsensical.160683/#post-3510827

That thread seems to offer a more contained environment for whatever good has arisen from this discussion.

Probably not.
Okay.
If I did reply it would probably be a severely edited version since it seems you are just punching "reply" oblivious to content that was brought up but two posts earlier.
And an example of such would be...?
I would argue that when the counter-agent in the discussion requires their opponent to remind them of what they said, that is the evidence that indicates who owns the pithy exchange and time wasting agenda. It just takes the form of trying to mount a discussion with a political campaigner reproducing sound bites while they stay on message.
Ah, so you not producing an actual argument when asked is really just everyone else's problem?
No one has asked you to remind them what you said (or if you think I have, please indicate where) rather than just to clarify and explain what you have said.
The rest seems just an excuse on your part to not provide it.
Also, (given that the topic is about notions of identity beyond the body), having one of your buddies slyly introduce a racist agenda and no one batting an eyelid doesn't foster much enthusiasm that an indepth discussion of this topic with certain parties is warranted.
If you have issue then use the report button - it is what it is there for.
Then, if you so desire, cease communication with that individual.
Using that as an excuse to cease communication with everyone else in the thread who are actually trying to hold discussion seems somewhat of an overreaction.
On the glass half full side, your contributions did play a role in my reply here ..
http://www.sciforums.com/threads/religious-proofs-are-nonsensical.160683/#post-3510827

That thread seems to offer a more contained environment for whatever good has arisen from this discussion.
I'll get round to reading it at some point, I'm sure.
But needless to say, your offering in this thread has done nothing to explain even why you think there is life after death (your argument going from the assumptions to that conclusion remains absent), let alone even consider the matter of proof.

But if you are done then so be it.

I was dying one time, an orange glow started to appear turned into a ring. Ring turned 3d into a orange glow I hear strange noises the noises sounded like this clip. Sound was 3d all around me.

I can only guess this was some other dimension or something. It was blurry and weird. I willed myself to come back to life out of it then went to the hospital. Hospital couldn't figure out what was wrong with me so they discharged me. I figured out what was wrong with me I had food poisoning but modern docs are too incompetent to figure this kind of stuff out.

I cant prove it... but i thank by the year 2050... the necessary technology to live forever will likely be a reality.!!!

One important part of the formula based on what was found out in my wife's nation, Ecuador, in The Valley of Longevity, is that our human bodies need at least eighty or more trace minerals......... and getting them into our bodies is amazingly inexpensive. More than forty trace minerals have been added to pig feed to decrease the cost of medical care for pigs.

Although I personally believe in life after death it seems logical that we should make a sincere effort to improve both health as well as longevity so that we don't find out the full answer to this question earlier than necessary.

...our human bodies need at least eighty or more trace minerals......... and getting them into our bodies is amazingly inexpensive. More than forty trace minerals have been added to pig feed to decrease the cost of medical care for pigs.

Although I personally believe in life after death it seems logical that we should make a sincere effort to improve both health as well as longevity so that we don't find out the full answer to this question earlier than necessary.

Bein in my 70s im perty sure im gonna miss the boat on technological immortality... but like you im hopeful for lots more years... an one potential prollem is that in my religion pigs ant on the menu.!!!

Hmmm... mayb i will take a vitamin :p

Bein in my 70s im perty sure im gonna miss the boat on technological immortality... but like you im hopeful for lots more years... an one potential prollem is that in my religion pigs ant on the menu.!!!

Hmmm... mayb i will take a vitamin :p

Actually.... I don't eat pigs either it is just that pigs get many of the same diseases as we humans get.....
so it is interesting that adding forty or more trace minerals to pig feed saved farmers a lot of money on their pigs getting cancer, diabetes, heart disease and arthritis, (arthritis might not have been the fourth disease they were trying to prevent but it has been a long time since I read the article on this).

Some scientists did do a mail in multi choice survey

All the replies went to the dead letter office

Were the responses coded into a feedback loop scientific method cross referenced double blind experiment standards of validation correlation coefficient

What size file cabinet was used. The file was locked?

Corporate data mining, privacy issues, capitalist dog food fed by a monkey sitting on my head.

Were the responses coded into a feedback loop scientific method cross referenced double blind experiment standards of validation correlation coefficient

What size file cabinet was used. The file was locked?

Corporate data mining, privacy issues, capitalist dog food fed by a monkey sitting on my head.
DEAD LETTER OFFICE

Unclaimed after 3 months
Shredded
Used as packing

Back