is miscarriage immoral?

If you go by that theory, Marie, then driving a car should be illegal, too! In addition to thousands of other things that humans do almost daily.

Sorry, Marie, but it seems to me that you're pushing the envelope of legalities to the far, far limit of ones comprehension!

Baron Max

If you kill someone while driving a car recklessly you can very well be charged with 2nd degree murder. Don't see how I'm stretching anything.

getting pregnant is a gambling game anyways, if you knew your grandmother died of heart disease would that be immoral to conceive a child due to genetics. no.

i would certainly consider it immoral. i can understand them wanting a child, but if having "one of their own" means that this child will suffer its entire life, then it is better to destroy the fetus before it develops sentience.

if we are to assume that abortion is immoral, then is it also immoral to become pregnant when miscarriage is a near certainty?
No. A miscarriage is the will of God. An abortion is an act of man. Ergo, only God is allowed to perform abortions.

~Raithere

A miscarriage is an unintentional virtue - like a rich person unknowingly having a c-note drop out of his pocket in front of a homeless person.

i would certainly consider it immoral. i can understand them wanting a child, but if having "one of their own" means that this child will suffer its entire life, then it is better to destroy the fetus before it develops sentience.

Well than human race would end, for no one has perfect genes, and no one is perfect, your morals are nonsensical. So I would guess your not going to fuck any women without protection, for they might be holding a "bad" gene or you may be carrying a "bad" gene that you aren't even aware, that would just be irresponsible and immoral.

no, but i dont see abortion as immoral myself. i would have no problem with my partner getting an abortion. i would actually insist on it if we were to discover the fetus had the defective heart genes that run in my family.

no, but i dont see abortion as immoral myself. i would have no problem with my partner getting an abortion. i would actually insist on it if we were to discover the fetus had the defective heart genes that run in my family.

that's entirely cynical of you.
So many great people with health problems have done amazing things on this planet. So you agree with an abortion but somehow it's not okay to put risk into the beauty of life?

Plus, just because someone is prone to miscarriages doesn't mean they will be able to birth a child. If an abortion is okay then someone that actually wants a baby should be able to do such a thing. My mother had a miscarriage after two children, but she didn't stop there her next to labors were perfect babies, me being the greatest at last.

Last edited:
Plus, just because someone is prone to miscarriages doesn't mean they will be able to birth a child. If an abortion is okay then someone that actually wants a baby should be able to do such a thing. My mother had a miscarriage after two children, but she didn't stop there her next to labors were perfect babies, me being the greatest at last.

re-read my first post. we are assuming that abortion is NOT okay for this hypothetical. you asked me for my personal views, and i gave them, along with the reasoning that i am not opposed to abortion, however if i was i would certainly see intentional miscarriage as no different

that's entirely cynical of you.
So many great people with health problems have done amazing things on this planet. So you agree with an abortion but somehow it's not okay to put risk into the beauty of life?

cynical of me? i dont really see how. while my brother has been incredibly lucky in that he has been able to have 2 open-heart surgeries and a donor valve which - after 20 years of daily medication and being unable to participate in nearly every physical activity the rest of us did - means he can finally live a normal life. but not everyone is that lucky, a lot of people in his situation are unable to get the necessary transplants and surgeries, and the effects are a lot worse. so yes, i would rather abort a fetus if i knew it risked the same condition.

cynical of me? i dont really see how. while my brother has been incredibly lucky in that he has been able to have 2 open-heart surgeries and a donor valve which - after 20 years of daily medication and being unable to participate in nearly every physical activity the rest of us did - means he can finally live a normal life. but not everyone is that lucky, a lot of people in his situation are unable to get the necessary transplants and surgeries, and the effects are a lot worse. so yes, i would rather abort a fetus if i knew it risked the same condition.

my father died of a rear heart condition at age 42 when I was 9.
He was not incredible lucky, but his life was worth living because he took care of those who loved him.

re-read my first post. we are assuming that abortion is NOT okay for this hypothetical. you asked me for my personal views, and i gave them, along with the reasoning that i am not opposed to abortion, however if i was i would certainly see intentional miscarriage as no different

I read you post. I am talking about your personal issues.

I would consider it pretty poor judgment and very selfish on my part of I actually tried to conceive right now. I know that my reproductive system is functioning properly right now and my hormones have gone haywire. If I got pregnant my body would terminate the pregnancy at the end of the month. I know that the drugs I'm taking to keep from being in pain are toxic to a developing fetus. So even if by some miracle that my body actually felt like working correctly for a year and the chemicals in the drugs I take for some reason didn't kill the baby. It would be poisoned and most likely not go on to be healthy and live a normal life. I think it would be rather cruel of me to intentionally get pregnant when I know my baby won't be in a safe environment and most likely will die. Maybe it's just me but that would be a bit selfish on my part. I want a child one day, but if I don't get any better I'm not going and try and wish for healthy child. If it did live and came out all messed up I could never forgive myself as that would be 100% my fault.

the answer to the OP is yes

but why do some of you think abortion is immoral in the first place?

the answer to the OP is yes

but why do some of you think abortion is immoral in the first place?

why do you think misscariage is immoral?

people cant help misscarieing while people who go ahead and have abortions can help what they do

A preconceived outcome

Lucifer's Angel said:

why do you think misscariage is immoral?

people cant help misscarieing while people who go ahead and have abortions can help what they do

I would only point out that the topic post set some fairly narrow conditions on the context of immorality. The question is specifically designed to elicit an affirmative answer.

people cant help miscarriage

hmm... ever thought of maybe not getting pregnant? thats like saying i cant help crashing my car if i go for a drive while to pissed to even stand up, i could easily do so by just not driving if i knew there was a very good chance i would crash.

Back