Is It Right To Execute Others?

Sorry, still catching up...

As for the cost of incarceration being born by the taxpayer and that's not fair...

Your argument is logical, but not in 21st Century America. It costs more to execute a prisoner than to feed and house him for the rest of his life because of all the mandatory legal processes and because by the time you do it you've usually had him for ten years already.

Furthermore, if the taxpayers really cared about the costs of incarceration they'd demand that the Supreme Court start enforcing the Constitution and turn loose everyone who's in for a non-violent violation of one of the myriad unconstitutional drug laws. As of this writing they account for more than half of our prison population. Murderers are a trifle compared to that enormous expense. We're actually being forced to build new prisons in order to house consenting adults who are guilty of nothing more than using recreational drugs and selling them to each other.

how about: justice is vengence that is fair. mine is closer.

NO it's not because the idea of whats wrong and whats not is based on what the justice system considers to be so. There are many things that are not fair (differences based on period of time, e.g. rape laws that excluded marital rape until recently) and there have been many instances when the justice system has been in the wrong (wrongful executions) with no consequences to itself.

Crunchy Cat has the right idea.

NO it's not because the idea of whats wrong and whats not is based on what the justice system considers to be so.
and the problem with that is?
edit:
that isn't correct, the justice system is governed by the will of the people, therefor the people considers what is right and wrong. but that isn't true either cause the justice system rarely executes anyone. it sounds like a balance of the two, if you described "balance" could you use "fair"?
There are many things that are not fair (differences based on period of time, e.g. rape laws that excluded marital rape until recently) and there have been many instances when the justice system has been in the wrong (wrongful executions) with no consequences to itself.

Crunchy Cat has the right idea.
okay.

Last edited:
i'm not very good at semantics. what do you mean by "objective fair"
i feel a philosophy debate coming on.

Back