Is hate speech free speech?

I had in mind PC and liberalism, which invented the misleading term called hate speech, instead of calling it conditioned hate listening for the irrational and hypersensitive.

Interesting, since the GOP is the party that is trying very hard to ban speech they hate:
===================
Tennessee Senate Approves Ban On Discussing Homosexuality
Tennessee Teaching Homosexuality Ban

LUCAS L. JOHNSON II
05/20/11

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A bill passed Friday by the Tennessee Senate would forbid public school teachers and students in grades kindergarten through eight from discussing the fact that some people are gay.

. . .
Passage would make Tennessee the first state to enact such legislation, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. In 2003, Washington defeated a proposal similar to Tennessee's, as did California in 2005 and 2006. A Louisiana law forbids the use of sexually explicit materials depicting homosexuality in sex education classes.

Under the proposal, any instruction or materials at a public elementary or middle school would be limited to age-appropriate lessons about the science of human reproduction.

The legislation was amended from the original version, which said no elementary or middle schools will "provide any instruction or material that discusses sexual orientation other than heterosexuality." Republican Senate sponsor Stacey Campfield of Knoxville said some of his colleagues were uncomfortable with that language.
===================================

If you want to insult the tea party

No need; they do a fine job of making themselves look like fools.

I think of it as the definition above; if it incites violence or harm to another. Interestingly, we are slowly starting to see changes in law as it relates to online "bullying" and such. That too can't be tolerated if its intent is to incite harm to others.

The old adage "sticks and stones" isn't always the case if someone is feeling outcast due to a group of ppl singling that person out to ridicule, bully, emotionally abuse, etc...

I always try to treat and talk to others as I would like done to me.

Interesting thread!

Back