Is it right for homosexuals to be able to adopt??

should it be?

• Mum and dad?

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Dad and Dad?

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Mum and mum?

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sly1 said:
In no way is it fair to the kid. He is already an orphan will have to deal with those issues......toss in that his parents are homosexual.....which isnt very popular by the way......and that kid is going to have a very rough life.

Do you base your opinion on personal knowledge?

The studies I have read do not come to the same conclusions...
i.e.
Stacey and Biblarz also found that the children of homosexual parents show no difference in levels of self-esteem, anxiety, depression, behavior problems, or social performance, but do show a higher level of affection, responsiveness, and concern for younger children and "seem to exhibit impressive psychological strength."

Do you base your opinion on personal knowledge?

The studies I have read do not come to the same conclusions...
i.e.

and where do these studies come from?

I base my opinion on how I feel on the subject.......nothing more really. You could show me a study that kids raised by homosexuals turned out to be the best people on earth. Somehow it still doesnt seem right......

Somehow a kid without a home feels just as wrong......Im sure there is a heterosexual family out there somewhere who would raise an orphaned child.......

The homosexual phenomena is just so bass ackwards to me. I will never understand it no matter how hard I try to wrap my head around it. I am an exremely open minded person and can accept most anything......but homosexual adoption is just one I can't seem to get past.

To each his own is something I try to live by.......but when it involves the future (children) I get a bit more involved.......

Biting my tounge to keep the thread chill..........

I base my opinion on how I feel on the subject.......nothing more really. You could show me a study that kids raised by homosexuals turned out to be the best people on earth. Somehow it still doesnt seem right......

Somehow a kid without a home feels just as wrong......Im sure there is a heterosexual family out there somewhere who would raise an orphaned child.......

The homosexual phenomena is just so bass ackwards to me. I will never understand it no matter how hard I try to wrap my head around it. I am an exremely open minded person and can accept most anything......but homosexual adoption is just one I can't seem to get past.

To each his own is something I try to live by.......but when it involves the future (children) I get a bit more involved.......

Then you admit that your opinion is based on your own lack of knowledge/experience of homosexuals and what it would mean for a child to be raised by a same sex couple.
The point is that there are plenty of children waiting to be adopted, more than enough for all the homosexual couples that want to care for them. So why deny children the chance to live in a home with loving parents because of a simple prejudice towards gay people?

Me and my girlfriend are expecting our first child any day now, and if something happened that meant we could no longer take care of our child I would much rather our child was adopted by a gay couple than raised in an orphange or sent from one foster home to another until adulthood. I know people that grew up in children's homes, and their testimony is heart breaking.

So if you had the choice between giving an orphan homosexual parents and giving an orphan no parents, which would you choose?

But you just admitted that your stance on homosexuality was based on feelings and not reason. How the hell do you feel that is okay?

sly1 said:

Child Welfare League of America
Children's Voice Article, January 2002
Gay Adoption
by Kristen Kreisher

Here is a link to the article cited in the article:
(How) Does the Sexual Orientation of Parents Matter?, pp. 159-183
Judith Stacey; Timothy J. Biblarz
http://www.jstor.org/view/00031224/d...3&config=jstor

I find it interesting that you would form a conclusion based on a feeling regardless of published research.

This is taken from an abstract:
"years of research have proven that orphanage children suffer personality disorders and underdeveloped cognitive and social skills (Ford & Kroll, 1995)."

www.gsm.uci.edu/~mckenzie/McCall.doc

This is an interesting site regarding foster care/adoption...

http://www.childrensrights.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Issues_Adopt

lets put all the puffs in san fran sisco

But, I like them too and I'm not willing to go all the way to Sf to get some. :(
Cheetos-Puffs.jpg

Point taken, But I still think that females are more suited to caring for children.

very few subjects totaly get my blood to boil.......this is one that is on the very top of the list.

Be a homosexual I dont care, whatever......do your thing in your own privacy and be discreet about it as you would expect any other couple......

however......adopting a easily influenced young child, who is going to have enough issues growing up in a normal heterosexual family is not very considerate to the child.......all just so you can play "house" and have your "family"

In no way is it fair to the kid. He is already an orphan will have to deal with those issues......toss in that his parents are homosexual.....which isnt very popular by the way......and that kid is going to have a very rough life.

Homosexuals may be lovey dovey etc etc.....but love only goes so far...

I do wonder though........considering the possible implications on the child being raised by a homosexual family........is it worth it for you to have your family?

Will someone please answer this? I've posted this 2 times before with only one person responding.

One of my friends of the family, who is gay in a relationship and has been for nearly 40 years, adopted at kid. Due to the laws at the time, the adoption agency did not know of his sexual orientation or relationship status. As far as they knew, he was a single white male who made a good living. The child (a boy, we'll call him "Jake") was just over 1 year old at the time of adoption. Today that same kid is now a 31 year old man who, like is father, became a well respected, good hearted man. He is one of my closest friends. However UNLIKE his parents, he is a STRAIGHT man, now married with a second child on the way. If you did not know he was from a same-sex family, you would never guess because you can't tell. I've known "Jake" for most of my life back to my childhood and can tell you first hand that his bringing up in a same-sex home had little, if no effect at all on his childhood or adulthood. He's always known that he was attracted to the opposite sex and has always been comfortable with the fact that he has two fathers. There's alot less confusion that one may think.

So for those of you that think that being raised in a same sex home can make a child gay or have issues later on in life, please explain this case and the thousands of others like it.

I dare say some homosexual parents would be better parents than some heterosexuals. Just my cents worth.

Re: should men be boycotted http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=74070&highlight=boycotted

There was a thread on this forum on "whether men should be boycotted" by rather annonymous user Truenemo1889. I randomly read the thread though I thought I was in kindergarten again. First of all, are these people fucking crazy, what kind of world are they expecting without men? Yes, 99% of all the horrible things going on around the world is from men but 99% of all the plesantries are also sponsored, founded, or condoned by men. Plus there is no way a women can love more than a man, No fuckin way, a man is biologicaly and sociologicaly built to give. Women go through their lives switching boyfriends and companions back and forth while men roam most of their life in solitude or in pursuit of love from women. Almost everything about women has to be in or around them and their interest. There is no fuckin way you can learn how to love and the value of love like a man unless you are a man. A woman's love is more maternal, it goes through cycles, and there is always some expectation. Men are fucked up, don't get me wrong, but a good man has his uses.

But you just admitted that your stance on homosexuality was based on feelings and not reason. How the hell do you feel that is okay?

I didn't really say it was ok.......just mostly I have a firm belife on the subject and it will not change, I've tried to warp my mind around it but it just wont happen.

Research is a horrible excuse to judge your morals by..........honestly

If research suggested that offing 90% of the human population would solve global warming, resource deficiencies, save the human race and planet earth.......would you go off 90% of the world population?

Something about doing that just doesnt FEEL right......regardless of what the hell research says.

So if you had the choice between giving an orphan homosexual parents and giving an orphan no parents, which would you choose?

I would give the child to a loving heterosexual family......they exist ya know.

Homosexuals have more morality wanting to be parents, than some of the ignorant straight couples who ignore their children altogether.

Draq... please... think about what you are saying, before you say it.

research stats are missing morality

so are all the homosexuals

Its always nice that you have something to say Draqon, but why dont you try saying something that isnt blatantly insulting to members of this site? I doubt you have ever even known any homosexuals.

sly1 said:
Research is a horrible excuse to judge your morals by..........honestly

I do not use research to define my behaviour or base my ethics, I use them along with my personal knowledge to make informed opinions.

If research suggested that offing 90% of the human population would solve global warming, resource deficiencies, save the human race and planet earth.......would you go off 90% of the world population?

This is an invalid argument and unacceptable due to ethical reasons and basic study design. There are guidelines in research, especially where humans are concerned.

Homosexuals have more morality wanting to be parents, than some of the ignorant straight couples who ignore their children altogether.

Draq... please... think about what you are saying, before you say it.

why is it an assumption that ALL gay couples can do no wrong.......there are some jacked up straight couples who are not fit for a family yes, is there no gay couple out there just as messed up?

I do not use research to define my behaviour or base my ethics, I use them along with my personal knowledge to make informed opinions.

This is an invalid argument and unacceptable due to ethical reasons and basic study design. There are guidelines in research, especially where humans are concerned.

children arent humans?!

Back