Is masturbation a sin or a wonderful gift from God for all to enjoy?

Originally posted by inkaboutit
The term, “self-abuse is base on all the medical lies of
the past which all have been clearly lies. Masturbation
in no way is self –abuse, ...
"Masturbation: The primary sexual activity of mankind. In the
nineteenth century it was a disease; in The twentieth, it's a
cure." -Thomas S. Szasz M.D.

>>>>>>Machaon Advice>>>>> Cleanliness is the single most important guard against the dangers of self-abuse. Young men must be ever vigilant in keeping their "less seemly members" (I Cor. 12:23) scrupulously clean.

*******inkaboutit reply*****I don’t know if this is a joke or for real. But 1 Cor 12 is compare many different spiritual gifts to many different members of the Church, and all are very important to compare to the important of a body parts to the body, that all parts are very important on the body. 1 Cor 12 has nothing about cleanliness or washing the body at all as noted in the post. So I guess the poster is making a joke or just taking it out of context.

1 Cor 12:23 and 24 "And the parts of the body we think are less deserving are the parts to which we give the most honor. We give special respect to the parts we want to hide. 12:24 The more respectable parts of our body need no special care. But God put the body together and gave more honor to the parts that need it "

But what is interesting about 1 Cor 12:23- 24 is that we do give special honor to our "private" parts. What special honor do we give them? Masturbation? Sex with a partner? sex play? oral sex? The poster must think that giving special honor to your private part means to wash them more.

But most people the only reason they may wash the hide parts: your underarm pit, crouch area, your asshole, is because these areas may be the most smelly odors, sweaty, areas of the body and may cause more odors then other parts.

I don't think of that as honor, but to keep clean, to prevent unpleasant odors.

To me honor would be Masturbation, Sex with a partner, sex play, oral sex. During these sex play times we all give our private parts much honor, because they give back to us much pleasure and enjoyment.

New Century Version

1 Corinthians 12:22
No! Those parts of the body that seem to be the weaker are really necessary.
12:23
And the parts of the body we think are less deserving are the parts to which we give the most honor. We give special respect to the parts we want to hide.
12:24
The more respectable parts of our body need no special care. But God put the body together and gave more honor to the parts that need it
12:25
so our body would not be divided. God wanted the different parts to care the same for each other.
12:26
If one part of the body suffers, all the other parts suffer with it. Or if one part of our body is honored, all the other parts share its honor.

Masturbation is a vice but so is making love if you think about it, you have to do one or the other though or you will get testicular or ovarian or some other type of cancer. Damned if you don't, damned if you do.

Masturbation is a vice
M is as much a vice as is watching TV or listening to music. All provide pleasure.

The problem with religion is that it tends to discourage personal pleasure. The Taliban was an interesting case where music and TV were banned.

Back