Is Jesus God?

EmptyForceOfChi

Banned
Banned
To christian type people?, I am getting confused a little. Is jesus the son of god in a human form or is jesus god who came down in a human form?.

If jesus talks to god then he is talking to himself?, or is god seperate from jesus?. Christianity is confusing me lately as to wha they believe. It seems like some people think jesus is the lord god, but some people think he was the son of god sent to earth.

So what is he, son of god in human form or is he actualy god who gave us a visit?.

Please try to keep the thread on topic I do not care if jesus is real or not in this thread, or if religion is stupid, or if you think god does not exist. This is a thread dedicated to beliefs of christians and what they think jesus is according to the bible and shit.

peace.

It depends on what Christian you ask.
Some sects believe he was the divine begotten son of God (which I think his words betray).
Some sects beleive he was the physical manifestation of God on Earth (which I NEVER understood).
Some sects believe he was an enlightened teacher trying to lead others to enligtenment (that's the one I'd bet on).

Anthropologically speaking, when you look at the story of Jesus, he is but one of many gods described by Judeo-Christian mythology. There's Yahweh/Elohim, Jesus, Satan and, depending upon what qualities one bothers to assign to another in order to regard them as a deity, several angels like Gabriel, Michael, Raphael and several saints like Joseph of Cupertino could also be defined as gods. They have supernatural powers, people pray to them, etc.

Doubtless, there are cults within Christianity that do not regard these entities as gods or even deities, but the fact remains that many people worship Jesus, Mary, Joseph, pray to saints and angels and regard Satan as being all-powerful; all-knowing; all-present. These are all qualities of gods throughout the history of humanity.

I was raised that God was The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost. 3 parts of 1 thing. And a shamrock was used as to how that worked.

It's all very convoluted, Chi. I don't know if this is intentional, or just because they really couldn't explain it any better. As a matter of fact, I occasionally wonder if the entire Bible is just an early version of fiction...bad fiction, at that...

But yes, Jesus is supposedly, in the end, just a part of God. I still don't know if I ever learned just what the hell the Holy Ghost is supposed to be...

I always heard the water analogy - water has three forms, liquid, solid, gas but it's all water.

The father - holy ghost is moderately stolen from Judaism.

In Judaism there is multiple versions of the name of G*d; however there is one root one. That one root one is 'G*d'. The "holy ghost" was stolen from the "Old Testament" when it discusses the "Shechena" which roughly means the holy essence. It's believed in Judaism that the visions a person has is provided to him by his G*d and this image has levels of Shechena...the different levels correspond to the intrinsic principals of an object you can see. When it is strong with you then you see things more as they intrinsically are.

Initially Christians believed Yeshki was a perfect man; that he did no wrong. Thus he must have been special and inherently the messiah. Later when Roman Catholicism broke off from Eastern Orthodoxy (Which still holds he was just messiah) other religions concepts were implemented into Catholicism. Before he was believed to be the word incarnate; such as the word was perfect...and he was the incarnation of the word. Later versions felt he was directly the result of divine intervention with Mary, and that Mary was a virgin impregnated and that her sons father was literally god. Later when 3rd day ascendancy was implemented, he became literally their god. Thus he was now considered to be equal to him.

Jesus became God in order to solve some Theological Problems.. to tie up loose ends.

Jesus had started out as the Messiah -- he had been Prophecies to be King of Kings. The Gospel of Luke supports this notion in that we are told of the Zoroastrian Kings who show up at about the time of the Birth of Jesus proclaiming that their own Prophecies as well as Hebrew Prophecy support the idea that there will be a World Messiah, and that Baby Jesus is IT.

When Jesus was executed his own Apostles were at a loss as to how to interpret such an event and move forward from it. It was left to one of their former enemies... well, he continued to remain an Enemy to the Genuine Apostles of Jesus and went off with his own Convenient Doctrine... of course I am speaking of Paul. Paul said that Jesus was never meant to be a Messiah, and that he was born only to die as a perfect sacrifice for the Forgiveness of Sins and the Abolition of the Jewish Law.

This is where the thorny Theological Issues arise. If Jesus was only a Man, or even a Super Man with the Grace of God, his Sacrifice could hardly be valued against the Universal Forgiveness of All Sins. What the Blood of Jesus was supposed to accomplish was simply too great. Jesus had to be made the Same as God in order for the Large Bill to be Paid.

Oh, likewise Protestants had to come up with the Doctrine that All Words in the Bible are the Veritable Words of God. Why? Well, because the Teachings of Jesus are consistently ignored in order to place in force the dubious words of Paul. So they had to find a way to make Paul equal to Jesus, and then Superior over Jesus. So, simply by virtue that the Catholics would have a close vote that would incorporate the writings of Paul into the Bible some 300 years later, Paul was risen up to the Status of a God, more to be believed than Jesus on the Theory that Once Jesus was Dead and Gone, Paul would be able to decide that Everything had thereby Changed and there would be a new Paulist Dispensation, raising up Sin and Gentiles while being contemptuous of Righteousness, the Law, and the Jews.

To christian type people?, I am getting confused a little. Is jesus the son of god in a human form or is jesus god who came down in a human form?
Depends on what form a Christian theology you're talking about.

In mainstream Trinitarian, or Nicene, Christianity, the theological view to which the most and the largest Christian denominations ascribe, he's seen as both Son of god and god himself, as part of the Trinity.
In other ones, like Arianism, which is unitarian in its theological view, he's seen as just a man who was divinely inspired, but the messiah nonetheless. In Nestorianism, he's seen as a divinely-inspired man who became part of god, the Son, after his death.

Nestorianism died out for the most part, except for two instances: Nestorianism became popular in the Mongol Empire via the Assyrian Church of the East; and the modern Assyrian Church itself, which has about 170,000 members. Arianism itself died out completely, though its Unitarian theology resurfaced numerous other times.

The joys of the trinity. It's something I have never been able to totally understand, but here's how I think about it. Jesus is God incarnate. God was still God while Jesus walked the Earth, but Jesus was God at that time as well. The Holy Spirit is also God. But I won't get into that.

I tend to think of them as God's different ways of relating to man. One-as man. One-as definer of perfection, One-as helping us with internals.

Don't get too caught up in the physicality of it all.

The joys of the trinity. It's something I have never been able to totally understand, but here's how I think about it. Jesus is God incarnate. God was still God while Jesus walked the Earth, but Jesus was God at that time as well. The Holy Spirit is also God. But I won't get into that.

I tend to think of them as God's different ways of relating to man. One-as man. One-as definer of perfection, One-as helping us with internals.

Don't get too caught up in the physicality of it all.

How does Kali fit into all of this?

What are you talking about? Christianity is monotheistic; even Trinitarian Christianity holds that the three persons of the Trinity are part of One God.
Whereas Kali is a goddess of the Hindu pantheon.

While I believe in the notion of multiple gods, Christianity does not, thus the question of where other deities fit into Christian theology is rendered null and void.

To christian type people?, I am getting confused a little. Is jesus the son of god in a human form or is jesus god who came down in a human form?.

If jesus talks to god then he is talking to himself?, or is god seperate from jesus?. Christianity is confusing me lately as to wha they believe. It seems like some people think jesus is the lord god, but some people think he was the son of god sent to earth.

So what is he, son of god in human form or is he actualy god who gave us a visit?.

Please try to keep the thread on topic I do not care if jesus is real or not in this thread, or if religion is stupid, or if you think god does not exist. This is a thread dedicated to beliefs of christians and what they think jesus is according to the bible and shit.

peace.

Jesus is the Word

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So Jesus was with God and Jesus was God.

John 1
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

So Jesus became flesh and dwelt on earth.

Thomas declared Jesus to be God and Jesus declared all who believed it are blessed.

John 20
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

John's Revelation reveals Jesus to be the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last.

9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; 16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen.

Isaiah 44
6Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his Redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Who is our Redeemer? who is the LORD of hosts?

1 Chronicles 17
24 So let it be established, that Your name may be magnified forever, saying, ‘The LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, is Israel’s God.’ And let the house of Your servant David be established before You.

And he will come again in glory to judge the world.

Revelation 19
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[e] a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

None of the above scripture says Jesus is god or the son of god.

In the KJV, Jesus never said he is the son of god or that he is god.

Back