Is sin a by-product of free will?

And since people who don't sin have free will, why not just make people of such good character?

No, the whole Christian God thing doesn't work.

Sarkus,

So who is this debt, for transgressing God's laws by the virtue of being born, owed to?

Nature.

And if God is the cause of everything, is he not the cause of us being born?

It stands to reason, yes.

So why and how is he transgressing his own laws by causing us to be born?

We are causing us to be born.
Prison only exist if there people who transgress laws.

Wouldn't that be rather hypocritical of him, to disobey his own laws?

I don't know what you mean.

jan.

I guess I must have doubts all the time, when I'm not thinking about God.

To what do you attribute you'r lifelong perfect relationship wit God:::

You were givin a special soul because it was in Gods plan that you woud be one of his chosen.???
You had no advantages over others who have questoned Gods existence;;; you'r superiority in that respect is completely self made.???

It stands to reason, yes.
And in your next sentence...
Jan Ardena said:
We are causing us to be born.
So he is the cause of us causing ourselves to be born?
Prison only exist if there people who transgress laws.
So he causes us to be born knowing that in doing so we are going to prison?
I don't know what you mean.
Clearly. Following logic and not contradicting yourself has been a noted struggle of yours.
Let me spell it out a touch more clearly:
- God is the cause of us being born (you have admitted that this stands to reason).
- Being born into the material world means we have transgressed God's law (this is what you wrote).
- Therefore God is the cause of us transgressing His laws.
And since he punishes us for it, I would consider that hypocritical. Don't you? Or maybe not hypocritical but sadistic? Would that be a better description?

Sarkus,

And in your next sentence...
So he is the cause of us causing ourselves to be born?
So he causes us to be born knowing that in doing so we are going to prison?

Knowing that in doing so we are likely to incur more debt, because we are basically ignorant of our spiritual identity.

Clearly. Following logic and not contradicting yourself has been a noted struggle of yours.

We're going here again are we?

God is the cause of us being born (you have admitted that this stands to reason).

Okay.

Being born into the material world means we have transgressed God's law (this is what you wrote).

Okay.

Therefore God is the cause of us transgressing His laws.

No.

And since he punishes us for it, I would consider that hypocritical. Don't you?

It is a simple case of the law of karma (fiction or non). Every action we make, is met with a subsequent reaction which has to be repaid.

Or maybe not hypocritical but sadistic? Would that be a better description?

For you, maybe.

jan.

Knowing that in doing so we are likely to incur more debt, because we are basically ignorant of our spiritual identity.
So he causes us to go to prison, knowing that we are likely to incur more debt?
Don't tell me: "tough love", right?
Or sadist.
Matter of opinion, I guess.
We're going here again are we?
Who the cap fits.
Jan Ardena said:
Sarkus said:
God is the cause of us being born (you have admitted that this stands to reason).
Okay.
Sarkus said:
Being born into the material world means we have transgressed God's law (this is what you wrote).
Okay.
Therefore God is the cause of us transgressing His laws.
No.
You're going to have to explain that one, Jan. In my book, if X causes Y and Y means Z then X causes Z. So what is wrong with that?
It is a simple case of the law of karma (fiction or non). Every action we make, is met with a subsequent reaction which has to be repaid.
But if God caused us to be born, why should we be punished rather than the one that causes that which breaks his law? As said, seems sadistic: "I'm going to cause you to do something wrong, over which you have no control, and because it breaks one of my laws, I'm also going to have to punish you for myyour transgression."
Or maybe it's just simply stupid.

StrangerInAStrangeLa,

Why don't you use the reply function?

Sin are transgressions of God's laws.

A less clear way of saying sin is disobeying god.
How many ways can you come up with to say what I say while arguing against it.

Being born into the material world means we have transgressed God's law, and now we are bound to pay the debt in order to be redeemed.

Being born does not mean that. Simply being born cannot involve any transgression & cannot obligate anyone to any debt. Further, there cannot be any god's law without a god. I'm not certain who all you think are in that we but I am certain I am not bound to any such debt & never was.
Again, people are not to blame for what they are born into & cannot owe any debt for it.
IF an omnipotent god wants me to obey, it will tell me. Until then you are only babbling bullshit.

That's quite amusing.

Your arrogance is amusing. Most atheists were once very much like you before they came to their senses.

You still go on&on&on&on making claims with no evidence.

So who is this debt, for transgressing God's laws by the virtue of being born, owed to?
So why and how is he transgressing his own laws by causing us to be born? Wouldn't that be rather hypocritical of him, to disobey his own laws?

John 3:42 "Do as I say, not as I do."

Sarkus,

So he causes us to go to prison, knowing that we are likely to incur more debt?

Do you know of any laws of civilized, that causes any of it's citizens to go to prison?

You're going to have to explain that one, Jan. In my book, if X causes Y and Y means Z then X causes Z. So what is wrong with that?

Karma means action, work or deed;[1] it also refers to the principle of causality where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual. Good intent and good deed contribute to good karma and future happiness, while bad intent and bad deed contribute to bad karma and future suffering

But if God caused us to be born, why should we be punished rather than the one that causes that which breaks his law?

Define ''cause''.

As said, seems sadistic: "I'm going to cause you to do something wrong, over which you have no control, and because it breaks one of my laws, I'm also going to have to punish you for myyour transgression."
Or maybe it's just simply stupid.

How is creating the conditions for a transgressor, equipped with their own free will, causing them to do something wrong?

How have you concluded that the transgressor has no control, despite having a free will?

Regarding punishment see the karma quote.

jan.

Do you know of any laws of civilized, that causes any of it's citizens to go to prison?
Sure, because we hold them responsible for their actions.
But we don't ethically imprison them due to being born, given that we are not responsible for our own birth, nor do we make being born a criminal act.

But it's nice that you compare God and his abilities to that of a mere civilisation.
Karma means action, work or deed;[1] it also refers to the principle of causality where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual. Good intent and good deed contribute to good karma and future happiness, while bad intent and bad deed contribute to bad karma and future suffering
Great, so we are born without having done anything wrong that we can be held ethically accountable for, and immediately get slapped with some debt.
You aren't doing much to paint a picture of a fair and just God, Jan. Everything you say seems merely to confirm the notion that God is rather cruel.
Define ''cause''.
Cause[url="http://
[quote]How is creating the conditions for a transgressor, equipped with their own free will, causing them to do something wrong?[/quote]How does freewill relate to our birth?
Did you have freewill over your birth?
[quote]How have you concluded that the transgressor has no control, despite having a free will?[/quote]In so far as the transgression is our birth, yes, very much so. I'm intrigued as to how you think we can possibly have freewill over our own birth?
(FYI: for purposes of this discussion I will accept the premise that freewill actually exists).
[quote]Regarding punishment see the karma quote.[/quote]Regarding a God who punishes those who have no freewill over the action he punishes them for, see my previous comments regarding the apparent nature of such a God"]
How does freewill relate to our birth?
Did you have freewill over your birth?
How have you concluded that the transgressor has no control, despite having a free will?
In so far as the transgression is our birth, yes, very much so. I'm intrigued as to how you think we can possibly have freewill over our own birth?
(FYI: for purposes of this discussion I will accept the premise that freewill actually exists).
Regarding punishment see the karma quote.
Regarding a God who punishes those who have no freewill over the action he punishes them for, see my previous comments regarding the apparent nature of such a God.[/url]

Sarkus,

Sure, because we hold them responsible for their actions.

But we don't ethically imprison them due to being born, given that we are not responsible for our own birth, nor do we make being born a criminal act.

I didn't that souls are imprisoned due to being born.
You said that.

But it's nice that you compare God and his abilities to that of a mere civilisation.

I didn't compare God and His abilities to a civilisation.
You're doing that.

Great, so we are born without having done anything wrong that we can be held ethically accountable for, and immediately get slapped with some debt.

It is our actions that causes us to be born again and again. The material manifestation is caused by God, so that we can be born.

You aren't doing much to paint a picture of a fair and just God, Jan. Everything you say seems merely to confirm the notion that God is rather cruel.

Oh well.

God is the original cause, of the material manifestation, using the reasonable assumption.

The material manifestation is the atmosphere where conditioned souls, act.

The conditioned soul is such because at some point it decided to become independent of God (consider the story of Adam and Eve).

In ignorance, the conditioned soul wanders from birth to birth. Until the soul remembers it original identity, and it's relation to God. At point the soul take birth in a pious family, and cultivate God consciousness.

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

In so far as the transgression is our birth, yes, very much so.

I'm intrigued as to how you think we can possibly have freewill over our

I never said the transgression is our birth. Go back and read carefully what I said, then ask questions based on what I said instead of jumping the gun.

I’m raising the royal flag, as we speak.

Jan.

Last edited:
To what do you attribute you'r lifelong perfect relationship wit God:::

The reasonable assumption: If God exist then we can reasonably assume everything is evidence of God.

You were givin a special soul because it was in Gods plan that you woud be one of his chosen.???

The reasonable assumption does not account for this, and as such I cannot recognize it as plausible consequence of it.

You had no advantages over others who have questoned Gods existence;;; you'r superiority in that respect is completely self made.???

The reasonable assumption entertains no such notion.

jan.

Back