Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Gen 3:2 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:
lets say you had a son, who you told not to eat poisoned pie. he eats the pie and you tell him drink the antidote.
is it right for you to tell him to take the antidote before he had eaten the pie?

The One God.

god the father believes he is the One God and for all intents and purposes, its ok for us to referr to him as One God

Yes. It is absurd that an omnipotent creator would be pissed off at & punish humans for being what it created them to be. Unless it is insane. And blaming puny humans for everything yet no blame for a god is just plain stupid.

< >

It is that fear of God that prevents theist from thinking clearly and morally.

They end in calling an evil God good out of fear.

Regards
DL

just because god the father believes he is the One God does not make him evil. in fact god the father loves us just as he said. everything he said is the truth as far the god the father knows, therefore he is not evil

lets say you had a son, who you told not to eat poisoned pie. he eats the pie and you tell him drink the antidote.
is it right for you to tell him to take the antidote before he had eaten the pie?

No weird scenario is required here. We already have an imaginary story to work with. I am not even sure what you are talking about but let me take a stab in the dark.

Are you suggesting that knowing what God knows of morals is poison.

If so, I agree when his morals say that it is Ok to torture a baby for six days before killing it as he is shown to do in the story of King David. All because of his anger against the king.

Regards
DL

The One God.

god the father believes he is the One God and for all intents and purposes, its ok for us to referr to him as One God

"It is I who am God; there is none apart from me." When he said this, he sinned against the entirety. And this speech got up to incorruptibility; then there was a voice that came forth from incorruptibility, saying, "You are mistaken, Samael" – which is, "god of the blind."

Regards
DL

being perfect is not the same as knowing everything. you can have a perfect frog that is suitable the environment, it need not know whats outside the pond. if the frog leaves the pond the frog become not perfect for its environment.

perfection is a state of being.

The God does not do things out of intent, The God just is. and does what The God wants. god the father believes he is The God and but he didnt remember putting that tree there, so he just said dont eat from it.

I once met god.
She was absolutely beautiful. One might say, "the epitome of beauty".
You could see worlds and universes in her eyes.
Anyway, she began to speak to me. I stood there in absolute rapture for hours listening to the sweet melodies of her voice.
When it was over, I staggered away, completely confused.
I really wish that I could tell you what she had said.
I had always thought that GOD would speak in English.
(sigh)

So you are polytheistic? OK, but that's not Christian th
The God does not do things out of intent, The God just is. and does what The God wants. god the father believes he is The God and but he didnt remember putting that tree there, so he just said dont eat from it.
You lost me there. I have no idea what you mean.

being perfect is not the same as knowing everything. you can have a perfect frog that is suitable the environment, it need not know whats outside the pond. if the frog leaves the pond the frog become not perfect for its environment.

perfection is a state of being.

Exactly. And if looked at the right way, that perfect state of being, if viewed as evolving perfection, sees it as being as perfect as it can be given all the conditions at hand.

I have basically given up using evolving perfection as most can't quite get it the way I do.

Now I mostly say that things are always the best they can be in the world as this is the only possible worlds.

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmc72fCJivA

If you cannot see that we are in the best of all possible worlds then my using evolving perfection will never be understood.

Regards
DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back