Is it possible for a human to Spontaneously Combust?

Same reason people go on Jerry Springer I suppose.

Why waste time asking for donations for treatment, testing and hospital stays?

Why give away your address and other personal details?

Why did Frank Baker sell his house on November 27th, 2013, shortly after his documentary aired? NOTE that his fund me page received ZERO donations?

GaiaGirl95,

An argument from probability.
Improbable things happen.

You haven't yet provided any good evidence that anybody has ever spontaneously combusted.

What's more likely? That man went to the moon, something that was a huge step in that era, or that the moon landings were faked?

Given the totality of evidence for the moon landings, it sure looks to me like we went to the moon.

Given the total lack of convincing evidence for SHC, it looks to me like it doesn't happen.

Here's a question for you, why would Frank Baker knowingly risk public ridicule by proclaiming himself as a SHC survivor on TV?

He gets his face on TV, for one. And you're not ridiculing him. You think he's amazing. Have you given him some money? Has it occurred to you that he might be making money out of his story?

The fire investigators investigating the death of Michael Farhety concluded that the open fireplace could not have caused the blaze which killed him. No accelerant was found.

Did they rule out all other conventional explanations?

If I were to spend 10 minutes googling Michael Farhety, do you think I could find some conventional explanations for his supposed combustion (i.e. normal causes of fire other than SHC)? Have you spent 10 minutes seeing whether anybody has offered such an explanation? If so, what did you find?

What evidence would there be to suggest SHC happened aside from heat that came from the outside of the body? If the body suddenly heated up from the inside and the skin/clothing ignited the body would be burnt by flames that burnt from the outside in but the source of the heat that caused the flames would have to be internal for true SHC.

And WHY did Frank Baker sell his house on November 27th, after failing to substantiate donation money? I would like this question to be answered please.
http://www.trulia.com/homes/Vermont...000140744-1889-Main-St-Isle-la-Motte-VT-05463

What evidence would there be to suggest SHC happened aside from heat that came from the outside of the body?

I don't know. You tell me. You're the one claiming that there's evidence out there for SHC. So show me some.

And WHY did Frank Baker sell his house on November 27th, after failing to substantiate donation money?

Why is that important to whether he has an SHC problem?

Well wouldn't it be logical that if you had a genuine medical problem and nobody was offering you money for the testing and treatment, wouldn't you sell your house to get a little money?

I don't know. You tell me. You're the one claiming that there's evidence out there for SHC. So show me some.

Why is that important to whether he has an SHC problem?

James, re GG latest, QED I think. This is feeding an endless loop with zero science content.

Well wouldn't it be logical that if you had a genuine medical problem and nobody was offering you money for the testing and treatment, wouldn't you sell your house to get a little money?

If he had a genuine medical problem the medical world would be all over him. They refuse medical treatment because he has no symptoms.
This is a scam or a mental illness, but as long as he doesn't set anyone else on fire and seems none the worse for wear himself, there is nothing to be done.

Why waste time asking for donations for treatment, testing and hospital stays

Because other people like to take your money.

Because it convinces gullible people that you are serious - even if the address is fake.

Why did Frank Baker sell his house on November 27th, 2013, shortly after his documentary aired?

Sounds like he needs money. If enough people donate, he'll be able to buy a much nicer house.

Why waste time asking for donations for treatment, testing and hospital stays?

Why did Frank Baker sell his house on November 27th, 2013, shortly after his documentary aired? NOTE that his fund me page received ZERO donations?

Perhaps the human torch was denied a bank loan.

Perhaps. So show me the evidence that he sold his house because he had a problem with spontaneously combusting.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Vermont...000140744-1889-Main-St-Isle-la-Motte-VT-05463

SOLD on November 27th, 2013.
Frank Baker stopped posting on Facebook on the 21st. Contract signed on the 26th.

GG,

Where is the evidence of combustion, spontaneous or induced??? If there is no evidence of the claimed event, how do we know he sold his house as a result of the condition? The condition cannot be diagnosed unless the patient exhibits symptoms.

To me it sounds like a case of Munchausen syndrome.
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/factitious_disorders/hic_munchausen_syndrome.aspx

I stipulate that it is only my personal opinion and no ad hominem is intended.

GG,

Where is the evidence of combustion, spontaneous or induced??? If there is no evidence of the claimed event, how do we know he sold his house as a result of the condition? The condition cannot be diagnosed unless the patient exhibits symptoms.

To me it sounds like a case of Munchausen syndrome.
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/factitious_disorders/hic_munchausen_syndrome.aspx

I stipulate that it is only my personal opinion and no ad hominem is intended.

I gave a link above which shows he sold his house on November 27th, 2013.

He said the doctor had diagnosed him with ''Partial Spontaneous Combustion''. And that he had burnt from the inside out.
In India, a baby named Rahul was diagnosed with this by doctors, so it is possible to be ''diagnosed'' with something even if no symptoms can be found because it happened in India too.

Frank says he has the doctors statements to back him up and he says he offers the non-believers to e-mail him for the evidence.

I gave a link above which shows he sold his house on November 27th, 2013.

He said the doctor had diagnosed him with ''Partial Spontaneous Combustion''. And that he had burnt from the inside out.
In India, a baby named Rahul was diagnosed with this by doctors, so it is possible to be ''diagnosed'' with something even if no symptoms can be found because it happened in India too.

Frank says he has the doctors statements to back him up and he says he offers the non-believers to e-mail him for the evidence.

That still does not rule out the Munchausen syndrome. It seems highly unlikely that the man was discharged with a dangerous (life threatening) new disease, unless the diagnosis was not persuasive.

Has anyone read about the infant in India who kept spontaneously combusting? His name was Rahul I think, made global news. The mother was an illiterate so there would be no way that she could've read up on SHC to stage it. She even said herself ''some people think I set fire to the baby '' and she became suicidal because people kept blaming her. In some cases it happened even when the mother wasn't there. It's all in the press.

The doctors, like in the case of Frank Baker, Diagnosed him with ''Partial Spontaneous Combustion''.

Has anyone read about the infant in India who kept spontaneously combusting?

By bringing up the same debunked topic up a second time in the same thread, you are acting insufficiently human. You post like a soulless spam-bot or outrage-feeding troll. Here are two posts from this same thread that you missed. You should apologize immediately to the forum and try to reform your behavior, if you wish to maintain your status in the community.
Again the newspaper report is credulous trash -- the cause of the baby's burns was phosphorus in building materials -- in this case [post=3152450]cow dung[/post].
The only source for any of that is Frank Baker. Spontaneous Human Combustion sounds a lot better as a tale for retelling than Careless Self-Immolation.
Likewise, baby Rahul is not subject to Spontaneous Human Combustion, but Stupid Village Arsonists and Child Abusers.

Abuse of white phosphorous completely explains the burns. The only questions are who and why.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...e-docs-hint-at-child-abuse/article5010621.ece
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...-all-not-well-with-parents/article5010622.ece
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/burning-baby-case-rahul-homebound/article5053204.ece
http://articles.timesofindia.indiat.../41580002_1_rahul-child-abuse-chennai-doctors

This was from a village with an endemic problem with phosphorous-arson. Lovely racist people would put white phosphorous in dung and when the dung heated up to about body temperature, fires would start. The baby was either a primary or secondary victim of this hate-crime arson and so the distraction of the crackpot theory of spontaneous human combustion could only delay the correct identification of the real human culprits. In short, countenancing belief in SHC constituted enabling child abuse in this case.

The doctors, like in the case of Frank Baker, Diagnosed him with ''Partial Spontaneous Combustion''.
No they didn't. That was press-driven nonsense and you have completely ignored that the doctors ruled out internal causes. Further, those that knew of the village prior hate-crime arsons fully understood the reason for the fires from the onset and only the far-away doctors were puzzled, briefly.

If dung was wiped on the baby, don't you think the mother would've noticed? It happened while the baby was at another house when other members of the family were taking care of him.

Though in one incident, it was said that a cloth NEXT to the baby caught fire. I don't know if that's a coincidence or not, it most likely was because after researching this case further, the mother mentioned flames on the babie's skin when he was 9 days old.

Baby Rahul has been sent back home. This time they do not reside in a hut but in a flame-resistant house. His parents weren't arrested.

If dung was wiped on the baby, don't you think the mother would've noticed? It happened while the baby was at another house when other members of the family were taking care of him.

Though in one incident, it was said that a cloth NEXT to the baby caught fire. I don't know if that's a coincidence or not, it most likely was because after researching this case further, the mother mentioned flames on the babie's skin when he was 9 days old.

Baby Rahul has been sent back home. This time they do not reside in a hut but in a flame-resistant house. His parents weren't arrested.

This entire post is inexcusable. It's been explained to you in detail what was involved in this case - yet you INSIST in carrying it on.

It's time you dropped this thread and move to something more suited to your abilities - like reading comic books.

There is no evidence phosphorous was used. if you read my post correctly, the woman saw fire on the baby's bare skin. Dung would've been noticed.

Back