Is sexual jealousy inappropriate?

Sexual jealousy: is it time to get over it?

• Total voters
Well thanks. This place is more interesting when dialogue includes the investigation of our own ideas as well as those of others. I think your answer is quite typical and I myself could have listed those same influences. Experience is the test though, I mean we can all say to ourselves 'oh I would never do this or that, its outside of my moral compass' na-ni-na-na but life can offer us some pretty difficult or enticing moments. I am not sure if any one of us can be 100% sure how we will react in a number of given situations. We mentally decide what our moral compass is and pretty much stay within those limits but maybe we do so because we are not presented with situations that challenge them. For example I say I will never kill anyone because its wrong, senseless even, but I also have never ever been in a situation where I was faced with that desire or decision; its almost as if its not one of my choices because life has not presented me that particular situation.

Last edited:
Very true. How can a person know how they will react in a situation? They may say that they would do something but there is no telling if they could carry it through.

For me it would be like saying that I'd take a bullet for any of my family. But if they were shot at would I be able to act in that instance. I really don't know. I would hope that I would be able to throw myself in the way. Then again I usually try and defend people and stick up for them, (depending on circumstance obviously).

Back